Where's My Happily Ever After?

I Got You Blue Lilies

I’m not entirely sure just how much blood I had lost, but I know it was plenty since I hadn’t had a drop of blood in so long. At one point I had brought my lips to my wrist, just out of curiosity, to find that my blood tasted so gross! So, rather than go through that experience ever again, I let my life drip onto Edwin’s floor. I was feeling a bit dizzy by the time Quinn came running in, tears streaming out of her distraught eyes. The guilt sat in right about then.

“Jade! Don’t die!” she yelled, throwing her arms around me tightly, her salt water tears falling into my open wounds. I winced.

“I’m not dying,” I mumbled.

“But you could! I saw it!”

“How was it?” I asked out of pure curiosity as she released me and sullenly wrapped my bleeding arm in a rag. She glanced up at me.

“Edwin walked in and saw you not breathing and he killed himself the same way you had. You were buried together: mom, dad and son. You had roses at your funeral. I got you blue lilies because I know they’re you’re favorite. That good enough?” she mumbled.

I opened my mouth to speak, but the door busted in yet again. I looked over and saw Edwin. His once beautiful face was now all twisted with rage and despair. Now, that sounds like a weak combination, but mainly I saw that he was pissed off.

“What is your problem?!” he screamed, striding up to me before I could even think of running away. He lashed out and seized my wrist tightly to yank me up from my spot on the bed. I cried out, bawling as he put pressure on my cuts.

“Let go!” I yelped, squirming as tears fell freely down my face. His eyes didn’t soften in the least. I saw Quinn look down and saw why: Edwin was glaring at her, telling her he wanted no witnesses. When she left I wanted to drop dead rather than go through torture.

“You little bitch!” he screamed as soon as the door slammed shut. “Why the fuck would you do something so stupid?!”

“I don’t know!” I sobbed.

“Lying wench!” He shoved me back onto the bed and glared down at me. “You did it because you want to leave me! Admit it! Just say the truth: you don’t love me anymore!”

“No!” I yelled, trying to get up, but he pushed me back down and crawled on top of me, pinning my arms down with his hands and my legs were useless as he crushed them.

“Why not?” he whispered, his voice like silk as his lips kissed my neck softly. I reached out instinctively to touch his face and felt him lean towards my gently touch. His eyes looked softer at least. “Please don’t die on me.”

“I won’t,” I promised, voice only a murmur. I let him pull me into an embrace so tight that is seemed as though he thought I would vanish in five seconds if he let go.

“‘No time for goodbye,’ he said as he faded away. ‘Don't put your life in someone's hands: they're bound to steal it away. Don't hide your mistakes, because they'll find you, burn you,’” he whispered softly. I smiled weakly.

“‘This is my last time,’ she said as she faded away. ‘It's hard to imagine, but one day you'll end up like me,’” I choked, breathing deeply as he leaned closer. It got to be too much to bear, so I leaned in quickly, closing the small distance and locking our lips. He pulled me closer and I tangled my fist in his hair in a desperate attempt to make the kiss deeper. He returned the favor by crushing his body to mine.

Life is just too complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
P.S. Thanks to Juli-cat for threatening Jade. She didn't get any sleep at night because she thought you'd jump out and cut her! XD but really, I love having such amazing readers. You guys are all amazing =]