Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter One-Leaving Home

"Oh my god! Mom! Wake up! Today’s the day!"

Jumping up and down on my moms bed seemed to get her up because she pulled her head out from under her pillow and gave me the death glare.

"Ellie, its 6 in the morning. We're not even leaving until 3pm. Go back to sleep." she said after putting the pillow back in its place right over her head.

"But mom...", I whined.

"Sleep!" she said in her creepy vampire voice.

After that, I decided it was probably best if I just let her get maybe a little more sleep before I pester her again, seeing as how she works the graveyard shift at the hospital. Walking back into my room, I laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. There was no way I was going to be able to fall asleep now. I was way to excited, because today was the day I’d finally be going to Callica, the boarding school up in Marine Creek.

Well, guess I should tell you somethings about myself. My name is Elizabeth Delilah Grayson, but everyone just calls me Ellie. I am the adopted daughter of Melissa Grayson, who was the nurse on duty when I was found by a dumpster behind the hospital where she worked. Not many people at the hospital wanted me, because at first they thought I might be human since I had Grey eyes, but after looking at my blood, they discovered that I was a hybrid vampire/witch. After that little bit of information was learned, then absolutely no one wanted me, since hybrids were deemed as imperfect in the Otherworld.

Melissa took me in when no one would, and has raised me ever since. Though for my own protection, she’s made me wear brown contacts so that no one would notice that similarity and try to kill me. Trust me, it has happened before. I did everything a normal vampire, witch, or demon would do when they’re a kid. Went to the local Elementary school, and then the middle school. Everyone knew what I was, so naturally I was a outcast. Though out of sheer luck I guess, I have one friend Tristian, who is a vampire. He’s been my friend ever since we were 7 and I got pushed off the playground by Gwen DuLaine. He helped me up and flipped her the bird, so we’ve been friends ever since.

Now it was time for us to start attending Callica’s. Callica’s is a year-round boarding school, with each school year starting on August 1st. You start attending Calico’s when the school year that you will turn 18 and go through the change comes. They want us all at the school during the change, but cause it is a very painful 3-day process that occasionally some don’t survive, especially not hybrids. Though for some reason I just know I will survive, so instead of being all depressed and hoping I’m not going to die, I’m just being a happy and optimistic person about all of this.

Seeing as how I still haven’t packed anything for Callica, I decided I would start packing. After grabbing my iPod(yes, we do have these in our universe) and setting it to shuffle, I went about packing. Finishing around noon, I started to hear activity from my moms room and guessed she finally got up.

After changing into a pair of dark blue jeans with a dark blue tank top that did nothing to enhance or hide the fact that I had very little in the boob department, I pulled my long brown hair into a sloppy pony tail and went into the kitchen to scavenge for food. While I making myself a turkey sandwich, my mom walked in and told me we’d be leaving in an hour for Callica’s.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha! Posted the first chapter. My goal for now is to get as much of the background info done as possible so that the chapters can flow more smoothly later on, cause im not all that fond of explaining things while writing really key scenes...so yeah. Hopefully I'll post the next chapter after I get some sleep, because all my best ideas come from my dreams. lol. Toodles!