Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 41

"Aw, come on Ray. You know I was just messing with you," Bert says, grinning.

"I know. But we're still gonna go. I'll see you guys later at the show. And don't do anything stupid between now and then," Ray says, heading towards the door.

"Ray, we're not gonna get there on time, are we," I ask as we neared the car.

"Yeah, we will."

"No, we won't. You've got less than five minutes. And there's gonna be hardcore traffic," I reply, getting into the passengers' side.

"Trust me, we will," he says, grinning as he slipped into the drivers' seat. "You might wanna put your seatbelt on," he adds, putting his on.

"Ray, you better not be thinking what I think you're thinking," I warn, putting on my seatbelt.

"Okay, and off we go," he says, pulling out of the parking space and speeding towards the exit.

"Ray!!! What the fuck?! Slow the hell down," I scream, bracing myself against the dashboard.

"I told you to hold on," he says, jerking the steering wheel towards the left, darting between other cars. "Now, will you please stop yelling? It's hurting my ears."

"Well, if you slowed the fuck down, I wouldn't be yelling your damn ears," I growl, my eyes wide as I realized he had to do a turn. "Te voy ha matar! Entiendes?! Te voy ha matar!" I add, changing to Spanish.

"Will you calm down? You're gonna live," he says, grinning.

"And will you slow down? I wanna live," I reply, looking at him.

Five minutes later, I finally climb out of the car, my legs shaky and my teeth chattering. I completely ignore Ray calling my name and head for the door, pulling out the backstage pass Gerard had given me earlier. I walk up towards the side door and flash my pass to the security guard that promptly let me in.

I walk into a room where I find Gerard, Frank, Mikey, Bob and Ana sitting around talking.

"Hey guys," I say, sitting down next to Ana.

"Hey. Why are you so pale," Ana asks, looking at me weirdly.

"Cos Ray almost killed me," I reply, grabbing a bottle of water.

"Wait, lemme guess, you let Ray drive," Frank asks, grinning.

"Yeah, cos if you did, then that was a huge mistake on your part. Never let Ray drive, even if he begs you to let him," Mikey concurs, grinning.

"Now you guys tell me this," I reply, groaning. "After I nearly died." They all burst out laughing and I just glare at them, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Hey, why'd you walk off," I hear Ray ask as he sits down next to me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Cos I was mad at you," I reply, trying to wiggle out of his embrace.

"Aw, why were you mad at me?" he asks, tightening his hold on me.

"Cos you almost killed me, that's why," I reply, finally giving up and leaning against him.