Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 25

What do you mean she won't be alone," I ask curiously, wondering if he had something up his sleeve that I didn't know about.

"She won't be alone meaning that we will be with her…duh," he replies, as if the answer was obvious.

"Uh huh, sure," I say, not to convinced. "I've got to go now, Ray. I'm at the airport now and I have to look for Ana," I add, pulling into the airport parking lot and pulling into an empty space.

"All right. I'll see you later then," he replies before hanging up.

Closing my phone, I get out of the car, quickly locking it and heading towards the entrance. A few feet away from it, my phone starts ringing and I notice that it was Ana, and I quickly answer. "Hello?"

"Woman, where are you?! I've been waiting here for like…ever. Okay, it's been five minutes, now come on," she says, sounding frantic.

"Ana, chill, I'm walking towards the entrance as we speak," I reply, walking past a few teenagers, who were messing around but stopped when they saw me.

"Hey, can I get your number," one of them yelled out.

"Nope, sorry. I don't have a phone," I reply, grinning.

"Then what's that in your hand? It looks like a phone to me," he says, walking up to me.

"Then you need to get your eyes checked, cause there's nothing in my hand," I say, smirking.

"So, are you going to give me your number?" he asks, walking in front of me with his back towards everyone else to where he was facing me. "C'mon. I'm Nick, by the way."

"No. And I don't care." I reply. "Besides, I'm a lesbian." That remark caused him to retreat and caused Ana to go into a fit of giggles.

"You are? But you're so…" his voice trailed off and her didn’t say anything else.

"I am and I'm also talking to my girlfriend right now. I'm here to pick her up," I reply, smiling. "Later." I walk by him, smiling at my quick mind. To me he looked around fifteen years old. And to tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to go to jail because of statutory rape.

"Alexia!" I hear someone yell out, both in my ear and in public.

"Ana!" I yell back, closing my phone and running over to her.

"I missed you," we both say at the same time, hugging each other.

"Dahling, you look gorgeous. What on earth are you wearing, love," she asks, pulling back and looking me up and down.

"You like?" I ask, twirling. I was wearing a black tank-top with a black silky skirt and had a ribbon of leathery material with lace surrounding it around the middle, the hoodie that Leena let me borrow the night before that I never returned and a pair of low-top black Chucks.

"I love! So, I heard that I'm your girlfriend. When did that happen," she asks, grinning wickedly.

"Really? I haven't gotten that memo," I joke, looking around and finding the kid that had been hitting on me.

"What was that all about, anyway," she asks, grabbing her bag and heading towards the door. I grab her carry on and walk next to her.

"He was hitting on me. And tell me, how old do you think he is," I ask, motioning in the direction of that kid.

She looks at him for awhile before replying. "I'd say around fifteen or so." She turns to look at me and I give her a look that clearly said, 'And what would that mean?' "Oh, I see. Statutory rape. Duh."

"Exactly. Now I don't know about you, but I don't want to go to jail for that," I say, pulling out the car keys. I walk to the back of it and open the trunk, putting her things in the back.

"Nice car."

"I know. My grandma let me borrow it," I say, walking to the drivers' side and getting in.

"So, you got a date with Ray tonight?" she asks, turning on the radio.

"Yeah. If you would call it a date. We're just gonna go catch a movie. Speaking of which, do you wanna come with?" I ask, turning to look at her.