Makayla's World

Makayla's World - Page Four

A while later when we were about halfway through one of the rooms I signed for everyone to stop.

"What is it?" Keito whispered, and I knew that if I wouldn't have read the question from her mind, I wouldn't have heard her.

"Birds." I replied, quickly getting ready to fight.

The twins turned into wolfs, and as soon as you could hear the flapping of wings Keito curled up into a ball on the floor. In any other circumstance I would probably kick her or at least yell at her a little bit, but now wasn't the time for that.
The small flock of birds were easily defeated by us, and one by one the birds went up in flames, and one of the twins told Keito that it was okay now, the birds were dead. I picked up my throwing knifes I has used and sighed. I loved my weapons, but polishing them was a major pain.

"What happened?" Keito asked, walking up to me.

"Just a few birds spying on us, so we killed them." I said in an ordinary tone.

"How did you kill them?" Keito asked and I sighed mentally, pushing the irritation away.

"How you kill everyone else, except you have to be pretty fast or they might be able to use their magic." I said as I put my knifes away, then scanned the area for more birds.

"Magic? And where did the bodies go?"

Okay, now she's starting to annoy me.

"Yes, they're wizards so they can use magic and when they die they burn up because they are so evil they get sent straight to hell." I said quickly then walked off. Annoying girl with her annoying questions!

We didn't speak much the following something rooms, as we all were on edge in case more birds would attack.

"Makaaayla?" the twins sung out suddenly and I cursed in my head.

"What?!" I replied irritated. Gosh, I swear to god, if those twins don't stop with their annoying little things they do I will have to kill them!

"Earlier when those birds showed up, where did the knives you threw come from?" they asked.

"None of your business." I said calmly, trying to hide the fact that I was about to send them flying if they didn't stop it soon.

"Why not? Why not? Why not?" they sang out.

Okay, that's enough from the two of you. I quickly punched the both of them, sending them flying backwards and then land on top on one of another. I quickly walked ahead, wanting to completely crush those two annoying sons of a... But, I didn't, as I would probably need them to help me kill Washi.

The twins stayed out of my way after that, but Keito joined me, and after a while when the twins were deep in conversation Keito asked me the question I knew she had wanted to ask me a long time.

"So, what is your story? If you don't mind me asking."

"Washi killed my family, that's all you need to know." I told her after a while.

"Alright, but if you ever want to talk about it, I'll gladly listen." she said and I felt a smile play on my lips. I knew my eyes had turned slightly blue at her kind words.

"Keito!!" the twins yelled, and I mentally groaned. What the hell now?! The twins were running up to us in their wolf forms. If they think I won't beat them up just 'cause they are wolfs, they are wrong.

"What is it?!" Keito asked, worried that more birds were attacking.

"There's a boy up there watching us!" they told us, turning humans and pointing up to the ledges.

"What did he look like?" I asked quickly.

"Black hair, you teen and wearing some sort of black cloak, disappeared pretty much the second we saw him.

I lost interest at 'young teen', because none of the birds are young teens. But Keito couldn't let it go. Stupid curious kid, has she never heard the saying 'curiosity killed the cat'?

But as we continued to walk both Keito and the twins saw this boy, and at one point I saw him as well. I tried to read his mind to figure out what side he was on, but the second I saw him, he disappeared. Damn it, show yourself you fucking coward! Or I will beat you senseless!
This boy made the twins and Keito nervous, but he was just pissing me off.

After a while we reached the end of the room when the ground shook. I was almost knocked to the ground, but managed to regain my balance, and was ready for another quake. But, despite my preparations, I fell forward when the ground shook once more. I decided to stay on the ground until the earthquake was over and once it was, I looked up to see that the twins were gone. Good riddance!

"Do you think the quakes have stopped?" Keito asked me, clearly shaken by what just happened.

"For our sake I hope so." I replied and got to my feet quickly, looking over where I last saw the twins. There was a large crack in the ground, and I guess the twins fell into it.

"Can you tell where they've gone?" Keito asked.

"No idea, they were here and then.. Nothing. It's very odd." I said, and then headed towards my place.

"Um, where are you going?" Keito asked. Geesh, does she ever shut up?

"I need more weapons. Are you coming, or will I have to find you later?"

"I'm coming!" Keito replied and hurried after me.

Once we reached my place I started to collect as many weapons as I could carry without it being too heavy.

"Um, why don't you have any guns?" Keito asked and I stopped what I was doing and just looked at her.

"What the fuck is a gun?" I asked.

"Um, never mind, just a weapon from Earth, obviously you don't have it here."

I just shrugged, then continued to pack as many weapons as possible. I grabbed my favorite weapon, a huge sword, and strapped it to my back. When I was done I gave Keito a couple of small knives.
When I had locked up my room we started walking again, me showing the way as Keito was disoriented.

"So, why all the weapons?" she asked after a while.

"I have a feeling there will be lots of birds turning up soon." I muttered.

After that, Keito started to hallucinate, seeing birds everywhere. It was really starting to piss me off, big time.

"Are you afraid of those stupid birds?" I asked the millionth time she jumped at a bird shaped rock.

"Um, not these birds in particular.. All birds.. Ever since I was little." Keito rambled, seemingly stressed.

"Apparently you can link all fears to something that happened in your childhood." I don't know why I said it, I guess I just wanted to say something.

"Well, my family was cursed by birds and I nearly was too, so that wouldn't surprise me." she said. "I'm surprised you're not afraid of birds."

I stopped and turned to her, glaring.

"But I'm not!" I said furious, then turned to continue walking. A few hours later I stopped and looked at Keito. "Do you really want to know what happened?"

Keito nodded and I began to tell the story about what happened when I was playing hide and seek with my sibling, how I witnessed the brutal murders of my siblings, how I heard my mom beg for her life.. How I was too afraid, too weak to help. How I, after two hours of hiding in the closet finally managed to move, only to find that my parents had been brutally murdered too. How I met Washi as I ran out, calling for help. How Washi told me that it was Keito who had ordered the murders of my family.

"So that's why you attacked me." Keito said, obviously glad to finally know why I attacked her the first time we met.

"i €asked him why he was an eagle too. Said it was a curse, then he said that he'd help me bury my family and move on with my life, but I don't really remember much after that."

"I know sorry doesn't quite cut it in these situations, but I am so sorry.."

After that we didn't speak much, but I knew that the both of us felt a bit closer to one another friendship wise. Keito was the only one I've told this too, except for Washi, and I knew that I could trust her.
Then again, if she betrayed me I could just erase her memories if I don't kill her...
♠ ♠ ♠
Long chapter, hoping that Ruki will be happy now x3