Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 22- Changing

Walking into my room, I was surprised to find Tristian laying out across my bed. “Dude, don’t you have your own bed,” I asked and threw a shoe I found on the floor at him.

“But yours is so much nicer,” he said, easily snatching the shoe out of the air before it could hit him.

“How long have you been in here?” I asked.

“Eh, about twenty or thirty minutes I guess,” he answered with a shrug. “Did you get a new coat? Cause I must say, it is huge on you so you might consider getting a smaller size.”

“Actually, it’s not mine,” I told him.

“Oh really,” he raised an eyebrow in question.

“You will never believe this,” I gushed. “It’s Ronan Talos’s!”

“Why do you have his coat?” Tristian asked, looking at the floor. Then I told him everything that had happened, because lets face it, I’ve known him for about my whole life. He’s my best friend ever, so naturally I just had to tell him.

“That’s great,” he said in a flat monotone voice.

“What’s wrong?” I asked. Sitting next to him on the bed.

“Nothing Elle, there’s nothing wrong. How about we go get some ice cream from the cafeteria before your mom arrives? I’ll buy,” he said and jumped to his feet and moved towards the door. “Are you coming or not?” he asked with a mischievous grin.

“Uh, yeah,” I said, confused by his sudden change in mood, but I just shrugged it off and followed him out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mom!” I shouted when my mom pulled up to the school and got out of her car. Then after a big bear hug, we stepped away from each other, but still kept our arms touching.

“Ellie, my god, you look just the same as always,” she said with a weary smile.

“Not for long though,” I said and grinned. “Come see my room and meet some of my new friends.”

Then I led her to my dorm rooms with Tristian trailing along behind us looking solemn and saying very little. “Wow,” she said when she walked into my room sets living room. “The dorms here are much nicer from when I was here. Then again that was almost three centuries ago.”

After I showed her my room, I introduced her to Danica and Laney. “There’s also Mina, but she currently going through her change,” I said, and made a gesture towards Mina's room where she was all comatose while the doctors and her parents patiently waited for her to wake up from the change.

“Oh dear,” my mom said, looking sorrowfully at Mina's door, probably thinking about how she was going to be sitting through my change in just a few short hours.

After a short silence, me, Danica, Laney, Tristian, and my mom all sat down for a while and watched old movies on our big T.V. I was on the couch curled up against my moms side while she stroked my hair and Tristian was on my other side, dozing on and off throughout the movies.

Around about 7:30am, there was a knock on the door. Getting up off the couch, I answered the door.

“Hello Miss Grayson, I’m Dr. Philip's and I’ll be supervising your change,” he said and we shook hands, then he did the same with my moms. “Well, let’s get you all comfortable in bed now, shall we?”

Nodding my head, I led the way down the hall to my room, and stepped out of the way while people brought in various medical equipment and set them up around my bed. Then two people came in and attached restraints to my bed. Once I saw those, then I lost it. I started to cry softly, barely making a sound and felt a pair of arms pull me into a bony yet fleshy chest.

“Your going to be fine Ellez,” Tristian told me and started rubbing my back and held me tight.

“I k-know,” I said. “I’m afraid I won’t be the same when I come out of it. Not just physically, but my personality. I’ve heard some hybrids forget who they are and everything they’ve been through before the change. I don’t want to forget.”

“You won’t,” he said and hugged me tighter.

“I’m afraid it’s time, miss,” Dr. Philip's told me.

“Okay,” I said and stepped out of Tristian’s arms and wiped at my face. Then I hugged Laney, Danica, and my mom and walked over to my bed and laid down. Then the nurses strapped the restraints around each foot and arm, then my torso and the middle of my body.

After they hooked me up to all the machines and put a IV in my left arm, the doctor told us that now all we do is wait.

As the seconds ticked by, I grew more and more anxious. Laying there with the room being dead quiet, I heard rain start to fall outside my window, getting louder and more persistent as the seconds went by.

Suddenly the sky flashed so bright it lit the room up in a blue-ish glow, and then there was a sharp clap of thunder that made the building shake and a burst of what felt like electricity shot from the center of my body and spread out in the blink of a second, causing everyone to be pushed back from me at least two feet.

Then the pain hit me. Sharp needles of pain all through me starting at my heart and inner organs, then spreading throughout my body until I was in complete pain everywhere. There wasn’t one part of my being that didn’t hurt with unbearable agony. Then through the hazy fog of my pain I thought I heard screaming, but I shortly realized that I was making those horrible screams.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I kept on screaming then opened my eyes once more. Everything I saw was in different shades of purple. I couldn’t make out anything because everything was blurry because I was crying so hard.

Then came another flash of lightning and another clap of thunder. All of the sudden the pain just left me and I took a deep breath as the edges of my vision grew darker and darker.

That’s when I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, here it is everyone, the chapter you've all been waiting for. Hope ya like it. Tell me what you think.