Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 10- Its Not What You Think

Recap:
Laughing I squirmed, trying to get out from him unsuccessfully, then looked up and saw that he stopped laughing and was starring at me really intensely. Then his head slowly lowered…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Well now, what have we here?” Said a voice from my doorway.

“Uh-” I said while Tristian shot off me faster than I could blink. Then trying to roll around to see who was at the door, I ended up rolling off the bed and landed flat on my face on the hardwood floor. “Um…ouch, ouch, and ouch! That hurt!” sitting up, I looked to see Mina, Laney, and Tristian all doubled over laughing. “This is so not funny…” I muttered and got up to my feet, with no help from my so called friends.

“Well….that….was….interesting….to….say the least.” Laney said between burst of laughter.

“Anyway, now that were all done laughing at me and my clumsiness, would you mind telling me what you want?” I asked Laney and Mina.

“Ooh, defensive now are you? And what were you two up to then?” Mina asked with a huge grin.

“Nothing.” I said with a scowl. “We were just hanging out and talking.

“Looked like a little more than talking to me.” Laney said, which set her and Mina off on another laughing fit.

“Honestly, we weren’t doing anything.” Tristian told them then walked towards the door. “Hey I’ll see you at dinner, Ellez. I’m going to go start reading that chapter for Vamp history. See you later girls.” he said and walked out leaving me alone with Laney and Mina.

After about 10 second of silence, they both practically ran up to me and started bombarding me with questions about me and Tristian. Are you two a item? Have you done anything yet? Those kind of questions.

“There is nothing between me and Tristian. We’re just friends. I don’t even see him that way. He’ll always be like a brother to me. What you saw was nothing. We were just play fighting and he snuck up on me and won the little battle we had going. That’s all, end of story.” I told them the sat in my computer chair and looked at them.

“Okay, whatever you say.” Mina said and exchanged a look with Laney. “So if you don’t like Tristian in that way, who do you like?” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Uh, no one.” I said and looked at my feet.

“Lies!” Laney cried out with a laugh. “Come on you can tell us.”

“Well…your going to think it’s a pathetic crush…” I muttered.

“You don’t know that. Besides, we’re your friends, we’re supposed to give you our honest opinion on things.” Laney said.

“Okay,” I said and took a deep breath. “Ronan Talos.”

“Ooh, he is one mighty fine demon, if I do say so myself.” Mina said and started fanning myself with her hand.

“Yeah, I think almost all new freshmen like him. I can’t wait to see what he looks like after his change.” Laney said with a dreamy expression on her face.

Surprised, I asked, “You don’t think I’m being stupid by crushing on him?”

“Oh, no way honey.” Mina said with a smile. “But he’s not much of boyfriend material.”

“That and Gwen has him wrapped around her ugly, manicured finger. Don’t really know what he see’s in her. Maybe it’s because she’s so easy.” Laney said with a shrug of her shoulders.

“Yeah, I guess your right.” I said.

“Well, anyway, I’m feeling quite ravenous. Shall we head for dinner?” Mina asked while getting up off my bed.

“Lets.” Laney agreed.

“I’ll meet you down there. I just want to change clothes really fast.” I told them.

Nodding their heads, they left my room. Walking over to my window that overlooked the garden, I sat on the window seat with one leg tucked under me. Sighing, I kept asking myself, why can’t I stop thinking about Ronan? It’s not like he acknowledges my presence or goes out of his way to be nice to me. I’m just….drawn to him. I can’t help it, even though I know I’m pretty much just a little better than invisible to him.

Sighing, I got up, changed clothes and headed down to the cafeteria.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dude...the spell check thing thinks the word 'snuck' isn't a word....retarded much? tsk tsk. lol. hope yal like this chp. thats all for today. toodles!