Of All The Gin Joints In The World

I Love My New Daddy

“I'm glad to say that Gerard you are Ellie's biological father” the doctor said happily and I breathed a sigh of relief.

“Yay! Daddy!” Ellie squealed and Gerard beamed a massive smile.

He must have lost his mind because he kissed me.
I kissed back of course but, he kissed me.

We went back to mine and Ellie's and I made us some lunch.
Gerard came into the kitchen smiling still.

“I can't believe we made a kid so amazingly talented” he said happily and I smiled.
“I can” I said and winked cheekily.

“You can't believe how happy I am....I have a beautiful little girl” he said excited and I grinned as I chopped up the onions.

“If only I'd known” he sighed and I frowned with tears in my eyes.

“Hey what's wrong?” he asked me softly.
“Huh? Oh nothing, i-its just the onions” I studdered, I'm such a terrible liar.

“You were better off without me...I mean look at you now, you're probably some fancy artist who earns millions right?” I said chopping with more force because of my emotions.

“I'm a musician” he admitted and I smiled weakly.
“I write a comic book too” he said and I turned to look at him.

“Then you were better off” I concluded and he frowned.

“You don't know that. If I had believed you, who knows where we could be right now” he said and I chuckled darkly.
"Probably dead” I said and he stopped.

“What...? Why?” he asked.

“Two teenagers and a baby? Are you kidding Gerard?” I said setting the table.

“We could have made it, I wouldn't have let anything hurt you or Ellie” he said and I sighed looking down and pausing what I was doing to look back up at him.

“I know you would have Gerard, I-I'm sorry...” I said and the tears come
to my eyes again.

“Hey now...dont cry” he said holding me in his arms.
“I'm sorry, I just...i don't know what's wrong with me, I can never make the right decisions! I denied you a daughter for eight years” I sobbed and he hugged me tighter.

“Ihat doesn't matter now. It wasn't your fault, you were just trying to protect her” he whispered and I settled down.
_______________________________________________________________________

Once I had stopped crying I went and served out lunch.

“I'll see you tomorrow afternoon Ellie, I love you” Gerard told our daughter before he left that night.
“Night daddy! I love you too” she said and I smiled.

Gerard stood and motioned for me to hug him.

I did so loving the warm embrace more than I should have.

“I'll see you tomorrow Charlie” he whispered and I nodded breathing in his scent before we detangled our limbs and Gerard left.

“Mommy?” Ellie said as I shut the door to our apartment.
“Yeah baby?” I asked as we walked into the living room.

“I love my new daddy, thank you for finding him” she grinned and hugged me.
I hugged back beaming.
♠ ♠ ♠
THERE YOU HAVE IT

THE END

Comments?
xx