Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 30

"Can I think about it? I mean, I just need to get to know you more before I say yes," I reply, trying not to hurt his feelings. To tell you the truth, I was dying to tell him yes, but I still didn't know him enough to actually say the word.

He face falls and he looks at the ground before saying, "All right. That's fine."

"I'm sorry, Ray. I don't want to hurt your feelings. I'm just still not so sure. I've only known you a few days. And I probably should have waited to kiss you, huh?" I say, grinning sheepishly.

"I know. But about that kiss…" he looks down at me and smiles before lowering his head down to mine and capturing my lips with his.

"You're a very good kisser," I whisper, swaying slightly. "Has anyone ever told you that?"

"Nope. Only you. And glad to know you think that," he replies, wrapping his arm around me once again.

***

"Did you see that little kissing show going on?" Frank asked as he walked back to the table everyone else was sitting at.

"What kissing show?" Gerard asked, sounding like he didn't have a clue what he was talking about, even though he did.

"Alexia and Ray. They are out in the parking lot, making out. That was what she needed to show him, the inside of her mouth?" Frank asks, shaking his head.

"At least they're getting somewhere," Mikey points out, grinning.

"Yeah, I know. And I'll be right back, again," Frank said just as his phone started ringing. "Hello?"

"Wonder who that was? He's been acting strange since last night," Gerard comments, leaning back against the seat.

"You know, you do have a point. Ever since he was talking to Leena last night. The two of them were sitting in the backseat whispering to each other. For some reason, I'm thinking that he's talking to Leena," Bob said, sliding down his sunglasses to cover his eyes.

"That's it! That’s' who he's talking too," Gerard said, sitting up suddenly.

"How can you be sure," Mikey asked, looking over at his brother.

"Wait and see." Gerard replied, grinning.

"Are you going to beat it out of him," Ana asked a bit hesitantly.

"We'll see." A few minutes later, Frank walked back to the table, grinning.

"Hey, Frank. How's Leena?" Gerard asked, knowing Frank would fall for it.

"She's fine. She--" he stopped when he realized he had just been tricked.

"See, I told you guys it was her," Gerard said, grinning triumphantly. "Frankie has a girlfriend! Frankie has a girlfriend!"

"I don't have a girlfriend. Not yet," Frank replied, sitting down.

"Wait a minute, who's Leena?" Ana asks suddenly, remembering that Alexia had mentioned that name in the car.

"She's one of Alexia's friends we met last night at our concert," Gerard explained. "Speaking of Alexia, where is she and afroman?"