Where's My Happily Ever After?

Of Penguin Brethren

I waddled down the stairs, Edwin tailing me and watching me like a hawk. I felt a bit self-conscious to be entirely honest. He was walking and I was wobbling like a fucking penguin for crying out loud!

And for a split second, I thought about dropping onto my stomach and sliding down the stairs like my penguin brethren!

“Uh, no,” Edwin muttered, having read my thoughts. I sighed. Someday I would swim in the Arctic Ocean and get eaten by a killer whale... Someday.

Edwin sighed, irritated, but I ignored him. I just continued on my trek down the stairs. It probably took me around thirty minutes just to get to the bottom!

“Your house isn’t knocked-up-vampire friendly,” I whined, carefully continuing on.

“Sorry I didn’t have ‘Oh, what about a pregnant woman?’ on my mind when I bought this place,” he muttered dryly, trying to act uninterested. But out of the corner of my eye I saw him still watching me, ready to leap at me and save me from tumbling down the stairs like a discarded sack of potatoes.

Movie title: Like a sack of potatoes. Oh my God, it’s the story of my life!

Edwin ignored my rambling, probably learning his lesson from my penguin homesickness.

After what seemed like forever and a few dozen false alarms of tripping, we finally got down. Edwin allowed himself to relax.

“Next time I’m carrying you,” he mumbled. I rolled my eyes.

“I’m not totally helpless.” I waddled to the couch. He tried to help me sit. “And I can do things by myself,” I snapped. He ignored me and sat down, pulling me gently down beside him. I growled, but he silently put his arm around my shoulder, turning on the TV. Despite everything, I allowed myself to rest my head against his shoulder.

“I know you can, but you’re the mother of my child and I’m not about to risk letting you or my son get hurt,” he muttered, glancing sideways at me. I met his gaze and he looked away.

“Why do you even care?” I mumbled, confused. “You hate me. Why would you want anything to do with me and this bastard child?”

“My son is not a bastard child!” he hissed, glowering at me. “He has a mom and dad who love him very much, understand?!” I nodded, slightly scared. He wouldn’t hit a pregnant woman, would he? “And I don’t hate you, Jade.”

“You told me you never wanted to see my whoring ass ever again. You aren’t so fond of me as I see it,” I pointed out. He looked away.

“I don’t want to talk about this right now.”

“Then when will we talk about it? I can’t stay here with you my whole life! You’ll find some girl and it’ll confuse the baby,” I informed him.

He smiled, but it was that creepy smile I had always hated. I hadn’t exactly missed that.

“It doesn’t matter. You and my son are staying here. You’re not going anywhere, Jade. And as for other girls, I don’t need them. After all, I have you to be my fuck-buddy. After you have the baby, of course.”

Oh Hell no. This boy was off his rocker!

“I’m not staying!”

“You don’t even want to go!”

“I know that, but—” Tears welled up in my eyes and I stood up quickly after throwing his arm off of me “—I can’t do this!”

I ran as fast as I could considering my “condition”. Edwin tried to follow me, but I slammed the bathroom door shut, sliding down to the floor against it as I cried my eyes out.

He’d completely reverted back to how he was before. And that truly broke my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't forget to comment and subscribe (if you haven't already). And today's comment of the day: "I swear to God, if he leaves after that baby is born I will write my own fiction just so I can kill him!" XD Juli-Cat, that seriously made me laugh! So congratulations, I updated again just because of that =]