Status: Slow Update At The Moment

Collapsing love

One off

We had been at the camp for two weeks now and Joe had kept to his promise, he used to ring every night and tell me news of New Jersey. And to tell you the truth I missed him more than my so called boyfriend.

The camp was going great. In the morning sessions we practiced for the end show in two weeks time and then after lunch we would play games, like baseball, swimming and other sports like that, but it was also a free time for the kids.

Today was my day off. I was performing at Nokia Theatre at Grand Prairie for one night only. Today was the day before my birthday and to be honest I was really excited. I was brought back from my thoughts from a knock at the cabin door. George had gone off to do her lessons and I was just packing my rucksack. I jumped off the bed and walked towards the door. I opened it and peeked outside. And guess who it was?
Joe.

He smiled at me as I threw my arms around him and hugged him.
“God I’ve missed you” I mumbled.
Joe laughed, “Ready?”
“For what?” I said, looking at him confused.
“For the show tonight silly. Why do you think you've been packing?”
“I know that but I didn’t realise you were coming”
Joe looked down at his feet, “No one knows do they?” I asked.
Joe shook his head and looked up at me.
“Well we’d better go” I grabbed my rucksack and walked out of the door.
Joe followed behind and grabbed my arm. “You don't look too well Alex, are you sure you're fine?”
“Yeah I'm fine, stop worrying” I shrugged him off and got in the car.

We arrived at The Nokia Theatre and I was escorted backstage, Joe following close behind me. 3 hours later and the time had arrived, I was giddy with excitement. My head ached a little but I just passed it off as a headache. My name was called and I ran onstage.

“Hello Texas” I shouted over the microphone, “How are ya’ll tonight?” the crowd screamed with excitement as we started playing our first song. After the 3rd song I started feeling dizzy.

Suddenly I couldn’t breathe, I looked at the crowd, their eyes wide. I could feel myself falling backwards and I heard screaming. Then it all went black.

Joes POV

She started to fall. It happened so slowly. I pushed Nick out of the way and ran on stage. Everyone gasped as I caught her. “Please don't leave me, Alex” I whispered, “Please”

I heard running from behind me and Alex’s dad, Michael came up behind me.
“Get her offstage” He whispered, “She’s burning up”
I nodded and carried her offstage. I overheard Michael talking to the crowd as I walked past the crew and towards the back room. I placed her on the sofa and saw my mum come running quickly towards me, followed closely by paramedics.
I hadn’t realised I was crying until Kevin came behind me and put his arm around me.
“She’ll be fine” He said, “She’s strong”

An hour later and Alex was finally stable. She was still lying on the sofa covered by a blanket. I had my head leaning against the sofa my hand playing with her fingers as the paramedics talked to both her dad and my parents. I was scared about what had happened, they were talking in very hushed tones. I looked up at Alex’s sleeping figure, she seemed fine now. Her fever had gone down and she wasn’t shaking.

Finally the paramedics went and our parents came over. Mum bent down next to me and kissed my forehead.
“She’ll be fine” Mum whispered.
“Do they know what was wrong with her?”
“Not really no” Michael said to me.
I turned to look out the window and sighed. So much for surprise.
“And anyway why were you here? I thought you were supposed to be in New York for the weekend”
I froze as my dad said this. I started to speak until I head Alex move and mumble something.

Alex’s POV

I heard voices but I couldn’t think who’s they were. I turned and mumbled “Joe”. I felt a hand squeeze mine and I slowly opened my eyes. I was lying on the sofa in the backroom. My dad and Mr and Mrs. Jonas were stood by the door. And Joe was sat down by the sofa holding my hand.
“How are you feeling Lex?” My dad asked, feeling my forehead.
“Better now. What happened?”
“You blacked out on stage” Joe mumbled.
I squeezed his hand. And turned to our parents.
“Can I speak to Joe in private please?” They nodded and walked out. I pulled Joe’s arm to make him come and sit next to me.

“I thought I lost you” Joe whispered, his arms wrapped around my waist.
“Unfortunately for you I don't think you’ll ever lose me”
Joe laughed and whispered, “I wish I could protect you”
“You can’t be superman” I whispered.
“Let me” Joe whispered back.
“You can’t help me” Tears fall down my cheek, I placed my hand on Joe’s cheek.
“Please” Joe whispers, a tear falls down his cheek.
I’ve never seen Joe cry, I paused, but moved closer to Joe. Our lips collided, butterflies erupted in my stomach, just like the first time we kissed.
“I can’t do this” I mumbled, pulling away from Joe and getting up. I run down the corridor towards the exit.
“Alex” Joe shouts chasing after me.

I trip over my feet and I fall, I sit by the wall and bang my head against it. This could not be happening to me, I supposed to be in love with Jesse. Not Joe.
I see my dad by the back door and walk over to him. “You ready to go?” He asks.
I nod my head and follow him towards the car.

What had I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
2nd one today :)
Can you believe its the last day of 2009? I cant XD
Zoe <3