Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 31

The day kind of went by in a blur. I got all this attention from people I had never really met before, all because I was the first hybrid to survive in a very long time. All throughout the day I would see people whispering about me and starring at me for long stretches of time, and I’ll admit, it was a bit unnerving. I am so not used to all this attention, and now that I suddenly have it I’m getting all nervous and clumsy, constantly dropping things.

So after the assembly about the winter ball, we went to our 3rd periods as usual. The class period had been cut short to make room for us to have a assembly, so Ms. Robin let us have free time for the rest of the class period. Not wanting to be stared at, I quietly snuck off when Ms. Robin wasn’t looking and made my way across the dark grounds of the campus and into the garden which was softly lit up by a few lights hanging up around the garden, making it look colorful and gave it a bit of a carnival feel.

Sighing, I sat down on the edge of my favorite fountain, which had a lovely couple dancing with a stream of water shooting out between their connected arms. Boy did it feel good to get away from all the staring eyes. Just one more class to get through, then I could hide in the safe confines of my private room. At least I had Tristian with me in that class, or it’d probably be unbearable.

I’m surprised I haven’t heard anything from Gwen yet, I thought she’d at least have some snotty remark to make about me. Hmm, now that I think about it, she wasn’t in first or third period. Interesting.

“Hello Elizabeth,” a voice spoke in a soft sexy voice in my left ear, and I jumped with a little scream and turned then tripped over a rock and fell flat on my butt with my hair falling into my face, blocking my view of the sexy-voiced stranger.

“Wow, aren’t you ever so graceful today,” the guy asked and bent down and pushed my hair out of my face. “Did I startle you?”

“Do you always have to pop up out of nowhere like that? You never did that before, but now it seems like you do it all the time. And lets face, it’s just not very nice doing that to unsuspecting innocent girls trying mind their own business and looking for a little solitude from all the constant staring from all her gawking classmates. Now is that too much to ask? I don’t think so, in fact-”

“Can you stop babbling now, Elizabeth?” Ronan asked as he put a finger on my lips to stop my long rush of words.

I nodded silently, and took he stood up and offered his hand to help me up. Once back on my feet, I brushed the dirt off my butt and just stood there. “How did you find me?”

“Your always here,” he said with a shrug. “I take it that you’ve had a long day.”

“Saying it has been a long day would be a understatement. That, and the day isn’t even over yet!” I said, sounding a bit whiny and sat back down on the side of the fountain.

“Well, you are quite a sight to behold now little one,” he said, then sat next to me on the fountain and looked at me right in the eyes. “I can’t even get the image of your sparkling eyes out of my mind for more than a few minutes. They make me thinking of sunlight shining through water in calm waterfall. “

I couldn’t even speak right then, that and his hand was now slightly touching the side of my face next to my eyes. “Thank you,” I somehow managed to say.

“You are very welcome,” he said. “But I didn’t seek you out to whisper sweet nothings to you at this time. I have a question for you.” He said with a handsome smile and a twinkle in his eye.

“What did you want to ask?” I asked him, sounding a bit breathless.

“Well,” he started, then stood up and stood towering in front of me, then got down on one knee.

“Miss Elizabeth Grayson, will you accompany me to the winter ball as my date?”
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter! Yay! Hope ya like it.

And what do you think of my new layout for the story?

Also, I'm sorry it's taking me so long to upload. I'm having to do all this over wi-fi, and it's been storming alot over here lately so I've had some sucky reception over here.

Love yal lots!!!