Where's My Happily Ever After?

Outtalking A Screaming Weasel

When I woke up, I was sitting with my back against the wall. Obviously Edwin hadn't even moved me after he'd finished sucking me dry. I had a massive headache and tears were still on my cheeks. I wiped them away carefully and looked around through blurry eyes as I tried to find Edwin. Surely he hadn't left me all alone, had he?

But he had! A surge of hope shot through me and I used the wall to help me up and keep me on my feet. I felt incredibly dizzy and the world almost seemed to be spinning around me, but I didn't care as I inched myself to the window. I could hardly lift up the glass and it took all the strength I could muster, but I managed to ease up the glass pane and step onto the window's ledge. It was only a two-story drop. I could surely make that, couldn't I? I could almost picture myself jumping…

"Don't count on it," someone muttered. In a last attempt to rid myself of Edwin and his vile home, I scrambled to jump, not caring if I'd end up splattered on the pavement below. But a pair of arms restrained me at the last second and pulled me back onto the floor.

"Let go of me!" I demanded, fidgeting as much as I could. It didn't take long for my body to tire and I went limp in Edwin's strong—but not comforting—arms.

"That's a good girl," he muttered, lips on my neck. My body went rigid as a quick jolt of fear flowed through my veins, but I relaxed a little when his lips left my skin. "Why must you be so…Jade?"

"It's who I am. Take it or leave it. Better yet, leave it!" I hissed, moving my hands to my tummy as I tried to calm down the fussing child inside.

"I don't think so, love. You'll be spending quite a few eternities with me."

"I'll be damned if I spend another minute with you," I snapped, trying yet again to pry his hands off of me. I panted for breaths as I used up all of my energy.

"Babe, I don't believe you're going anywhere in that condition," Edwin mocked, laughing. "If anything you should be thankful that I didn't kill you. It would've been easy enough and I have to say I like how calm you are when you're unconscious."

"You say you could have killed me," I started, allowing a small smirk to grace my lips. "You say this and yet if you kill me, you can say good-bye to your precious baby boy, too." I glowered at him as I sneered. He smiled that smile I hated.

"Yes, and that is why you're sticking around. Lazarus will have a daddy and mommy who love him very much. And his mommy will never leave daddy because daddy would die without her. Mommy has to stick by my side, got it? I swear if you so much as step foot off of this property, I'll have fun making it so you'll never walk again." He twirled me around in his arms and pressed my chest against his as he held me so tightly. I would have liked to say that it was amorous and that I could tell he was sorry for hitting me, but I'd be lying. The "embrace", if you can call it that, was more possessive and controlling than anything. It wasn't like he was afraid I'd vanish if he let go. It was more like he thought it was stupid to even imagine me leaving. It makes sense to me and if you don't get it: too bad. I have other problems to deal with.

"Edwin," I mumbled, burying my face in his shoulder.

"What?" he snapped. I cringed slightly. I remember when I used to call his name and he would say, "Hmm?" in such a cute way, but now he seemed irritated with my voice.

"This was over from the start," I whispered in his ear, not letting the tears in my eyes fall. He shook his head.

"No, it wasn't. Jade, I do love you, but you're so insufferable." Was that supposed to make me feel better? "Maybe it's just the hormones, but you need to learn to shut up every now and then. God, I swear it's like trying to talk over a screaming weasel!"

"I'm not a screaming weasel!" I screamed at him, pulling away to let him see me glaring at him. "I fucking hate you, Eddie."

"Oh, let's not let the baby hear that, my love," he muttered. "Speaking of that, I do believe I'd like to show my parents my future bride and child."

"I'm not marrying you."

"I'm not giving you a choice," he growled through clenched teeth, tugging me over to the bed and pushing me down on it. I sat up and watched as he grabbed a suitcase.

"Just how long are we staying?" I asked softly, afraid to make him mad and hit me again. He smirked, laughing.

"Oh? No argument?" he commented. "Well, it depends how long I want to stay."

You know, some things really make you wonder about what the Hell love is. And the one thing that comes to mind for me is how do you love a bastard named Edwin-Riku Kaiser?

And one more thing: why do potato chips come in a bag that's half empty? Is the point to make you feel better since you won't eat as much when you say, "I ate the whole bag"? Hmm, maybe I need to stop thinking. Oh well, those are just some more thoughts of the most miserable girl who will soon be the most miserable Mrs. Edwin Kaiser.