Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 35

"Bye, abuela," I say, leaning down and giving her a kiss on her cheek. Ana was standing near the door, waiting for me to finish saying bye to my grandparents.

"Bye, mija,. You're going to be coming back, right?" she asks, kissing me back.

"I just might," I reply, moving over to where my grandfather was sitting and leaning down to kiss his cheek as well. "Bye, abuelo," I add, smiling.

"Bye, mija, have fun. Say hi to your mother for us," he says, holding my hand.

"I will. But I have to go now. I have someone waiting for me," I say, kissing each one once again before heading towards the door.

"Is Ana going with you, mija?" my grandmother asks, looking over at Ana.

"Yeah, but she's riding with the guys. I'm driving myself," I reply, grabbing my bag.

"What guys?"

"The ones I told you about the other day," I explain.

"Oh, okay. So, then, who's riding with you," she asks.

"Ray."

"The one with all the hair?"

"Yes, the one with all the hair."

"Why is he going with you?"

"Because he's my boyfriend, abuela," I say, smiling.

"Boyfriend? Since when?"

"Since a few days ago. Look, I'd really love to stay and chat, but I've got to go now. I love you both. And I'll see you hopefully in a few days," I say, backing up towards the door, where Ana had disappeared from.

"Okay. Bye, mija. Be careful and drive safely," my grandfather calls out. Just as I was walking out the door, I hear him say out loud, "She has a boyfriend?"

I quickly walk over to my car, where Ana was waiting for me and put my bag in the trunk before getting inside and starting it. Just as I was pulling out of the driveway, my phone starts ringing. "Bueno?" I ask, backing up.

"Are you on your way to see your mom, mija?" I hear my other grandma ask.

"Si, abuela, I'm on my way. I'm just leaving, in fact," I reply, heading in the direction of the hotel the guys were staying at.

"I heard Ana is with you," she says more in a questioning form than in a statement.

"Yes, she is. She's coming with me," I say, pulling into the hotel parking lot.

"That's good. Well, I just wanted to see how you were and if you were all right. So, call me when you get there," she says. "I love you."

"Okay. I love you, too," I reply before hanging up. "I just love how my grandparents keep asking twenty-one questions with me," I say, looking over at Ana.

"Yeah, I find that interesting myself," she says, grinning.

I quickly park and the two of us head up to the fifth floor, where the rooms the guys were using were. Ana tells me she was going to the room Gerard and Mikey were occupying and heads towards their room. Stopping in front of the one Ray and Frank were using, I knock and end up waiting awhile outside before someone opened the door.

"Alexia, what the hell are you doing here so fucking early," Frank asks, rubbing his eyes.

"Good afternoon, Frank," I say sweetly, brushing past him and into the room. "Is Ray still asleep?"

"Yeah, don't you see that big lump under the covers," Frank mumbles, climbing back into bed and pulling the covers over his head. "Wake him up if you want."

I smile and walk over to Ray's bed, noticing that he only slept on half of it. Pulling back the covers I slide in next to him and whisper into his ear, "Wake up, babe."

He groans and slowly opens his eyes, one hand moving up to shield his eyes from the light streaming into the room. "Hey, what are you doing here," he asks, rolling over onto his side and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"We've got to go soon," I say, leaning up to give him a quick kiss on his cheek before snuggling closer to him. "You're comfy," I add, resting my head on his bare chest.

"That's what everyone says when they pass out near me. And give me a few minutes to get dressed and gather all my shit," he replies, pulling away from me and throwing back the covers and getting up.

"Nice boxers," I comment, glancing at his Star Wars boxers.

"Thank you. I believe that they are the shit," he says, looking over his shoulder to look at me, winking.

I raise an eyebrow and lean back on his bed. "So, do you guys have a gig tonight?" I ask, adjusting a pillow under me.

"Yeah, it's the last show of the Revenge Tour in the US. After that, we're heading up to England to do a few shows," he replies, grabbing some clean clothes from his suitcase.

"You're going to England?" I ask, my eyes going wide. He gives me a small smile before walking over to me. Lying down on the bed next to me, he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him.

"Yes, but it's only for like a month, that's all," he whispers into my ear before turning my face and pressing his lips gently against mine.

"It better be," I mumble, moving my hands behind his head and pulling him closer to me. We were really getting into the kiss when we hear someone clearing their throat.

"We're not interrupting anything, are we?" I hear Gerard ask, sounding amused.

"Can't you see we're busy here?" Ray mutters, reluctantly pulling away from me.

"Didn't seem like you two were doing anything of utter importance," Gerard says, his eyes twinkling.

"Other than trying to make themselves a baby, I don't think that it was anything important, either," Ana says, appearing behind Gerard, who turns and gives her a high five.

Out of nowhere, a pillow comes flying at them, hitting Gerard in the face. "What the hell? What was that for?" Gerard says, throwing the pillow back in the direction that it came from.

"Why the hell are all of you in here? Can't you see I'm trying to get some beauty sleep?" Frank mumbles from where he was once again trying to sleep on the bed.

"Frank, man, I think you're going to be needing a lot more beauty sleep than what you're getting now," Gerard replies, ducking just in time before he got hit with a red Etnies shoe.

"Shut up," Frank grumbled, rolling over and closing his eyes.

"Let's take this to your room, then," Ray suggested, looking over at Gerard.

"No problem with me. Let's let Princess here get her beauty sleep," Gerard replied, heading towards the door.

"I heard that," Frank mumbled, not moving.

"I know you did. That's why I said that, Princess," Gerard said, grinning.