Caught in Midnight

Zacky's a Vagina

"Wake up, Michy." Valary sang and shook my shoulder.

I groaned and tried to bury myself in my nest of blankets and pillows.

"Michelle!" Valary shouted, losing the sweet voice. "Get your scrawny booty up right now!"

"Why?" I asked and finally looked up at her. "Its Sunday… morning. Leave me alone."

"Yeah, its your day off, and we need groceries since Zack totally raided our kitchen last night! That damn vagabond." Valary said, storming off.

I groaned one more time and untangled myself from my bed. Most of the blankets ended up on the floor on the other side of the room.

"Whathefuckk?" someone slurred from the other side. I looked over to see Zacky.

"Zackary, what have I told you about sleeping in a girl's room?" I asked him and pulled the covers off of him.

"Always use protection?" He asked and rubbed his eyes. "How early is it?"

"Early." I told him glancing at my alarm clock that told me it was nine in the morning.

"Christ," Zacky moaned and rolled over. Then, his cell phone started ringing. "Hello?" Zacky answered, with the phone upside down. "Urm, laying down in Michelle's bedroom floor…" He readjusted the phone finally. "Oh, totally forgot. Put Icabod on the phone." There was yelling from the other end. "Well, Jesus, Brian! What do you want me to do? I'm all the away across fucking town! Shoot him!" Zacky then hung up on who ever.

"Damn," He muttered and laid his head down on the floor. "Brian is such a butt sometimes."

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"I forgot to put the dog out last night. And Pinkly is over there too and Brian came to go get him or her, and he says that Icabod peed in the floor. I'm actually not sure how he knows it wasn't Pinkly."

"Oh," I said and walked out of my room. I went into the kitchen where on the table was a clothes basket full freshly laundered Valary clothing. I snagged a pair of jeans and one of her t-shirts. We wore the same size, I guess it couldn't be too bad.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. I then went back to my room to get my car keys. Zacky was now asleep on my bed.

"Yo, Zacky V. Wake up." I threw an ash tray at his head, that seemed to do the trick. "I gotta go to Wally World. Val went to work, but if she happens to come home, you better make yourself scarce, she'll beat you if she finds you here."

"What did I do? And why do you have to go to Wal Mart?" Zacky asked.

"You." I told him and grabbed my wallet and car keys.

"Oh, I guess I can't get breakfast then, huh?" I threw my high school track team trophy at him.

~*~

I pushed the squeaky cart down the cereal aisle and started to reach for the closest Frosted Flakes box. And that's around the time my cell phone rang. It was Val and I was kind of hesitant to answer it. But I couldn't let the whole store suffer through another relenting verse of "Creep", the ring tone I picked out especially for my sister.

"Uh?" I answered.

"Michy, I need you to call Matt and ask him if he has the release papers for Brian's solo part for that number three mystery song." Val told me.

"Uh." I answered.

"You got that?"

"Uh." I nodded and hung up.

I started the push the cart around the corner and it hit another squeaky Wal Mart cart.

"I'm sorry!" I hurriedly apologized, then I saw who it was.

"Hi Michelle." Brian greeted. "What brings you here to Wal Mart?"

"Zacky." I told him. "He was being a vagina and ate all of our food last night."

"Really now?" Brian laughed and raised an eyebrow. "I guess he can't be a dick."

"Since he has an absence of one." I muttered.

"So, what have you been up to?" Brian asked and pulled his shopping cart over beside mine.

"Work…. And that's about it."

"You still work for Zacky's clothing company?"

"Yep."

"Still working nights?"

"Yep."

"Are you that bored with me?"

I smirked and put a look of wonder on my face. "Why would you think that?"

"Oh, I don't know. You've always been the hard twin to please."

I was used to Johnny's, Jimmy's, and Zack's playful flirting, but Brian's was on a whole different level in my emotional system. I actually sort of liked him.

"So what are you doing after getting groceries to replace the ones that Zacky ate?"

"Sleep," I told him. "Oh, wait, never mind. I gotta call for Val and ask Matt if he's got the release forms for some song."

"Is it the one with my solo?" Brian asked.

"Yeah, I think."

"Well, then I got it at the house. If you want to come with me to go pick it up."

I thought about it. I put the ice cream up on some shelf with cheetos. "Sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and show your love!