Where's My Happily Ever After?

Hallucinations Not Brought On By LSD

Edwin’s P.O.V.
“Just leave me the fuck alone, Nathan! She’s probably busy fucking that pretty boy about now! Just leave!” I begged, shoving my friend away.

“No! I’m not going to let you screw this up again!” he argued, pushing me back. I growled at him as my back smacked into the wall of the bar.

I just wanted to go inside, get drunk, and then—if I played my cards right—get laid. Was that so much to ask for? I could be a whore like Jade. Let’s see how she liked it when I stabbed her heart!

“She’s the one who screwed with me first—by screwing with Jasper! I saw it! She just went and made out with him like there was no bloody tomorrow! Know what? When I get home she is getting such a beating!”

“Edwin, you don’t know what you’re saying,” Nathan sighed, letting go of me. I brushed off my shirt.

“Oh? How do you think I got her to say yes to my proposal?” I couldn’t help but smile when I thought about that cute look of pure terror. I felt a pang of sadness and betrayal, though, because then I pictured her and Jasper... “It took awhile, but I knocked some sense into that bimbo head of hers.”

“Edwin! I don’t see why she stays with you! You can’t beat her like that! Just how is that a good relationship? You two can’t keep doing this.”

“It’s not all perfect for all of us, Nathan!”

“What are you saying?” I knew I would regret this, but I was pissed off.

“Quinn loved you from the start! Jade fucking dumped me after she’d taken my heart! You and Quinn haven’t fought once. Plus, you got a kid after Jade and I tried forever. Not only that, but it ruined our relationship! Oh, and you and Quinn have never broke up. You don’t get what I’m going through! You have it easy!”

Nathan shoved me to the wall suddenly, baring his teeth at me. I knew I hit a mark, but I didn’t care.

“You think I had it easy? Let’s see you live a nice life after seeing your parents murdered! Know what? Fine. I hope she kicks your ass to the curb!”

Nathan shoved me away and stormed off. I cursed under my breath when he yanked Jasper out of a bush. That little dipstick had the nerve to spy on me? No, I didn’t care! I hoped he went home to Jade. Let him have to deal with her constant whining!

I watched as Nathan and him went separate ways. Jasper glanced back at me once before darting off, a smirk on his face. I growled after him, but threw the door of the bar open.

I met a nice girl. She was a blonde. And she certainly looked like she’d been around the block a few times, so I took her outside. We would go to her apartment, as she kindly offered. When I was done, she was dead.

So we got to her bedroom and I shoved her to the wall, kissing her everywhere to find what made her tick. She was as easy as they came.

Maybe even easier than Jade.

Jade...

All of a sudden I didn’t see the random slut. I saw Jade mumbling that she loved me, over and over. I smiled softly, kissing her deeply. I love you so much, baby. We can put this behind us.

Oh God, what am I doing? I shouldn’t be here! I should be at home with Jade and my kids.

I shoved her off, suddenly dashing out of the room. My shirt was ripped open except for one little button and my pants were just barely clinging to my form, but I didn’t care. My hair was tousled from the foreplay, but I just needed to get back to Jade before that little asshole ex of hers ruined everything.

There was a sudden pain in my long-since dead heart, but why? I clutched at it, not liking how painful it was to breathe. I stopped taking breaths, but the pain in my chest only grew!

Please tell me this is all some sick, twisted joke...

Jade!

I raced home even quicker than I already was, but part of me didn’t want to get there. I hated to think about what would be waiting for me at Quinn’s house.