Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 14

Once I was done with my orchestra class (and I got the solo, cause I’m mega awesome like that), I went back up to my room and threw my self face first on my bed. Letting out a groan, I turned my face to the side so I could breath.

“Hey girlie, we missed you at lunch. You better be coming to dinner or I’ll start to think your going bulimic or something,” Mina said and sat on the other side of my bed.

Groaning again, I turned my face away from her prying eyes.

“What’s the matter with you? Did you get your monthly? That always makes me grouchy. That and I get a mad craving for some pixie sticks. Strawberry flavor to be exact,” she said and made some weird slurping sound, which I guess was just her licking her lips or something.

Getting up and sitting Indian style facing her, “No, I did not get my monthly.”

“Then what’s wrong? Cause obviously something’s wrong,” she said with a stern look.

“Okay, remember how I told you about that one dream that I keep having?” I asked her.

“The one with the boy on the cliff and the guy on the ground that catches you when you fall?”

“That’s the one. Well, maybe I should have started with my next question, but anyway, have you seen Ronan today?” I asked her.

“Oh honey, who hasn’t! That boy is like sex on legs now!” she said while fanning her self with her hand.

“Right….it’s him,” I told her.

“Him who?” she asked with a puzzled look on her face.

“Cliff guy, you twit,” I explained.

“OH! No freaking way! Are you sure?”

“Positive. How could I get it wrong? I’ve been having that dream for weeks. It’s etched in the back of my brain by now,” I said with a sigh.

“Well, I’ll be god-damned,” she said. “If he’s cliff boy in your dream, then doesn’t that make the dream like a premonition or something? Who’s the other guy?”

“If I knew that I would totally tell you, but I’m just as clueless as you are right now,” I said and got up to my feet. “Please don’t tell anyone about this, okay? We’ll figure it out later.”

“Sure, no problem,” she said and got up to her feet as well.

“Let’s go get dinner. I am so freaking hungry right now, it’s unreal,” I said with a growl of agreement from my stomach.

Laughing we both headed down to the cafeteria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Making our way through the line, it just occurred to me how I never noticed any of the upper class-men, the ones that have already gone through the change. All around me, there were blonds, brunettes, fiery red heads, and the occasional black. All of them with stunning features. How could I not have noticed before? Shaking my head, I got my dinner and took a seat at our usual table. After taking a bite of my salad, I heard some major commotion coming from the cafeteria entrance, and saw a group of girls surrounding some guy. Laughing and yet feeling sorry for him at the same time, I focused my attention back on my salad.

Leaning over so that only I could hear, Mina whispered to me, “You know that’s Ronan being surrounded by his groupies, don’t cha?”

Shaking my head no, I looked at the group of excited girls and did eventually see him in the middle with a calm expression, but his eyes totally gave away some of his fear.

Shrugging, I finished dinner in very little time at all. After throwing away our trash, me and Mina bid the others farewell and went back up to the dorm.

“Just don’t think about it too much. Concentrate on your classes. We’ll look back on it after we make it through our transformations, okay?” She asked when we got into our living room.

“Okay,” I agreed.

“Good. Sleep well,” she said and closed her door.

Once I was changed and all ready for bed, did I allow myself to think about everything that happened today. This was all so crazy. I figured Mina was right. I shouldn’t pine over all of this, especially since Ronan didn’t even know I existed. Sighing, I fell into a dreamless sleep for the first time since I had arrived at the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think of this chapter as a long-ish transition filler thingie. Also, woot woot! 70 readers and 3 stars. i feel all happy now. Thanks again to all who comment and subscribe. as always, you freaking rule! ha ha.