Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 23- Waking up

***************Tristians point of View********************

It was so hard watching her struggle against the restraints. That and her screams just cut through me to the quick, and all I could think of was that I wish I could take away all the pain.

I have to admit, it was a bit unnerving when her change started right after the thunder shook the building. Then the force of her change threw me backwards about three feet and knocked me on my ass. I wanted to hold her hand and try to reassure her that I was here, but she looked like she was in so much pain that the mere contact would just kill her.

So all throughout the screaming and crying, I stood off to the side watching in horror. Then there was the eyes glowing purple thing, which has never happened to any otherworld creature in history. I knew she would survive. She is so unique and different, that she had to be important to our world in some way.

Now all I could was wait for her to wake up. About midday of the second day of her change, that girl Mina woke up from her change, coming out a fiery red head with emerald green eyes and petite features. Like a fiery pixie. She sat with me and her mom for a bit while Ellie breathed softly in her comatose state.

Once we hit day three of the change, the doctor, Philip's I think he said his name was, started to get worried. It wasn't supposed to take this long. Then the days passed by more and more. Her mom looked more and mored defeated each day. She was probably thinking that Ellie wouldn't survive, but I knew better. Her change won't be like others, because she's not like anyone else. Definitely not your average hybrid.

On day nine, the doctor told us he was going to stop the process and 'pull the plug' as some say. Ellie's mom agreed, because she felt that there was no hope for Ellie now. Of course I yelled and fought with the doctor, trying to get it through his stupid head that she is not a normal Otherworlder, that she is going to be more complex and her change would be much more different.

Of course, no one listened to me. So I was forced to watch as the doctor was fiddling with the machines, starting the process of 'saving Ellie from her suffering', which in truth was just murder to me. Feeling the sting of tears in my eyes for the first time since I was two, I stopped looking at the doctor and looked at Ellie who looked so peaceful in her comatose state.

"Okay, here we go," the doctor said. Then reached out for the off switch on the machines. That was when Ellie shot up in bed and screamed, causing the doctor to jump back away from the machines.

Once her screams stopped, she fell back on the bed and her whole body started to glow and her features seemed to shift and warp. Her hair looked like it burned away then grew again in the blink of a eye, becoming a more milk chocolate color of brown with hints of red in it. Then the glowing stopped and it became really quiet.

Then she opened her eyes and looked around the room with the same Grey eyes I've always known, but now they seemed to sparkle and shimmer with some weird force that seemed like the would stun anyone who looked in them too hard.

She got up out of bed (the restraints had been removed days ago) and stood up for a second and continued to look around. Standing at about 5' 7", she was a sight to behold. Wild curling hair, shimmering Grey eyes, perfect full lips, and a perfect little nose that made her face seem perfect. The rest of her body was just as perfect. Curving in all the right places.

When her eyes locked with mine, I saw recognition in her eyes. "Tristian?" she asked in a voice that sounded so sweet like tinkling bells and light as a feather.

"Yeah," I said, smiling so hard just because she remembered me.

Then she smiled and her fangs were exposed, causing me to raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"What?" she asked.

"You have fangs," I told her, laughing.

"Really?" she asked and ran to a mirror to look at her reflection. "Holy cow, look at me! I have fangs too! This is so cool!"

Then she ran over and hugged her mom and then me, nearly crushing the life out me with the strength of it.

Then people started showing up to see her, and I just shifted to back of the room, getting out of the way and then left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I so just wrote this while in class. This is why I'm awesome. Thanks to all who comment and subscribe!