Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 13- It's Him

The first half of the next day passed by in a blur. I was feeling great all that day, and I had this odd sense of anticipation all day long. After my level one potions class, I told Mina that I was going to skip out on lunch in favor of eating some chips in my room and working on the solo I was auditioning for in orchestra.

When the bell rang for third period, I made my way out to the field house for archery. Getting there early for once, I thought I was the first one to get there. Putting up my bag and books on a shelf above a cubbie that was assigned to me, I grabbed my favorite bow and some arrows and made my way out to the target set that I and Ms. Robin came up with in order to give me some challenge.

But as I was walking out of the door to the targets, someone was walking in to the supply room. So naturally I collided with his brick wall of a chest. Falling backwards on my butt, I scrambled up to get on my knees and started gathering my scattered arrows.

“Oh, my bad. I didn’t see you,” said a deep husky sounding voice. And he started to help me gather my arrows.

“Its okay. This seems to happen to me a lot anyway. What’s one more bruise on my butt?” I said and got to my feet and brushed the dirt off my jeans.

“Than---” I started to say, but got the breath knocked out of my lungs in shock.

The person standing right in front of me was the boy from my dreams, the one that always stood on the cliff. After shifting his weight on to his other foot, he moved a lock of his ebony hair out of his stunning green eyes and raised one perfect eyebrow at my stunned expression. I imagined I was quite a sight at the moment. Hair messed up, eyes wide, and my mouth hanging open like a fish.

“Are you okay? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost,” he said.

“Uh…ye-yeah,” I stuttered. Then at that moment the rest of the class and Ms. Robin came in.

Completely oblivious to me and my fish face, Ms. Robin walked right up to the boy and gave him a hug. “Ronan! So great to see you made it through your change! And my, what a handsome young man you are now.”

Smiling, she pat him on the back and grabbed something off a shelf and left the room. Taking this as a get-a-way chance, I slipped out the room unnoticed while the rest of the class congratulated Ronan.

Running out of the field house with my bow and arrows still clutched tight at my side, I went around the building and stopped after a minute and rest with my back against the outside wall of the field house. Panting and trying to catch my breath, I slid down the wall and sat on the grassy ground.

Ronan was the boy in my dream. I just couldn’t believe it. And I was absolutely positive that was him in my dream. I sat there for the rest of the class period, just too stunned to move. Does this mean that the dream could have been a premonition of sorts? If he was real, then who was the other boy?
♠ ♠ ♠
You know, all the comments and stuff really get me pumped and inspired. So thanks to all of those who comment and subscribe! I'm pretty sure I know where this story is going now, so I guarantee this is only going to get better. Ha ha. well laterz.