Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 1

"Please, don't leave again, mom, please," I beg, holding onto my mother's leg, afraid to let her go. "Don't leave me, mom. I don't want you to go. Please, stay here, with me." Tears start streaming down my face, wetting my mother's pant legs. She bends down to where she was level with me, and cups my chin in her hand.

"Don't do this to me, honey. You know it hurts me as much as it does you. I'll be back soon, I promise. And then everything will be okay, I swear," she says, leaning forward to give me a kiss. "I'll be back soon. Don't worry," she says, standing back up and picking up her suitcase. She gives me a brief hug before turning away and heading towards the door that would make her disappear. She stops at the door and looks back at me one last time, blowing me one last kiss, before walking outside, leaving me alone once again.


This is where it all began, when I was at the young, unknowing and tender age of five years old. The year that my mother left, disappeared for almost fifteen years, without a single note telling me she was fine.

She didn't leave me all alone, she left me with my grandparents, her parents, since my father had died about a month before I was born and because of that, we somehow stopped talking to his parents. I grew up not knowing anything about my father or what became of my mother. All I know is that they would have given their lives for mine, made sure that I had everything I needed and that I was safe. For that, I would owe them everything.

I grew up isolated from the world, since I was raised by grandparents to be a refined young lady, who didn't associate with just anyone.

But all that's changed, I am now twenty years old and on a journey to find out what happened to my poor mother. I am leaving the only place I ever really knew to set out on the world I have yet to find out about.

My name is Alexia Rodriguez and this is my story and the rest of my life.