Where's My Happily Ever After?

Anorexia Vampirosa

I woke up feeling warm and there was something heavenly about waking up. I rolled over and breathed in deeply. The scent made me feel so safe. I pulled it closer, burying my face in it. I felt warmth on my back. It was cold warmth, but it was welcomed by me. I opened my eyes to see black. All black.

Trying to stay calm, I pulled slightly back to look up. I saw Edwin’s face. I had missed waking up beside that. And for once he was wearing a shirt!

Still, he was sleeping. Vampires don’t sleep unless they’re acting more like humans, so...

He’d been starving himself. I could tell. He looked so pale and he was out cold. I was in his arms, but I knew he shouldn’t be sleeping. Had he been trying to kill himself? I knew I had been trying to, but I always felt guilty about killing an unborn baby.

I tried to ignore it. I pressed my body against his, wanting to be close to him again. He didn’t stir at all, but his arms tightened around me. I cried silently. This was just going to hurt me when I had the baby and he kicked me out.

Screw consequences. I was going to enjoy the time I had and pay the price later. I didn’t care what it did to me as long as I had him for the time being, even if he only wanted me so he could be a dad.

His eyes opened slowly and there was a warm smile on his lips as well as a dazed look in his eyes. He seemed to remember something and he pulled back to look at how disgustingly fat I was. He had never looked happier than he did at that moment.

“Two months to go,” he whispered to anyone who cared to listen. Or maybe he was talking to his baby. Either way, I nodded gently. Edwin continued to smile, but not at me. His hands moved to my belly as he caressed it. “Can I listen?”

Did he honestly think I could say no to that face?

“Yeah.” I sat up and lifted my shirt just enough as to expose my huge stomach. He didn’t seem to care about how hideous I was as he pressed his lips to my tummy, leaving a soft kiss. It sent chills down my spine, but I waited silently as he whispered sweet nothings to his unborn child.

“So what do we name him?” he asked me, fixing my shirt and sitting beside me after he was done. I shrugged.

“I’m not sure,” I admitted. “I hadn’t really been thinking about it.”

He gave me a look that seemed to be asking if I was insane. He sighed, probably tired from his vampire anorexia.

“It’s alright. We’ll name him later.”

“Yeah,” I muttered. It was bothering me: I just had to know. “So when did you decide you wanted to die?”

He glared at me, but it probably took all of the strength he had. “Oh, probably around the same time you did.”

“Aren’t you clever? At least I’ve been drinking it once every two weeks; at least I don’t have Anorexia Vampirosa! When was the last time there was a drop of blood on your lips? ”

His perfect, perfect lips...

He smiled wryly. “Oh, about a month ago. But it’s not so bad that I do it compared to you doing it—if you die then so does the baby!”

“That’s why I’m being careful!” I yelled at him.

“Calm down, moody woman,” he growled.

“I’m pregnant! It’s not my fault!”

The arguing would’ve gone on forever if the baby hadn’t started throwing a fit. I cried out, grabbing Edwin’s hand again. He owed me that much at least. His eyes immediately softened as he squeezed my hand lightly. I cried silently, but my little Hell raiser soon calmed down.

“I’m sorry,” we both mumbled, smiling gently.

So put your hands in the air if you don’t want to be in love...