Status: Hiatus; sorry guys. :(

Next Time You Point a Finger, I'll Point You to the Mirror

Prom And Without A Little Faith

Kaitie's POV

"Are you sure you don't want an up-do?" Autumn asked as she finished the last curl.

"I like it down. Besides, it'll look gorgeous because you did it." We chuckled and Autumn patted y shoulder.

"It's done." I smiled and ran to the bathroom to check it out. I looked great. My make-up was just a thin line of black eyeliner, some shimmer eyeshadow, a little blush and lip gloss. I grinned again and ran back down stairs and hugged Autumn.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squealed, basically squeezing the life out of her.

"Can't breathe, but - you're - welcome." She managed. I quickly let her go and took a step back. "Your dad will be home in a couple minutes. You might want to get your dress on." I nodded and walked up the stairs to my bedroom. I couldn't wait for Dad and Alex to see me in it. It was long, a deep blue color and absolutely beautiful.

Hurriedly, I stripped of my shirt and shorts and pulled my dress on, and slipping my shoes on. I fixed my make-up and looked myself over; I just hoped Alex liked it on me.

"Kaitlynn!" Dad yelled as I slid my hands down the beautiful gown. I shook my head as I chuckled at my father's childish antics and walked towards the stairs. Slowly, I descended down them, taking each step carefully, just to make sure I did not kill myself. Drake, Alex and Autumn were standing at the bottom, Autumn with my camera, and Alex and Drake smiling up at me.

"You look beautiful, chicky." Autumn exclaimed as I took the last step.

"Thanks." I turned towards the living room and found a petite red head standing there.

"MOM!?" The woman turned around and sure enough, there she was, in all her glory.

"Oh, baby girl!" She shrieked, excitedly, as she hugged me. She pushed me out at arms length, smiling and examining the dress. "Ooooh, you look beautiful!" Then she look behind me, "not a bad choice either." She winked, making me laugh.

She and dad went on to talk about if he was feeding me enough, I hadn't changed appearance wise much. I just lost maybe five pounds. Then Autumn took pictures of us kids, and well the least you can say it that it was entertaining.

Alex and I were standing out front in front of the wood fence, Drake trying to give him advice.

"Put your arm around her." He smirked.

"I'm not stupid, Drake. I know what to do." Alex commented. He put his arm around my waist and we posed for the twelfth or so picture.

"Awe." SMACK!

"OW!" My dad yelled. "What the hell was that for?"

"What the hell?" I asked, puzzled as to why my mom smacked him.

"Watch your mouth." Mom and Dad said in unison.

"Sorry, but Mom, why hit Dad?"

"You told me they were just friends! COLTON JAMES!" She argued.

"Hey, it was her who kept it from you." HE defended.

"Kaitlynn Jae!" My mom turned towards me, hands on her hips. "Why didn't YOU tell me?"

"Can I go?" Dad quickly nodded. "BYE! LOVE YOU!" I ran towards the truck, leaving my mom, dad and future step-mom to stand there with my date.

*&^%$

"You're mom's gonna be pissed when you get back." Drake from the backseat. I laughed dryly.

"Yeah right." Alex chuckled. "She'll just be like 'Kaitlynn, is that why you haven't called in so long?'" I muttered imitating her voice perfectly, making Alex and Drake laugh.

"And she'd be implying?" Alex asked.

"She'd be implying that I found a new boyfriend. Then she'd complain that I didn't tell her, before going on to say tons of stupid shit that is irrelevant to me." I told. Drake shook his head and chuckled.

"Okay, your mom is weird." He concluded. I muttered a 'Yep' popping the p. We went to Kaylin's and picked her up, but not before taking pictures for her mom and grandparents. Then we went to the high school. I guess they some sort of walk in thing in the front on the patio. We had already waited FORTY-FIVE minutes. Alex laughed at my bitching and I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Not my fault this is taking forever." I grumbled. Alex pulled me into this side and kissed my forehead.

"Just be patient, we're almost to the front of the line." He breathed against my head. Everyone that was standing with us laughed.

"Who picked your guys' colors?" Bradley asked. I gave him a 'don't-say-anything' look. "Alex I can't believe you let her pick that dark of blue." He concluded.

"HEY!" I protested, "at least I'm not wearing freaking lime green or pink." I smirked, making Drake and Brendon glared.

"You're just jealous cause we don't have to wear bras to make our boobs look big." Macey smirked.

"Not all of us can be a damn D" I spat. We glared at each other before bursting out into fits of laughter. The guys just shook their heads at us. It didn't take long for us to get through the line and get into the gym. The theme was 'Romantic Masquerade' so we got masks to match our dresses and we were required to wear them. Alex and I put ours on and waited for everyone else to come in.

The first few hours seemed to fly by, everyone was having a good time and every thing was going good. Drake, Bradley, Alex and Brendon went outside to talk, leaving us girls all by ourselves at a table.

"The guy in the corner keeps looking over here." Kaylin told me as she looked back from the far corner.

I giggled, "Probably Jake plotting my death." Macey and Kaylin rolled their eyes but laughed nonetheless. Soon 'Lips of An Angel' by Hinder came on adn couples went out unto the dance floor. The guy in the corner came up to our table and smiled down at me.

"May I have this dance?" He asked, a small southern accent pouring into his every word. I nodded before taking his out stretched hand and following him to the dance floor.

"I'm Elliott." He said as my free hand went to his shoulder.

"Kate." I said shyly. Elliott smiled and we swayed back and forth.

"Are you new here?" I asked biting my lip a little. Elliott shook his head.

"We have a couple classes together." They looked a lot like... don't even start Kaitlynn Jae.

"Oh." I smiled a little and nodded, but then it clicked. Elliott Eli. "Wait.. I don't have any Elliott's in my classes." I said. "Eli!?" I practically yelled. 'Elliott' smiled one of those 'you-caught-me' smiles and I pushed him away. "What the hell!?" I yelled.

"Kaitie, please calm down." He said, trying not to draw attention to us.

"NO! Tell me what the hell you want right now!"

Eli rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "I just wanted to talk." He admitted.

I rolled my eyes, "If I wanted to talk, I would have answered the texts or called you back. LEAVE ME ALONE! Just....please?" I whispered the last part before running from the gym and outside. Alex and Drake were no where to be found.

I sat on the edge of concrete patio and threw my mask at the ground. The I wanted to cry never came. Eli wasn't worth anymore tears, he never was worth them in the first place. Where the hell was Alex when I needed him?

Alex's POV

Kate and I were having a blast at Prom, but it was so damn hot in that gym. Drake, Brad, Bren and I all went outside to the patio to talk.

"Alex, have you and Kate-" Bradley started but Drake cut him off.

"You better not of had fucking sex yet!" He growled. Bren and I busted out laughing. Drake made Brad practically shit himself. Brad had a look of pure shook across his face.

"N-no" I stuttered while laughing. Drake's expression turned into a sign of relief. We stood there talking for a few minutes before my phone went off.

Dear God,
The only thing I ask of you
Is to hold her when I'm not around-


"Hey baby," I cooed, but not without snickers from Brad and Bren.

"Where are you! I need you NOW!" She screamed.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Baby, calm down. Slow down and tell me what's wrong." Drake raised his eyebrows as if asking 'what?'

Kaitie took an audible deep breath, "Where are you?"

"Next to the Cafeteria doors. Babe, what's wrong?"

"We need to leave." CLICK. 'What the hell?'

"Drake can you get a ride with someone else?" I asked looking at him. He nodded. "I'll explain once I find something out." Drake said okay and I walked back over towards the main entrance, and I was glad I brought my stuff with me.

Kaitie was sitting on the edge of the six-foot concrete wall and she look like she was about to cry. He head snapped to her right when she heard my footsteps. She practically threw herself at me and hugged my waist tightly and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

"You ready to talk?" I whispered into her ear. She shook her head and laid it on my chest. "Come on babe, let's go home." Kaitie nodded and we went back to her house.

After we both changed into more comfortable clothes, I stole another shirt from Drake and a pair of jeans from under Kate's bed. Funny that they were there, but I can't complain.

Kate got the third degree from her mom when we walked in. She sat in the living room for twenty minutes before her mother would let her get changed, but when that happened, I had to talk to Lynn, one on one.

"Come here Alex, have a seat." She gestured to the empty seat next to her.

"So..." I asked as I planted my butt on the couch.

"Why do you like my daughter? No, better question is, why do you Love her?" She pried.

"Lynn, Kate and I have a...unique relationship to say the least." I started.

"Your sleeping with her?" She asked a little uneasy.

"No, no Mrs. Buechner." She sighed a sigh of relief before letting me continue. "She met me the night she and Eli broke up. I'm actually the one who pulled her away from him when she caught him with Mindy. I'm the one who helped her when she ended it, when she needed someone the most. I've seen every aspect of her way of life, I've been there through the hardest times I know of for her and I've seen her at her best, which is now. I know how she acts, who she is... I love her and I'd never hurt her."

Lynn smiled warmly and patted my hand.

"I really like you. Alex. I'm glad you're with her. You're so much better than Eli." I simply nodded my head and looked towards the stairs. Kaitie was running down them in a pair of black shorts, her low black converses and a baseball three-fourths length tee.

"I miss anything?" She asked as she walked into the room. Lynn and I shook our heads before saying 'no'.

"Is everything set up in the garage?" She asked a moment later.

"Yes, the cards, games, and stereo are out there." Lynn said smiling sweetly. Kate's eyes looked so much like her mothers. "Oh and the pop." Kate giggled.

"Thanks, mom." She bent down and hugged her mother before dragging me into the empty, well almost empty garage. She pushed me into a chair adn sat, more like straddled my lap.

"Kaitie," I chuckled, "What are you doing?" She shrugged her shoulders and leaned her forehead against mine.

"I heard every last word you told my mother." She whispered after staring into my eyes for what felt like no time at all. I lifted my head slightly and gave her an Eskimo kiss. She crinkled her nose, squinted her eyes and blushed.

"It's all true," I breathed before she kissed my lips gently. Her lips lingered, hovering over mine.

"I love you." She said barely audible as her green eyes bore into mine.

"I love you, too...never doubt that." She smiled before kissing me again. Kaitie's hands went from my shoulders to my hair and back of my neck. My hands were around her waist, pulling her into me. The kiss was quickly deepened by both of us, her mouth opening just as I ran my tongue across her bottom lip.

Kaitie pulled back all too soon and I opened my eyes to see her blushing and panting slightly. I was breathing quite heavily myself and Kaitie looking at me like she was wasn't helping me any. She had this mischievous glint in her eyes and what Bradley had said starting running through my mind.

All of a sudden, Kaitie busted out laughing and she tried jumping off of my lap. I kept her there and she blushed a million shades of red.

"What's so funny?" I asked chuckling at her behavior. She shook her head and placed her hand on her forehead, practically covering her eyes.

"Your phone vibrated on my thigh." She mumbled tryign to hide her face. I chuckled and pulled her towards me again.

"It might be Drake or Brad." She commented. I sighed adn let her get up before pulling my phone from my pocket. 'One New Message' I flipped it open adn hit the 'okay' button.

'On our way. Be there in 5.' Grreeeeattt.

"Everyone'll be here in a couple minutes." I said as Kaitie placed an open can of Pepsi in front of me. "Is that for me?" She shook her head no.

"Why would it be?" She smirked before picking it up and basically chugging half of it.

"Damn, girlie." I commented. She smiled a cheeky grin and set the can back down, before pulling a chair up next to me adn sitting in it. Not even a minute later, Drake, Kaylin, Brad Bren and Macey came through the door.

"Where's your date, Brad?" He shrugged and sat across from me.

"Don't know, don't care." He replied bluntly. I looked towards Brendon adn he shrugged. Brendon and Drake sat down at the table adn we started b-s-ing about basically nothing.

"OH MY GOURD!" Macey screeched. Our heads snapped towards the far end of the garage where the girls were talking and doing something. Guppy was scratching her head nervously, face bright red.

"I think Alex isn't telling us something." Brendon said in a sing-song voice. I rolled my eyes before shaking my head.

"Yeah Alex, something you need to tell me?" Drake asked eying me suspiciously.

"No." I admitted as if nothing had happened five minute before they got here.

"Right..." he stressed the word looking over at Kate.

"Who wants to play 'Apples to Apples'?" Kaylin asked holding the box and walking towards us. Brendon adn Bradley nodded, Brake muttered a 'sure adn Macey clapped her hands. Guppy just stood there, eyes on me. I smiled a small sad look smile.

"I love you." I mouthed, she smiled but she seemed off.

"I love you, too." She mouthed back. I grinned and motioned with my head for her to come over. She slowly walked over and sat on my lap, her arms around my neck, her side pressed against my chest. I kissed her cheek and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Why are you sitting on his lap?" Macey asked Kate as she set the cards up.

"Because he's my boyfriend." She said in a 'duh' tone. "Do I really need a reason?"

"Yes."

"No." I chuckled. Drake always needed reasoning.

"Let's just get to the game." Bradley snapped.

"Fine. Guppy and I are a team." I commented. Everyone nodded adn we started our game.

*Two Hours Later

"Handcuffs?" Kate asked, "seriously? Who puts handcuffs for 'fun'?" Macey, Brendon adn Kaylin all busted out laughing. I stifled a laugh adn my upper body shook.

"Alex!" Guppy screeched before whipping her head back towards me, "Quit laughing." She exclaimed through giggles.

"You're laughing." I accused.

"Fine, handcuffs win." She threw the cards on the table.

"YES!" Bradley yelled. "I win."

"WHAT!?"

"Yep."

"Okay, it's almost midnight." Drake rubbed his eyes adn stood up. "Maybe we should call it a night." Everyone agreed, most of them having church in the morning or something, and said their goodbyes before leaving. Guppy and I stayed in the garage and cleaned up. As we finished up, Guppy started acting differently. he was really quiet and she looked rather sad.

"Alex?" I turned to face her. She was standing next to the table, her right hand on the back of a chair and her left hand was in her pocket. Guppy sounded as if something was bothering her.

"Yeah, baby?" I asked leaning on the door frame.

Kate looked up from the floor, her yes filled with water. "I...never mind." She shook her head. I knew something was wrong with her, I knew it wasn't nothing. I casually walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Babygirl, I know something's wrong." She wrapped her arms around my middle adn she laid her head on my chest. "Tell me what's wrong. Please." I whispered, concern lacing my voice.

"I-I..." She looked up at me, tears were slowly falling from her ducts. Her eyes, full on hurt adn fear. "Will you stay? I don't want you to leave.... please?" Guppy begged.

"I'll stay here as long as you want me around." Guppy smiled s faint smile and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"Not a problem. I love you." I cooed into her ear.

"I love you, too." She sniffled laying her head back unto my chest. I had a very strong feeling that her asking me to stay had a double meaning.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this took so long. I've been in a really bad mood lately, and it's been keeping me from updating. lame excuse but the truth. :(

Image

comment please! :) if i get more than 7 I'll update Friday night. :) Pinky promise!

Kaitie's Dress
Macey's Dress
Kaylin's Dress