Where's My Happily Ever After?

I'm Broken Without Her

Edwin’s P.O.V.
I was sitting in my bedroom just lying in bed as Escape the Fate played softly. I couldn’t get Jade out of my head. It’d been months since I had last talked to her, held her, or even saw her beautiful face! But why had she cheated on me? I thought she loved me...

“Hey, Edwin, got any plans for today?” Nathan asked, knocking on my door only once before walking in.

“Yeah. I’m going to lie here,” I mumbled.

“No. We’re going out. Quinn’s at a friend’s house, so we’re going out.”

“I’m staying here. You do whatever you want. Life isn’t worth living anymore.” And it wasn’t. What’s the point of living when your reason for living was long gone?

“Shut up, lover boy. You’re coming!” He walked over and grabbed my arm, tugging on it.

“Ow! Stop that!” I was weak. I mean really weak. I had only drunk a drop of blood this whole month. I didn’t have any energy to spare. Nevertheless, Nathaniel refused to stop. “Just leave me be: I’m broken without her! Can’t you see that?”

Nathan rolled his eyes and pulled me out of bed and down the stairs. I really just wanted to stay in bed and slowly dissolve or maybe decay into the bed sheets. They still smelled like Jade...

“We’re going to have fun. You haven’t been out in so long and you need to. Maybe we’ll meet a chick for you to take home and fuck.”

“I don’t want that!” I yelled, pulling my arm away from him. “I don’t want to be a manwhore! All I fucking want is Jade! Is that so much to ask?” I was almost crying. Me: crying! Men don’t cry.

“Then get her back!”

“She doesn’t want me!”

Yeah, so I lied to him. I told him she walked out on me again, not “I dumped her on her ass”. It seemed better to say she doesn’t love me anymore.

“You never know,” he murmured. I rolled my eyes as he pulled me to the car.

The ride was insufferable. Is every song out there today about heartbreak? Because it sure as Hell seems that way! I leaned my head on the window, wanting to sleep; to dream. Maybe then I’d see her face again...

“Get up. We’re here.” He pulled me out of the car and inside the huge building.

“The mall? Why?” I complained. I didn’t want to be here. It was a waste of time. I could be home inhaling the scent of my beloved.

“You needed to get out of the house.” But he wasn’t looking at me. He was looking forward. I glanced up and saw Quinn walking towards us, smiling and laughing with her friend. Her friend...

She was so pale: much paler than usual. I had no doubt that she had probably drunk just about as much blood as I had. She looked so worn out, like walking was enough to kill her. She had never looked more fragile. And even though she looked so close to death, she still looked so beautiful to me. She met my gaze and I saw her eyes widen a little, but I knew it must take so much energy for that little expression.

My Jade...