Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 20

***recap***

Taking a step closer to me, he said, “Trust me, okay?” with a very serious expression.

“Uh…” I started to say when Mina burst into the room, her face wet with tears.

“Ellie, oh my god,” she started, and I swear it felt like my heart plummeted into my chest and I felt a tear slide down my face.

********************************************************************

“N-no…she can’t be,” I stuttered out then Ronan lifted me up to my feet.

“She’s alive!” Mina exclaimed with a huge tear ridden smile.

“…..uh, what?” I said, a little confused. “But your crying,” I tried to reason with myself.

“Tears of joy, Ellez,” she said with her hands on her hips and smiled.

I ran out of Ronan’s grasp and over to Mina and gave her a big bear hug, then I shook her back and forth. “You can’t come to me crying like that! For a minute there I thought Laney had died!” I told her, then released her.

“Sorry, Elle. But she’s waking up right now, so do you want to go see her now or not?” Mina asked.

“Uh, duh!” I said with a laugh, then looked back at Ronan standing there all tall, dark, and handsome. “Thanks,” I told him.

“Anytime,” he said and grinned. “You should probably go see your friend now, so I’ll see you later Elizabeth.”

“She goes by Ellie,” Mina pointed out.

“I know,” he said with a sexy grin and left the room.

“Okay….” Mina said with a confused look at me.

“Hey, he can call me Elizabeth all he wants as long as its followed by that sexy grin of his,” I told Mina and we burst out in fit of giggles.

“Okay,” I finally said. “Lets go see Laney.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we burst into our living room, the doctors and nurses were surprised at our sudden entrance, but told us she was awake and well, then they continued moving the medical equipment out of the dorm room.

After exchanging a quick glance, we walked into Laney’s room. Standing next to Laney’s mom was a tall, thin yet curvaceous , girl with cascading black hair that curled ever so slightly down her back and framing her electric blue eyes that looked like they had flecks of silver etched into the irises.

Once the girl saw us, she let out a little scream and ran over to us. “Oh my god!” She yelled. “Look! I’m alive!” Then she let us go and took a step back.

“Laney?” Me and Mina both asked at the same time.

“Yep, it’s me,” she said with a smile that exposed her perfect white teeth.

“Wow, you look like a goddess of the night,” Mina said with a awestruck expression.

“He he, thanks,” she said and blushed a little. “But hey, check it out. I have fangs now!” she smiled with her teeth elongated and wiggled her brows. “Cool looking, right?”

“Hell yeah!” I told her.

“Well, me and my mom are heading into town so that I can get new clothes since I’m too tall now. That and my boobs wont fit in my old shirts now,” she told us with a laugh.

“Okay, we’ll see you when you get back,” I told her.

“Hey, where’s Danica?” I asked her before she left the room.

“Oh, she’s with her mom,” She said with a bad attempt at a smile. “Her birthday is tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! Laney's not dead! Bet I tricked some of ya. But yeah, after i posted the last chapter, I went to sleep and when i woke up to check on how it was doing, it had NINE new comments and another star in the rating!!! I have to admit, I did yell out 'heck yes!' when I saw it and did a midget victory dance in my seat. So thank you all who read my story and comment and subscribe!!!