Status: Hiatus; sorry guys. :(

Next Time You Point a Finger, I'll Point You to the Mirror

Guitar Hero and Kisses

“Dang It, Alex! That’s no fair.” I whined as Alex and I finished our song on ‘Guitar Hero III.’ He had beaten me for the fifth time in a row.

“Not my fault you suck at Guitar Hero.” He said as we took the guitars off and placed them back next the TV.

“Do not.” I defended as I shut the Wii off.

“Do, too.” Alex retorted. I rolled my eyes and turned away from him.

“Do not.” I muttered.

“Do too.” I jumped. Alex was right behind me, I could feel his breath on my neck. Alex chuckled.

“Do not. I murmured as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Do. Too.” Alex whispered in my ear. I turned to face Alex and glared at him. He glared and put his hands on his hips. Alex and I looked into each other’s eyes and my glare softened. We were standing mere inches from each other and the space seemed to be getting smaller. I uncrossed my arms and bit my bottom lip as Alex’s face got closer.

“Since when do you bite your lip?” Lex asked against my lips in a whisper.

“Since I got nervous.” I said breathless. This was finally happening, I was going to kiss Lex. Alex pressed his lips to mine, they were soft and warm. My eyes slid shut as I kissed Alex back just as gently has he had me. Our kiss was gentle and sweet, way better then when I kissed Eli. lie Alex pulled me closer to him as he deepened the kiss. His tongue traced my bottom lip, asking for entrance, which I gladly granted. His tongue roamed my mouth as if he were memorizing it. I pulled back a bit and we exchanged soft pecks.

"Kahne?" Alex and I immediately separated and looked towards the hallway. Drake was standing in the doorway, shocked look spread across his face. My cheeks felt like they were on fire, as I nervously scratched the back of my neck. Drake smirked, leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Were you two doing what I think you were doing?" He asked, chuckling. Lex and I just looked at each other, nervous expressions on our faces.

"No, I have no idea what you're talking about." Alex said as I walked over to the couch and sat next to the arm.

"Uh huh.." Drake said, suspicion in his face. "Just remember, I know everything and I will figure out -" He pointed between Alex and I. "- this." Alex rolled his eyes and sat on the other side of the couch.

"Whatever, man." Alex picked up the remote and turned the TV back to the satellite channel. I bit my lip and just stared at eh TV> Alex and I had just kissed. It's not like I didn't want it to happen; because I did. It was just awkward because we got caught.

"Guppy..." I turned my head to face Alex.

"Huh?" I asked. Alex motioned for me to sit next to him. I slowly slid over to him and laid my head on his shoulder. Lex put his arm around my waist and intertwined our fingers. I smiled up at Lex and he smiled down at me. We didn't need to say it, we both knew what was happening. Alex kissed my forehead, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach, and pulled me into his side more.

"Awwe! Ain't it cute, Kay?" I grimaced and buried my face into Lex's shoulder.

"Awe! Drake, I told you they would!" Kaylin exclaimed happily. Alex chuckled and kissed the top of my head again.

"Stupid Drake and Kaylin." I muttered into his t-shirt. Alex started laughing again and I could just picture the confused looks that were on Drake and Kaylin's faces.

"Go away!" Alex whined as his body shifted slightly.

"Watch it, Kahne!" Drake yelled as a pillow hit my side.

"Oww." I turned my head to face Drake only to face him with Kaylin on his back. "When did Drake get so nice?" I asked rhetorically. He just shrugged and carried Kaylin away. I rolled my eyes and leaned on Lex again.

"Hey Guppy?" Alex more asked then said, a couple minutes after Drake and Kaylin left the room.

"Huh?" I asked not really paying attention. Alex's free hand cupped my cheek and slowly pulled my face to look up at him.

'Will you be my -"

"KAITYNN JAE!" Dad just had to ruin the moment. Alex let go of me and kissed my cheek. I slowly rose from the couch and headed towards my father's room.

"Yes?" I asked rather blunt.

"Don't lip." He said as he pionted at me. I rose my hands as if saying, "sorry, won't happen again."

"Anyway... uh, I gotta go back to work. Don't leave the house, Drake's in charge. I’ll be back sometime." He grabbed his gun belt off his dresser and kissed my forehead. "Love you, Princess."

"Love you, daddy." He gave me a big hug and then he left. Slowly, I made y way back to the living room. Alex had shifted so his back was against the arm of the couch and his legs were on the couch. I sat on the edge, facing Lex. He smiled softly and I half heartedly smiled back. Alex gave me a questioning look before he grabbed my hands and pulled me so I was sitting in-between his legs, my back against his chest. Alex grabbed my hands and intertwined our fingers as he wrapped our arms around my waist.

"What's wrong?" He asked as He laid his head on my shoulder. I laid my head back and started taking deep breathes. This is what I hate about my father's job, he risked his life too much.

"Nothing." I lied. I put my forehead on his neck and closed my eyes.

"Kaitlynn Jae, we both know that is a lie." Alex lifted his head, causing me to open my eyes and look at him. "Baby, what's wrong?" The worry in his voice wasn't as evident as confusion or care.

"Dad's going out on a call." My voice barely over a whisper.

"What's wrong with that? He always goes on calls." Alex said confused. I looked down at our hands as I fiddled with his fingers.

"That's not the point." I snapped. "Sorry, I just hate how everything is getting. He never had to take his gun to work when I was little. Now he's always on calls where he HAS to have his gun, he has to be extremely careful or else he'll come home in a body bag." I shifted so my back as partially against the back of the couch.

"Alex..." I looked at him, he was watching intently. "...I'm just afraid he'll have to go out on a call and that be the last time I see him." Just the mere thought of losing my dad now was painful. Tears filled my eyes slightly as I looked up to Alex's eyes. If I'd been able to tell what was in his eyes, I'd of probably calmed down sooner.

Alex Let go of my hands and pulled me into his chest.

"It'll be okay, sweetie. I promise he'll be fine." He reassured me. I just nodded my head and hugged him tightly. "Guppy, you shouldn't worry so much." He said after a minute of two.

I giggled. "I know, dad tells me that all the time."

"Dork." Alex joked as he kissed my cheek.

"But I'm your dork." I interjected as I sat up to face him.

"Who said you're mine?" Alex cocked an eyebrow and gave me a playful glare. I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Are you saying you don't want me?" I asked jokingly.

"Maybe." he teased back.

"Jerk." I smacked his chest. Alex grabbed my hands and pulled me towards him. He placed his forehead on mine and held me there.

"I'll always want you." He said softly . My heart practically melted. Alex softly kissed my lips and I kissed him back. When we parted for air, our heads were together again and I said that last thing I thought I'd say to him in a long time.

"I love you." I bit my lip and mentally slapped myself, but Alex didn’t do what I thought he'd do. Instead of rejecting me, he simply smiled and kissed my nose.

"I love you, too, Guppy."
♠ ♠ ♠
OH my.. I'm sorry it's taken my forever!
I've been busy with classes and band.. and drama started last week. It helped me want to type this chapter up. I've also been having really bad writers blocks but I have a solution. I've been making these outfits on www.polyvore.com and it's heloing me. :D

Kaitie's Outfit

I'd like to Thank...
Bella_cj_cullen and KayyCeeee
They Comment after EVERY chapter. :D and This ones for you guys. Hope you like it!

♥kate