Where's My Happily Ever After?

Version One Or Version Two?

“Are we back together yet?” Edwin whispered, holding my hand tightly. I bit my lip as his thumb rubbed mine lightly. He lifted my hand to his lips and kissed it softly before trailing kisses up my arm and to my neck. He nipped at it softly, wrapping his arms around me as he crawled behind me and sat with me between his legs.

“Edwin, you took Jayden’s word over mine,” I sighed. “Do you want to know what really happened?”

“I guess so. Promise it won’t hurt me?” I nodded softly as he kissed the top of my head. “Then yes, Edwin wants,” he purred, smiling slightly.

“I know I went against your rule, but Manny just wanted me to take her home so badly and I love her, so I couldn’t say no. But after we dropped her off, he drove to some parking lot and just threw himself at me. I swear to God I didn’t kiss back! But I pushed the door open and hitchhiked home with some random stranger.”

“I’m not sure which version I like better,” he muttered. “This stranger didn’t try anything, right?” I shook my head. “Good. That means he gets to live.” I smiled slightly—I mean very slightly. It was the most energy I could muster up since I was so tired thanks to not only the vampire anorexia thing, but also because my emotions were going crazy. My thoughts were all mixed up and it wasn’t fun at all.

“Edwin, I’m so confused,” I admitted, sighing yet again. He nodded, sighing with me.

“I know. I shouldn’t have kicked you out. I should’ve listened to you. Then you wouldn’t have had to go through four months of pregnancy without someone to help you.”

“It would’ve been nice to have you there,” I lamented. He groaned. “What?”

“I’m a horrible father, Jade. I wasn’t there for you and our baby for four whole months! The one thing I couldn’t wait for, I suck horribly at.”

“You’re not a bad father.” I rolled my eyes. “Just a very stupid man.”

“Gee, thanks,” he mumbled dryly. “So you never told me if we’re back together.”

“Eddy...It’s going to take some time. I just can’t trust you. I’m sorry, but I need time.”

“I understand,” he muttered, kissing my cheek. “In that case, shall we go join Nathan and Quinn?” I nodded.

“But just out of curiosity, what would happen if I ran away?” Edwin grimaced.

“I’d hunt you down, bring you home, tie you to a chair, and never let you out of my sight ever again. Plus, I’d have Nathan and Quinn guard the doors. You’re not going anywhere, Jade. I’m sorry.”

“Just wondering. I’m sorry. Nathan just told me the same thing: I’m not leaving. He said he wouldn’t let me make you go back into that depression.”

“Ugh, I wish he hadn’t told you about that,” Edwin murmured, grabbing my hand as he pulled me to Nathan’s room.

“I don’t believe it,” I admitted. “You don’t need me.”

“Yes, Jade, I do,” he purred, winking. I rolled my eyes and he shrugged, opening Nathan’s door. All of a sudden Edwin’s ears twitched, he pushed me to the floor and pinned me there, and there was the sound of glass shattering against the wall behind us.