Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 28

"Yeah, sure. Mikey, watch my food. Make sure afroman here doesn't eat it all," I say, getting up and following Gerard outside.

"What's up?" I ask, putting my hands in my pockets and pulling out a pack of cigarettes.

"You smoke?" he asks incredulously. I nod and pull one out, offering him the pack. He accepts the pack of cigarettes before continuing, "But you seem like one of those quiet Catholic-esque school girls that doesn't do anything bad."

"That's what you think of me?" I ask, lighting up the cigarette and taking a drag. "That's kinda sad. Just because I'm Hispanic doesn't mean I'm actually Catholic, you know?"

"I'm kinda realizing that."

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I ask, exhaling and causing smoke to billow in front of my face.

"Ray. I think he likes you. You're the only person he's talked about since we met you. But he's just to scared to admit it. To anyone, even us. I can easily tell though. And I'm warning you, he won't make the first move, just so you know," he says, grinning.

"Thanks for the info. Anything else you would like to ask me?"

"Is Ana by any chance available?"

I literally choke on the smoke, if that was possible. "What? Ana? Yeah, she is. Why?"

"Do you think she'd like to go out with me? She's pretty. And while we were talking, I realized that she's a cool person. So, do you think she will?" he asks, lighting up a cigarette.

"I don't know. But here's an idea. Why don't you ask her? Instead of asking me. How about trying that," I suggest, grinning.

"You know, that's not a bad idea," he replies, grinning. He quickly finishes his cigarette and tosses it to the ground. I do the same and he pulls me into a half hug. "Remember, Ray likes you."

"I heard you the first time you said it," I say, hugging him back. "Let's go back inside, it's cold."

As I was sitting down, Ray leans over and asks, "What did he want?"

"Nothing. Hey, come over here, I want to show you something," I say, getting up and grabbing his hand, pulling him up beside me.

"Where are you two going?" Frank asks, once again started to shoot spitwads.

"I'm going to show him something," I reply, looking at Gerard and wink.

The two of us walk outside and head towards my car. "Whoa, nice car. This is the one they gave you?" I nod and open it, sliding in and motioning for him to get in.

"So, what did you want to show me?" he asks, looking over at me.

"Look, it's right here," I say, pointing at something and causing him to lean towards me.

"What?" He looks up at me and I lean over and give him a kiss.