Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 12- Blackmail

Ronan wasn’t in class on Monday, or Tuesday either. By asking around, Mina found out his birthday was yesterday, so I was right in guessing that he was going though his change.

By Wednesday I was getting fidgety, shouldn’t he be done with the change by now? While walking down by the garden when on my way to my B day 3rd period, I heard a shrill voice yelling at someone. Recognizing that voice instantly, I stealthily went to hide underneath some trees edging the little area where Gwen was fighting with who I assumed were her parents. Completely clouded in darkness, I listened in.

“But I want him to be mine, and only mine! You have to make his parents agree!” she whined. I wondered who she was talking about. Then it hit me, Ronan. He was the demon lords son, making him a prime candidate of any gold-digging hag, like little miss Gwen.

“Honey, its not as easy as it looks,” Gwen’s dad said between clenched teeth. Obviously she was getting on his last nerve.

Standing up to her full height, she walked right up in front of her parents, and in a voice that sent chills down my spine and alarm bells going off in my head, said, “You will do this. Or I will tell the world your dirty little secret. I will make you look so bad, all while I still look like the sweet innocent victim.”

She was blackmailing her parents! What kind of person would do such a thing?

Taking two steps back and crossing her arms, “So what will it be, then?” she asked.

Looking absolutely terrified, her parents agreed to her forced blackmail. “Good,” she sneered. “Shall we go back to my rooms now? Spend one more pathetic day together before I go comatose for a few days and finally become the goddess that I am?” Nodding their heads in agreement and looking utterly defeated, they followed her back towards the dorms.

Trying not to keep thinking about that little scene I witnessed, I ran all the way to witch history. Flopping in to my seat right as the bell rang, I tried to catch my breath.

“What the hell happened to you? You look like you just ran a marathon or something,” Mina said, looking at me with concern.

“You will never believe what I just witnessed,” I started to tell her, but got caught off by the teacher calling the class to attention.

Looking at me in the eyes, Mina mouth the words ‘we will talk later’. Then after a serious look, she turned towards the front and started taking notes from what the teacher was saying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were all, Me, Mina, Laney, Danica, and Tristian, sitting at our little table in the back of the cafeteria when I told them about what I witnessed between Gwen and her parents.

“Talk about a spoiled brat!” Danica said.

“She’s not spoiled, she’s down right rotten,” Laney added.

“I’m pretty positive that she was referring to Tristian. Gwen comes from a power hungry family,” Mina said with a frown.

“Well, maybe if were lucky, she won’t survive her change,” Danica said with a dreamy look on her face.

“Ha! Fat chance!” I said. “Of course she’ll survive. There has to be evil hags in the world. It’s like natures way of balancing the world.”

“Wow, very poetic, Ellez.” Tristian said with a grin.

Being very un-lady like, I stuck my tongue out at him and stood up to go throw what was left of my dinner away.

“Hey, don’t be giving me tongue action! I’ll start to think your being a tease,” Tristian said laughing.

Rolling my eyes, I left them to their laughing and threw my dinner away and waited while they did the same. Then parting ways with the still grinning Tristian, all of us girls went back to our rooms and went to sleep for the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay, new chapter! thanks to all who comment and subscribe! you guys always rule! and now i officially have over 50 readers and now have three stars. so freaking awesome. toodles!