Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 17

I was still standing in the 3rd floor hallway with my gaze fixed on my hand when Mina, Laney, and Danica came down the hall laughing.

“Hey, anyone home in there?” Mina asked, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

Blinking and shaking my head, I looked at Mina and the others. “Sorry, I was lost in thought.”

“Right….well you missed a really fun game of twister back there.” Laney said with a laugh and they all dragged me back towards the elevator. “The guys are all going to sleep, or so they say,” she said with a sly look.

Still in a daze, I let them drag me off to our rooms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Laney and Danica were off in their rooms, Mina pulled me into her room and shut the door. “Hey, are you okay?” she asked, a expression of concern causing frown lines to appear on her acne scarred face.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I told her, then laid down across her bed.

“Hmm…your lying to me,” she said, giving me a pointed look, saying without words that she knew something had happened earlier and that I had better spill the beans. Or else.

“It’s nothing really,” I insisted, getting off her bed and heading to the door. “wow, I suddenly feel really exhausted. I’m going to go to bed. See you-”

Standing in front of the door with her arms crossed, she cut me off by saying, “Hold it missy, you aren’t going anywhere until you tell me what has you in a tiffy. So spill.”

Groaning, I sat back on her bed and reluctantly told her about the scene I witnessed in the garden and what Ronan said in the hallway.

“Wow,” was all Mina could say after I finished. “You know, I don’t really see why Gwen is so determined to have Ronan. He’s a demon and she’s a vamp. There could never be anything more between them except what time they’d have before the next change. No offense to you, but I know for a fact that no one wants a hybrid child, even if the one’s that survive usually end up with freaky strong abilities.”

“Wait, freaky strong abilities? What are you talking about?” I asked, totally confused. “I thought hybrids tended to be weaker than pure bloods.”

“Oh, gosh no! That’s what they say in order to keep the species from mating with each other. Every hybrid that has survived, which there are very few, possibly only 10 in the last two centuries, has had increased talents from both sides of their genetics,” she told me, looking at me like I should have known that.

“I so did not know that,” I said with a expressionless face.

“Well, that’s the truth,” she said with a yawn. “Well, since I got you to spill your guts, now you and I can go to sleep. So, if you could leave now, that would great.” Giving me a impish smile, she walked me to the door and wished me a goodnight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well peeps, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is I most likely won't be adding any chapters over the next week since I really need to cram for my AP Psychology exam plus I'm getting trained to do shift running at my job (yeah! Me and my awesomeness got promoted at work! Woot woot!). But the good news (in my opinion) is that my story now has a five star rating thanks to all you lovely people! Thank you all who subscribed and commented, you guys are just awesome. Well, thats all. Wish me luck on my test...ugh. lol. Toodles!