Another Hospital Stay

Chapter 5

"And for when do you need this ticket, miss," he asks, typing something into the computer.

"Tomorrow afternoon," I reply, pulling out my grandfather's cell phone from my pocket and glancing down at it. Three missed calls. Do they not listen to anything I ask them to do? I shake my head and pull out my wallet, waiting for the guy to tell me how much it was going to be.

"One way ticket from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Trenton, New Jersey, correct?" I nod and he then asks, "Do you want first class or middle?"

"Umm…middle's fine," I reply, looking around again and taking in my surroundings.

"Will that be all, miss," he asks, still punching in numbers.

"Yes, that's all. How much is it," I ask, looking down at my watch.

"Seventy-five dollars, miss," he says, looking me in the eyes.

"Okay. Hold on a sec," I say, smiling. I pull out the money and hand it to him, waiting for him to give me the change.

"Thank you, miss. And hold on, it's printing," he says, accepting my money and quickly handing me back my change. A few seconds later, he hands me the ticket, smiling. "Your flight will be at three in the afternoon. Thank you, and have a nice day." I smile back at him and take the ticket, placing it inside my coat pocket before walking away.

I pull out the phone and look at it, noticing that they had called two more times and this time, they decided to leave me a message. I press the button to check it, not looking up to see where I was going. I hear someone yell out,

"Hey, Gerard! Wait up fo--," before I ended up running into him. I stumble and fall, landing on my wrist.

"Oww…" I mutter, lifting my hand and trying to turn my hand, which by this time, was throbbing unbearably.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Let me help you up," the guy says, offering me his hand. I take it and let him pull me up. "So sorry about that. I should have seen where I was going."

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I say, holding my wrist gingerly.

"Are you okay? You're holding your hand as if it was hurt. Is it," he asks, looking genuinely concerned.

"I'm fine," I lie, shutting my eyes for a few seconds.

"Hey, Ray, we need to get going now. Frank, Mikey, and Bob are waiting for us," someone says from beside me. I open my eyes and see a guy standing there who had long black hair, hazel-green eyes, and a crooked smile. "Oh, hi. I'm Gerard," he adds, looking at me and holding out his hand.

"Umm…hi. I'm Alexia," I say, holding out my hand, which I temporarily forgot was injured. He shakes it and I gasp at the searing pain that went up my arm.

"Are you okay," he asks, quickly letting go of my hand.

"Fine," I say, taking deep breaths.

"Did I hurt your hand when I ran into you and you fell," the guy, who by now I came to figure out his name is Ray, asks.

I look up at him and nod slightly. "I'll be fine. Don't worry," I say, finally looking at him closely. He looked Hispanic but with lighter skin, with light golden-brown hair that was long and in an afro. He had full lips and was taller than me.

"I'm so sorry. Here, let me make it up to you. Gerard and I are in a band and if you're ever anywhere near where we're playing, call me and I'll get you in," he says, pulling out a pen and a small slip of paper, where he scribbled something onto it. He hands it to me and I look at it, noticing that it was his number. "Well, we've got to get going. We're heading to Trenton for a show tonight and tomorrow. It was nice meeting you, Alexia. See you soon, I hope," he adds, turning and walking away.

His friend lingers a few more seconds, looking at me with a small grin on his face. "Ray can be so fucking clumsy sometimes. Sorry about that. Call him, I would like to see you at one of our shows," he adds, about to walk away.

"Wait," I call out behind him. He turns and looks at me, an eyebrow raised. "Umm…he forgot to mention the name of the band that you guys are in," I add, blushing.

"My Chemical Romance. See you later," he says, waving before disappearing into the crowd. I sigh and turn, looking at the slip of paper once again. I put it in my pocket and leave, heading towards the store to get a few necessities that I would be needing within the next few days. Ten minutes later and I'm on my way back home, listening to music.