Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 15

"I saw something on the ground. Some sort of animal." I lie, tightening my arms around his neck.

"Whatever. So, are you going to stay on my back, make your boyfriend jealous and get him mad at me? Therefore resulting in us playing a horrible show tonight. Or are you going to get off of me and we walk in normally. That or you can get off and let Val on and see who we make jealous," he asks walking slowly so that I wouldn't fall.

I ponder that thought for awhile before finally letting what he said sink in. I smack him in the head and growl, "For the last fucking time, Gerard. He is not my boyfriend so why would he get jealous of you. Please, you're not even that pretty." I hear a snort coming from behind us and turn, finding Val with her hand over her mouth and turning bright red. "Oh, so you think Gerard is pretty, right?"

"That hurt. And who thinks I'm pretty?"

"Val, who else," I reply, messing with his hair. “How come you have better hair than I do?”

“I think Val’s pretty too, then. You’re not, cause you said I wasn’t pretty.” I sigh and shake my head, knowing perfectly well that he was trying to make me feel guilty. And it worked. “And I actually take care of my hair.”

“All right. Geez, Gerard. You’re pretty, okay? You happy now? And I take care of my hair, too.” I jump off of him and walk beside him, noticing that Val was walking very slowly behind us. “Val, get up here before someone kidnaps you and your mom kills me.”

“So, what songs are you guys playing tonight?” Val asks Gerard as she runs to catch up to us.

“Uh…quite a few. Let’s see, some from the old album…” Gerard starts off but is interrupted by Val.

“Ohh…can you guys please play Drowning Lessons for me? Please? I love that song,” Val pleads.

“I’ll talk to the guys and see what I can do. All right. Any other requests?” He glances pointedly in my direction.

“Umm…Thank You For The Venom or You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison. Those are really good.” I smile up at him and quickly look ahead when I hear someone call out my name.

“Fuck, Alexia! What took you guys so long?” Leena was standing next to the entrance along with the rest of the guys, tapping her foot impatiently.

“Sorry, but Gerard was attacked by some crazy fan girls and tried to kidnap him. Except that Val and I chased them away and saved him. You should have seen it. It was crazy,” I make up, elbowing Gerard in the side that he wouldn’t say anything. “Didn’t we, Val?”

“Yeah. It was crazy. Gerard had to be saved by two girls.” Val turns to look at Gerard, who was frowning but his eyes were shining.

“Damn, Gerard, you really are weak if you had to be saved by two girls.” Frank was grinning, Bob was shaking his head, Mikey was staring at his brother wide-eyed and Ray was laughing uncontrollably.

“Shut the fuck up, Iero. Now, are we going to play or what?” Gerard sends me a glare, which I respond with a smile and walks towards the door the guys were standing next to.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Mikey, who started laughing after awhile, pulls open the door and steps inside and disappears. Ray holds the door open, letting Leena, Val and myself inside.

“You guys can hold open your own doors,” he says, letting it go just as Gerard started walking through.

“Wait, Gee, I’ll get it. You might not be able to hold it. You know, it’s heavy and seeing how weak you are…yeah, we don’t want you to get hurt.” Frank quickly steps in front of Gerard and holds the door, grinning like a maniac.

“That’s so not funny, Iero.” Gerard, as he walks by him, punches him in the stomach, causing Frank to double over.

“Hey, not fair. I attacked you with words, not with my fist. There’s a difference, you know?” Frank clutched his stomach and walked inside, his face contorted in pain. “Gerard, I think you made it so that I won’t be able to play. Damn it.”

“We need to find a replacement guitarist in like thirty minutes?” Ray started muttering under his breath, clearly angry.

“Guys, Leena can play guitar. She knows all your songs. I’ve heard her play them before.” All set of eyes turned to look at a blushing Leena.

“Do you really?” Gerard asks, looking her up and down. Leena nods and Ray shoves Frank’s white Pansy guitar at her, demanding that she play one song.

“Which one?” she asks timidly, putting the guitar strap over her shoulder.

The guys look at each other and each nod simultaneously. “You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison,” they all say in unison.

Leena shrugs and sends them a smile before launching into the song intro. After she was done, Gerard quickly names another song, from their first record and she plays it flawlessly.

“She’s good,” Mikey remarks, nodding his head approvingly.

“Yeah, she’s really good,” Frank admits from where he was lying on a couch, holding his stomach. “You guys better not even think about replacing me with her, got it?”