Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 38

The first thing I noticed was the pain. It was a constant throb on the back of my head. Then I slowly became aware of my surroundings. I could hear the hum of a central heating unit and I felt the crispness of the sheets beneath my fingers. Slowly I opened my eyes and was met by the familiar sight of my room. Sitting in a chairs by my bed were Ronan, Tristian, and Mina.

“She’s waking up!” I heard Mina exclaim, the level of her voice sending needles of pain along the inside of my skull.

“Ugh, not so loud Mina,” I whispered, my voice sounding unusually scratchy.

“Sorry,” she whispered. “How are you feeling?”

“Uh, like I was ran over by a bus,” I told her while slowly sitting up in bed.

“Do you remember what happened last night?” Ronan asked, looking me hard in the eyes.

“Well of course-,” I started saying and stopped mid-sentence. What did happen last night? As hard as tried, I just could not seem to remember. Oddly though, I had the strangest feeling that something very important happened. “I can’t seem to remember.”

“You were walking around in the gardens and appeared to have slipped on a patch of ice, fell, and hit your head on the ground, causing you to black out,” Tristian told me and handed me a bottle of water with a straw in it.

“Thanks,” I told him. “How did I end up back here?”

“Luckily I was out walking through the gardens when I found you,” Ronan said, looking oddly smug for some unknown reason.

“Wait, how did I slip on ice? It’s not even cold enough for water to freeze outside yet,” I told them.

“You really don’t remember, do you?” Mina said. “The temperature dropped drastically last night, and the fountain in the garden broke recently making that part of the garden flood a little. That’s where you slipped.”

“What were you doing in the garden anyway?” Mina asked.

“I don’t know,” was all I could say. It felt like there was this blank space in my memory where last nights memory should have been.

“Well, I think she’s been through enough for one night. Lets let her get some rest,” Tristian said and kissed me lightly on the forehead.

“I agree,” Ronan said while staring daggers at Tristian. Then he smirked at him and gave me a full blown kiss on the mouth, making my whole body tingle with electricity.

“Whoa there Romeo, don’t be so rough with the girl. She’s a bit delicate right now.” Mina told him and pulled him away from me. “Well my dear, as much as I love you, I am SO not going to kiss you. So here’s a nice hug instead.”

After giving me a hug, Mina and the guys all said goodbye and left me alone in my room. I still couldn't’t fathom why I couldn't’t remember last night. All of a sudden words came into my mind and I spoke them out loud without hesitation.

“Powers that be, let me see what remains to be unseen.”

Pain shot through my mind and it felt like my head was being split open. After what felt like hours, the pain slowly started to fade. What in the world was going on with me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot! Another chapter! I know how I'm going to end this story now. Just a little bit longer though. Plus I already have a new idea for a new story!

Well I hope yal like this! Thanks to everyone who comment and subscribe! Love you lots!