Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 21

Over the next day we went to classes then hung out with Danica and her parents until it was time for her change. Her change pretty much went the same way as Laney’s, but instead of her eyes growing red, they glowed silver. Mina told me it was because of the species thing. Vamps eyes glow red, demons silver, and witches sea green.

Of course, Danica made it through her change and came out quite stunning. Like Laney, she had pitch black hair, only hers was pin strait, and emerald green eyes framed by lovely long lashes. She was only a inch or two shorter than Laney, and little wider in the waist.

Today was October 30th, the day before my change. Mina had just gone into hers last night. My mom was coming to the school and would be here in about 2 hours. Me and Tristian had goofed round for a little bit, but I told him that I needed some time to myself before the change just to think. So I just walked aimlessly around the campus grounds and eventually found myself back in the garden by the big fountain.

Sitting on the edge of the fountain, I looked down into the rippling water and ran my hand through it. Then I looked long and hard at my reflection. How would I look after the change? What color hair would I have? Will I still have Grey eyes or will they change too? I ran a hand through my thick messy brown hair and sighed. I really wished I knew who my real parents were. I love my adoptive mom and all, but I just can’t help but wonder what my parents were like.

Lost in thought, I didn’t realize that someone had walked up behind me and was leaning over my shoulder to stare at the reflection in the fountain.

“Hi Ronan,” I said quietly.

“Elizabeth,” he said then sat beside me on the fountain. “Your going through the change tonight.”

“Yeah,” I said and turned to face him.

“You will survive, you have to,” he told me. “I can’t wait to see how you will look.” he added and tucked a strand of stray hair behind my ear. Then his face slowly started to move forward towards mine.

“Uh--” was all I could say. I really couldn’t think strait with him touching me.

“Just don‘t worry about it,” he said and put a finger to my lips, which were only mere inches away from each others.

“RONAN!” a voice shrieked behind us, cause us to jump to our feet and put 3 feet of distance between us. “What is this?!”

“Gwen?” I asked, wondering why the hell she would be out in a garden of all places. She hates nature and anything outdoorsy.

“What are you doing with this-this-freak!” she asked and got up in Ronan’s face. “Baby, you know you can do SO much better,” she said, her voice going from scary hag to sweet and innocent in the blink of a eye.

“Jeez Gwen, just get it through your empty head,” he told her and shoved her off and away from him. “There will never be anything between us, okay? So stop following me and leave me the fuck alone!” he told her in a weird, dark, terrifying voice that sent chills up my spine.

Obviously, the voice freaked Gwen out because her eyes got all panicky and she huffed then flipped her hair and started walking toward me. “Don’t think you’ll get away with this freak,” she said. Then she shoved me so hard the back of my legs hit the side of the fountain and I fell into it. The water was ice cold and I was shivering so hard when Ronan jumped into the fountain and lifted me up bridal style and got me out of the fountain. “I am so sorry Elizabeth. I didn’t know she would do something like this,” he said with a apologetic smile and set me down on the side of the fountain.

“It’s o-o-kay,” I told him, my teeth clattering so much that it was hard to speak.

“Here,” he said and put his coat around me and rubbed at my arms trying to get me warm. I couldn’t help but notice his clean spicy-woodsy scent, breathing it in while trying to make my body stop shivering. “We should get you out of the cold and back to your room so that you can dry off and change clothes,” he told me and helped me to my feet and we walked in silence back to my dorm room.

“Why are you being so nice to me?” I asked him when we were outside my room.

“Why should I not be?” he replied. “You are the most interesting person I’ve talked to in years.”

“Um, thanks I guess,” I said with a blush.

“Anytime,” he said and grinned. “Well, I’m sure there are others who are more deserving of your time than little old me, so I’m going to go now. I’ll see you after your change, okay?”

“Okay. Bye Ronan,” I said, turning towards my door to open it.

“Goodnight Elizabeth,” he said, then lightly kissed me on top of the head, and walked off down the hallway.

When he was about 10ft away, I noticed I was still wearing his coat. “Hey,” I called out to him. “What about your coat?”

“You can hold on to for now,” he said, then waved goodbye and kept walking down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really don't know what to think about this chapter. I wrote it on very little sleep, so I'm not sure if I like it very much. But hey, it's another chapter, and we all love new chapters. lol. Anyway, just wanted to let yal know, that the next chapter will be the one where Ellie changes. Thanks to all who comment and subscribe, you guys are great. And I'm loving the comments, especially when they're from people who comment more than once. (Spazzy_Teddy, Chaz, Faithleilani, mc.min-d, WingsofmyTears, you guys are just awesome)

yeah, so I'll try to post the next chapter tomorrow. Laterz everyone!