The True Betrayers

Kanashii's Treasure

"Yeah, so, what happened?" Abaryu questions, watching Kanashii.

"I have something to tell you, Abaryu." Kanashii says in neutral voice. She looks at Abaryu, and a trace of regret goes through her eyes. "I realize I should have told you this sooner, but, do you remember the Uchiha Massacre?" Kanashii questions, looking away from him.

"Yeah, what about it?" Abaryu questions.

"I....took part in it." Kanashii says in a stuttering voice. Abaryu's eyes go wide.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" Abaryu says, sounding angry and hurt. He watches as a tear falls down Kanashii's face.

"I've never told anyone. Only Itachi knows about it..." Kanashii says as she glances at Abaryu.

"Still, why wouldn't you tell me!!" Abaryu says, putting a little too much emphasis on the last word. Kanashii sighs, and looks at Darigan.

"It's just a really tough subject for me." Kanashii says.

"At least you feel remorse for what you did." Abaryu says, glaring at Kanashii.

"Yes, I do. At the time, me Uchiha blood was at it's peak in development. During that time, they're supposed to quarenteen us, but they didn't...." Kanashii says, shaking her head. She sighs. "If they would have, none of this would have happened." Kanashii shouts at the sky. She slams her left fist into a stone slab next to her. "DAMMIT!!!" She yells. Blood drips from her torn glove as she turns back to Abaryu. "It was all my father and Fugaku's fault that the massacre happened! If they would have went by their own laws, then none of this would have ever happened!! And for that reason, I dispise both of them." Kanashii says, glancing back up at the sky.

"Why are you here though." Abaryu says, gesturing towards the forest around them.

"I'm a rogue-ninja now. Why do you think I'm here?" Kanashii says as a evil grin pasters itself across her face.

"......"

"What better place for a rogue-ninja than Akatsuki! Not to mention, with one of the only family I have left." Kanashii says, looking at the ground as she says the last part.

"You mean Itachi?" Abaryu questions.

"Yeah." Kanashii says as she laughs lightly, and turns around. "If only they hadn't found out. Not to mention that I know almost every jutsu in the Hidden Leaf. So, for them to kick me out was a risky move on their part." Kanashii says as she begins to walk away.

"Hold on, Kanashii!" Abaryu yells.

"What is it?" Kanashii asks as she looks over her shoulder at him, and smiles sadly.

"I guess I'll be seeing you another time..." Abaryu says reluctantly.

"Yeah, I'll see yuh." Kanashii says as her eyes turn soft with sadness, and she turns around again.

"Something tells me I'll never see her again." Abaryu mentally says as he watches Kanashii grab Darigan, and jump to a nearby tree. She jumps away as fast as she can.

Meanwhile, nearby, Itachi's crimson eyes watch Abaryu as Kanashii runs off.

"Shouldn't we attack?" Kisame whispers.

"No, our only purpose here was to find out what Kanashii treasures the most." Itachi says, not bothering to whisper.

"Did you figure it out?" Kisame asks, still whispering.

"Yes." Itachi says as he stands up, and sighs. He brushes off his pants, and the two of them run through the trees, heading back to the hideout.
♠ ♠ ♠
...