Status: Complete

Missing the Rainbow

A Skittles Romance

I walked into my apartment and was hit with a strong wave of strawberry scent. That smell brought back so many memories. I trudged slowly into my empty apartment and up to the spare bedroom. I couldn’t bring myself to sleep in the bedroom I had once shared with her anymore, it was too painful.

I slumped down on the cold bed and pulled out my brand of poison, A&W root beer, that Grape hadn’t managed to find and take away from me. I missed my Strawberry so much. I chugged it down greedily out of my flask, the faster I swallowed it down, the sooner I would feel numb and forget my pain at losing Strawberry.

Fuck that goddamn reckless night. I lost my one and only Skittle. The Skittle of my life.

Flashback: One month ago

“Come on, Orange,” Lemon whispered in a sultry voice, “Strawberry will never find out.” Her lips attacked mine and I kissed her fiercely back.

In the back of my mind, I knew that this was wrong. I loved Strawberry. But as I was kissing Lemon, I wasn’t even thinking about Strawberry.

Somehow, we ended up in mine and Strawberry’s bed/ Our clothes strewn carelessly all over the bedroom. Our limbs tangled with each other and the sheets of the bed. While Lemon’s moans echoed loudly off the walls.

“Oh, God!” That wasn’t Lemon.

Shit! I looked toward the door. Strawberry was there looking at me with wide eyes, as Lemon continued to moan loudly. Thick tears were rolling off Strawberry’s cheeks.

“Strawberry! Wait!” I shouted getting out of the bed and trying desperately to find my missing pants.

“No! Stay the fuck away from me, Orange!” She yelled through her sobs. “Go back to that Lemontart ! I never wanna see you again, you asshole!” She stormed out, leaving the door open after she left, taking my shattered heart with her.

“I’m sorry,” Lemon said quietly, brushing her hand against mine.

I pulled away from her. “Yeah, so am I. You better get back home to Lime, you don’t want him to worry,” I said, my voice held no expression.

End of flashback


I drank heavily as the memory of the night played itself in my head for the billionth time.

Lemon and Lime are still together. He has no idea that we had sex behind his back. And I haven’t spoken to Strawberry since that night. God knows I’ve tried enough times to talk to her. She talks to Grape though, he says she is a wreck. It’s all my fault, if I hadn’t said yes to Lemon, if I had just said no, Strawberry would still be here with me.

We would still be together in our room. Happy.

I wouldn’t have a problem with root beer. And I wouldn’t feel guilty about screwing one of my best friends’ girls.

Grape has been awesome though, well, when he’s not trying to rid my apartment of root beer. He’s been there for me a lot in the last month. Taking care of me, making sure that I'd eat. I love that purple bastard.

I picked up my cell phone and scrolled through my contacts. I listened to the phone ring. And ring.

“Hello?”

“Howwwwwwwdy there, Grape,” I slurred.

I heard a heavy sigh. “Orange, it’s 3 in the morning, man. What’s wrong? Have you been drinking again?”

“I fucking miss her, Grape!” I yelled. “I fucked up and I miss her.”

“Hey, calm down, buddy. I’ll be over in a bit. Okay?” Grape said tiredly. “You sit tight, bro.”

“’Kay,” I hiccupped. “I love you, man.”

“I know you do, later, Orange.”

I hung up the phone; it took me four times until I managed to get the thing in the cradle. There was a buzzing sound coming from the living room. “Come in!” I shouted.

“Orange?” Grape asked from the living room

I sat up slowly and made my way dizzily down the short hallway. “Hey, Grape.” I whispered dropping down to the couch, still tightly clutching my root beer. “I can smell her.”

“That’s because she was here when you were at work,” Grape said sitting down next to me. “Let me have it, Orange.”

I held onto the silver flask tighter and shook my head. “I need it.”

“No you don’t. You need to go to bed,” he said sternly taking my flask away from me.

“Cock sucker,” I grumbled.

“I heard that,” Grape said as he lifted me up, “But I know you love me.”

“Yeah,” I sighed as my eyes closed. I felt the cool bed beneath me. “Thanks, Grape.”

“Yeah, Orange, good night,” he said walking away.

“Wait!” I called out.

“Yeah?”

“You said Strawberry was here.”

“She was getting the last of her things, Orange,” he said quietly. “I’m sorry, bro.”

“Yeah,” I sniffed. “It’s okay, it’s my fault.”

“Try to lay off the root beer, kay, Orange.”

I nodded, not really meaning it. I heard Grape leave and the tears I tried to hold back cascaded down my face. She’s fucking gone forever now.

Three weeks later.

I was sitting in the living room, nursing my root beer filled flask, when the doorbell rang. Standing up slowly, I opened the door.

“What?” I asked. Then gasped when I saw who was at the door. “Strawberry?”

Her lips collided with mine and I put as much emotion in to the kiss as I could. I pulled away. “I am so, so fucking sorry,” I apologized. “I’ve missed you so much. I’m nothing without you.”

Strawberry looked at me with tear filled eyes.

“Don’t cry, baby,” I said

“I’ve missed you so much, Orange.”

“Baby, please take me back,” I begged her as I wiped the tears falling from her eyes.

“I love you,” was all she said before her lips found mine again. She was kissing me so passionately that I was seeing the rainbow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?