Where's My Happily Ever After?

Disclaimer: Keep Away From Children

"I can't believe you, Nathaniel!" Quinn screamed at the top of her lungs, throwing a shoe at Nathan's head. He ducked, but she just kept throwing things at him. Ed and I stared through wide eyes from our spot on the floor.

"I'm sorry, Samantha! I really am! I didn't mean to!" Nathan apologized, protecting himself from the miscellaneous junk Quinn was chucking at him.

"Don't call me that!" she hissed. She collapsed to the floor, crying. I was shocked and I could tell Nathan was, too. Quinn never cried! She pulled out a cigarette and lit it, but Nathan snatched it out of her hand.

"Quinn, no. You're not getting addicted to that shit again—especially not since...yeah." Quinn started bawling louder and Nathan picked her up, holding her close to him. "It'll be okay, I promise. I love you." She buried her face in his chest.

"I love you, too," she mumbled into his chest. Edwin coughed and their heads snapped over to us. I smiled slightly as Edwin got off of me and helped me up.

"What's going on and why is there a shattered lamp in the hallway?" Edwin asked. Quinn looked away.

"I...I got Quinn pregnant," Nathan muttered, looking only at the trembling girl in his arms. Edwin stumbled for words and I just gawked at them. Quinn wasn't cut out to be a mother: she downright hated kids!

She should come with that tag that says "Warning: keep away from small children!"

"Why the Hell would you do that?!" I demanded, glowering at him. It took a whole damn lot to upset Quinn to the point of crying and yet he had managed to do it so easily.

"I didn't mean to! It was an accident, I swear. I don't even want a kid!"

Oh, so the kid was going to be thrown into a dumpster? Lovely!

I opened my mouth to yell at him some more, but Edwin seized my hand tightly and shook his head. I made a face at him, but looked at my feet, shutting up like he'd commanded.

Did he still control me? Obviously...

"Just get an abortion," Edwin muttered. "I don't see the big deal." I glared at him. How could he say that?

"No!" Quinn and I both yelled at the same time. She glanced at me before smiling slightly. "I'm pro-life, buddy. I was raised Christian, not a baby killer!"

"Put it up for adoption."

"Shut up!" I hissed, glaring. Quinn started crying again.

"I wouldn't put my own child through that! It's not fun not knowing who the Hell your parents are! Plus, if she ended up with a family who doesn't care if she dies...Edwin, you're an insensitive ass!" Quinn informed him, bawling her eyes out as Nathan held her, casting a glower at Edwin. He raised his arms in surrender.

"Then just have the stupid thing. Maybe then little Lazarus will have someone to play with."

"Uh, Lazarus?" I questioned.

"Yeah: our kid. Forgetting about the baby, are we?"

"No," I growled through clenched teeth. "I just wasn't aware we'd decided on a name."

"Oh, I get to name him. You've had more time with him so it's only fair."

Oh, Edwin, you did not just say that!