Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 13

"Oh. My. God. It's Valeria," she exclaims, running over to her and pulling her into a hug.

"Leena! I haven't seen you in ages," Val says, hugging her back.

"Am I missing something here," I ask, confused.

"I met Valeria when I was a senior in high school and she was a sophomore. We became instant friends and when I graduated, I didn't see her anymore," Leena explains. "She was the only cool person that I went to school with."

"Yeah. It was the exact same way. I didn't like anyone in high school except for Leena. All the other people there were…are bitches," Val says, grinning. "Except there was one little itty bitty problem. My mom couldn't stand her. She still can't stand her. So she better not find out it's you that is coming with us," she adds, making a face.

"Why does your mom hate me so much," Leena asks, looking at her.

"I guess it's because of the way you dress," Val says, looking her up and down. And I guess she did have a point, since Leena was covered from head to toe in black. She was wearing a black tank top that said in fancy cursive, The Used, a short skirt with low top Chucks. She had on a lot of eyeliner and eyeshadow and her hair was short, black and had bright red streaks throughout it.

"What's wrong with the way I dress? It's me," she says, twirling.

"It's cool. I like it. Holy shit, I need to get ready," I say, looking over at the clock next to the bed. "So, Leena, what am I going to wear tonight," I add.

"You, my friend, are going to wear this," she says, pulling out a black Dickies dress from her bag and a pair of black knee high boots.

"That's…nice," I say, looking at it closely.

"You don't like it," she says frowning.

"I like it. It's just that I need to get used to it first. Remember, I don't usually wear that," I say, getting up and taking it from her.

"Okay, that's good. But if you don't like it, I brought some more outfits with me," she says, pulling out more clothes. "You want something else to wear, Valeria," she adds, turning to look at Val.

"What else you got," Val says, getting up to look at everything else.

"Just about everything," Leena says, taking dumping everything out. "Even shoes."

I walk towards a door to see where it led to and was surprised when I found a bathroom. I walk in it and quickly change, looking at myself in the full-length mirror. I actually liked it. I walk out of the bathroom and find Val dressed in a different outfit from the one she was wearing when I went to go change. She now had on a pair of black jeans with a white tank top, plus the black Etnies she had already.

"You look good," I comment pulling on the boots.

"Thanks, so do you," she replies, grinning.

"Now, time for the makeup," Leena says, pulling out a makeup bag. "Alexia, sit up. I need to do your eyeliner in case there are cute guys there, so you can get them," she adds, cupping my chin and attacking my eye with an eyeliner pencil.

"Actually, there's already a guy that I'm interested in," I say, thinking of Ray. "You'll see him, I hope."

"Really? Who is it," Val asks excitedly.

"You'll see," I say, winking.

"Don't move your eyes, Alexia," Leena says, pulling the pencil away. "Unless you want me to poke you." Just as she was finishing, my phone rings and I jump.

"I'll be right back," I say, getting off the bed and heading towards the balcony. "Hello," I ask as soon as I answer it.

"We're here. Now hurry up," Ray says impatiently.

"All right. We'll be down in a few minutes," I say, walking back inside. "Bye," I add, hanging up. "Come on, people. They're here!"

"Who's here? I thought you said we were taking your grandma's car," Leena says, sounding confused.

"Nah. I was lying. Now come on, before they leave," I say, ushering them out the door. "You can leave your stuff here, if you want, and come back for them later," I add, pushing Leena out the door.

We run down the stairs and I yell out, "Grandma, I'm leaving. I'll be back later. Don't wait up!"

I pull open the door and we all walk outside. I see a van parked in front of the house and walk in that direction. I see a door open and someone step out.

"Took you long enough, Alexia," I hear Ray say. Leena and Val still hadn't figured out who it was yet and I was grinning.

"Yeah, sorry about that," I say, walking over to him and giving him a hug.

"Oh. My. Fucking. God," I hear Leena say behind me, followed by Val.