Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 31

"Hey, guys, where have you been," Frank asks, grinning like a maniac as soon as Ray and I reappear.

"Outside," I reply, sliding into the booth next to Mikey and Ray sliding in beside me, lacing his fingers through mine underneath the table.

"Doing what?" Gerard asks, trying to hold back laughter.

"Talking. What else would we be doing?" I reply, feeling my face turning red.

"You sure about that? Cause from where I was standing, it looked like you two were doing more than just talking," Frank pressed, as if trying to get information out of us.

"Yes, that's all we did," I reiterate, looking down at my lap so they wouldn't see my burning face.

"Yeah, right. Sorry, but we don't believe that," Ana said, sounding amused.

"Ray and Alexia, sitting in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes babies in a baby carriage," Mikey sang randomly, taking a drink of coffee that he had bought while Ray and I had been outside.

"Mikey? That song is so old," Gerard said, grinning.

"It was the only thing that popped into my head. What did you want me to sing? 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider?' Sorry, but that song didn't fit in with the moment," Mikey retorted, sticking his tongue out.

"Hey, guys, we're going to go now. We have to do something," I say, motioning for Ray to scoot out of the booth so that I could get out. "You ready to go, Ana?"

"Yeah. I'll be out there in a minute," she replies, looking over at Gerard.

"All right. I'll meet you at the car," I say, heading towards the door. "Bye, guys, I'll see you all later."

I push open the door and get surprised when someone grabs me from behind, pulling me out of sight. "You didn't say bye to me," Ray whispers into my ear.

I turn in his arms and look up at him, smiling. "Bye," I whisper back, watching as he slowly lowered his face towards mine. His hold was gentle, yet his kiss was somewhat possessive. He finally pulls away and looks down at me, brushing a strand of loose hair out of my face.

"Think about what I asked you," he whispers, brushing his lips against my cheek.

"I already did." I reply, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"And?"

"Yes, I will." I say, looking up at him. His face brightens and he leans down to kiss me again.

"See, I told you guys we'd find them somewhere hiding," I hear Frank say. I pull away from Ray and bury my face against his neck.

"Oh, great. Just what I needed," I mumble, blushing.

"Question, why are you two making out if you're not going out?" Gerard asks quizzically.

"Who said we weren't going out," Ray asks, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"You two are going out now?" Frank asks gleefully.

"Yeah, why?" I ask slowly, wondering what he was up to.

"Gerard, you owe me twenty bucks," Frank said, turning to Gerard and holding out his hand.

"Wait, why does he owe you money," I ask curiously, pulling away from Ray to look at Frank.

"Cause of a bet we had. I betted twenty bucks that you two would be going out by the end of the week," Frank said happily.

"Ah, see there's the loop hole, Frank. You said by the end of the week and it hasn't been the end of the week yet. Only a day or so," Gerard said, grinning.

Frank thinks about it for awhile and finally says, "Dammit! You're right. Fine, it's ten. Hand it over."

"No, cause you were wrong," Gerard said, shaking his head.

"It still counts, cause it's still that week that we were betting on," Frank whined, stomping his foot.

"He's not going to leave you alone, Gee, you do know that, right?" Mikey says, grinning. "Just give him the ten bucks to shut him up."

"Fine," Gerard said, giving in. Pulling out his wallet, he hands Frank a ten-dollar bill. "Here, you happy now? You better not be bugging us tomorrow on the bus ride home," Gerard said as Frank quickly calmed down, looking gleefully at the money in his hand.

"Told you I was right."

"Frank, just shut up already, man," Ray said, laughing. He leans down and brushes a kiss onto my forehead.

"Aww…don't they look so cute together," Gerard asks, pulling out a camera and taking a picture. "Wonder how much the tabloids would pay for this? I can just read the headlines now, 'Favorite Lead Guitarist Has His Own Favorite.'"

"Gerard, shut up. I've got to go now. Where's Ana," I ask, pulling away from Ray.

"Over there, on the phone with someone," Gerard says, pointing somewhere.

"I'll see you guys later," I say, leaning up to give Ray a quick kiss and a hug before walking away towards my car. I spot Ana and walk over to her. "Hey, what did you think of the guys? They're awesome, right?"

She looks up at me, a grin on her face. "Yeah, they're way cool."

"Why are you looking so happy?" I ask, unlocking the car.

"Guess who asked me to go catch a movie with him tonight?" she asks, looking over at me happily.

"I don't know. Who?" I ask, starting the car before pulling out.

"Gerard."

"Really?"

"Yeah, he asked me after you and him went outside to talk about something and you had gone outside with Ray," she explains, leaning back against the seat. "So, what happened with you and Ray?"

"He asked me to be his girlfriend," I reply, turning on the heater.

"He did? And what did you tell him," she asks, turning to look at me.

"That I had to think about it…"

"Alexia, you didn't say no to him, did you," she asks exasperatedly.

"No, because when I went outside by myself he followed me out and asked me again. That was when I told him yes," I reply, smiling.

"You're going out with Ray Toro
? That's freaking awesome," she says, smiling.

"And you're going on a date with Gerard Way. How does that feel?" I ask, pulling onto the street my grandparents' house was located.

"Awesome. Really cool," I reply, thinking happy thoughts at the moment.