Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 33

"Ray, umm…why are we in the middle of nowhere," I ask, looking over at him.

"Cause I wanted to show you something," he replies. "And it requires getting out of the car," he adds, getting out and walking over to my side, opening the door and helping me out.

"Ray…you sure about this?" I ask hesitantly, looking around slowly.

"Don't tell me you're scared of being outside," he jokes, putting his arm around my waist.

"No, but I am semi-scared of the dark," I reply, shaking a bit.

"Don't worry. I won't let the hurt you, I promise," he says, using a line from one of their songs. I smile at that and relax a little. "Now, we have to walk," he adds, starting to head deeper into the woods.

"We're going in there?" I ask, pointing.

"Yeah. But only for a little bit. And trust me, you'll like it," he says, leaning down to give me a kiss.

"If anything and I mean, anything happens to me. So much as a scratch, and I will be the one to hurt you," I warn him, walking beside him.

"Don’t worry. You're safe with me," he assures, pulling me closer.

We walk for about five minutes and after awhile he tells me to stop and close my eyes. "No, I don't want to fall," I say stubbornly.

"Alexia, I won't let you fall," he says, sighing. "Just do it, please?"

I think about it for a minute and finally agree. "I better not fall," I mutter, closing my eyes. I reach for his hand and he grabs it, pulling gently to get me to move. I don't know how long we were walking after that, but we finally stop and he says I could open my eyes. Opening them, I gasp in surprise. "Oh. My. God. It's beautiful," I say, moving my head around to look at everything.

"I told you that you would like it. But did you believe me, no," Ray says, grinning.

"I love it," I reply, pulling him into a hug. And I did. He had brought me to a small clearing that was surrounded by trees and had a small pond in the middle with ducks swimming around. There were flowers of every color sprinkled around the ground and there was even a rock protruding out over the water. "But what are we doing here?"

"I just wanted to show it to you. This…" he motions to our surroundings. "Is one of my favorite places. One of my friends that lives around here showed it to me a few years ago and I fell in love with it instantly."

"I think I'm falling in love with this place," I reply, still looking around.

"You want to go now? We can still go catch that movie if you want," he asks, moving in front of me and pulling me into his arms.

"All right. I am seriously going to be coming back here," I say, allowing him to lead me away.