Where's My Happily Ever After?

He's More Mine Than He's Yours

"Oh, God, Edwin," Quinn muttered.

"What does that mean?" he asked, genuinely confused.

"How dare you say that to me?" I demanded, glaring at Edwin. "I'm the one putting up with being pregnant! Let's see you do that and not feel like crawling into a hole and dying! I've been putting up with this, so I get to name him!"

"Hell, no! You'll pick something stupid like Alessandro or Noah or Logan!" He grabbed my upper arm roughly, eyes boring into me.

"You were eavesdropping on my thoughts, weren't you?" I accused him, picturing myself strangling him! "You're such an asshole!" I tore myself from his grip and walked across the hall and into our room, slamming the door.

"Oh, I don't think so," Edwin told me, suddenly grabbing me from behind and pulling me to him possessively. I didn't felt safe at all. "You're not just walking away from me, darling." There was a hiss in his voice and I took in a deep breath.

"Edwin, let go of me," I commanded, though I'm sure I sounded more like a beggar.

"If I don't?" he whispered on my neck. Chills went up my spine, but they weren't good chills. I felt like I was going to throw up.

Oh, God, I really was going to vomit!

I tore myself from him yet again and ran to the bathroom, leaning over the toilet and throwing up my insides. I head Edwin make a disgusted noise, but I ignored it, only able to focus on the horrible burning sensation in my throat. I started bawling my eyes out. I didn't want to do this anymore. I stood up carefully and walked out to him.

"I want an abortion." Edwin's eyes went wide before narrowing. He lashed out and grabbed my arm even more tightly.

"Sure, when Hell freezes over," he sneered, glowering at me. "You're not killing my child!"

"You killed Gage's! You're being a hypocrite."

"Here's the thing, Jade: I don't fucking care! You're not killing my son and that's it!"

"He's more my son than yours!" I screamed at him. Edwin's lip quivered and he had never looked more irritated than he did at that moment. A pang of guilt went through me as well as fear, but I tried to stand firm.

"He is not! He's my fucking kid no matter what you say! And you're my fucking bitch and I own you, Jade, so get over it!"

"I'm not—You shut up! I hate you!"

"No, you don't. You love me, remember? I kicked you out on your ass and you missed me so much, Jade. You were trying to die you just didn't want to kill my baby. You missed everything about me," he mocked. I felt a tear run down my cheek. I bit my lip as it started to quiver.

"I hope your son dies in my stomach before he even gets one breath of life!" I screamed, not even thinking before I spoke. I was just so mad and it was the only thing I knew that would make him mad. But I think it made him too mad. His face got all twisted up and I cringed away, but he held onto my arm tight.

"You fucking whore!"

There was a stinging on my face and I stared at Edwin as my eyes watered. His eyes didn't soften even as he stared down at his hand that was probably stinging, too. He smirked.

"Edwin..." I choked. "You hit me."

"And it felt pretty damn good, too." He seemed to think for a minute. "You know, you tasted really good as a human, but I bed your blood tastes absolutely divine right now. You're a vampire and not to mention you're carrying a child."

"Eddie, no," I begged, trying to tug my arm free from his grip. He shook his head, that sadistic look in his eye.

I couldn't have screamed loud enough when he knocked me to the wall and bit down on my neck as hard as he could. I tried to claw him off as I cried, but I felt myself giving in to the unconsciousness I was fighting. I didn't have much blood to begin with, but he was taking all I had.

The last thing I remember was the sound of so many tears crashing to the floor. They couldn’t possibly be all mine, could they?