Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 3-Hags and elevators

“Good evening and may I please have your attention” the woman said and instantly the room became so quiet you could hear a feather falling to the floor. Yeah, it was that quiet.

She paused for a second then moved foreword until she was at the very edge of the top step of the staircase, her waist length pitch black hair flowing gracefully behind her with every step. Scanning the crowd with silver blue eyes she started to speak again.

“I am Erina Falthors, the Headmistress of this school. Rather than bore you all with talk about school rules and such, I’ve had school handbooks with all you need to know about Callica’s placed in all of your incoming freshman dorm rooms. Now, if you will proceed out of the doors to your left and head into the schools indoor gym, you can get your room assignments and class schedules. Have a good day.”

With those last four words she turned around and left through a set of tall double doors. It felt like hours before anyone started to move towards the gym or say anything. Ms. Falthors had that much of a effect on us. Yeah, she was quite stunning and very pleasant on the eyes with her 6 foot-ish height and her strait nose and perfect white teeth. It was obvious that she is what some from the human world would consider of Asian decent.

“Wow. To think that is our schools headmistress. I think I'm going to like it here.” Tristian said with a goofy grin on face and started to wiggle his eye brows.

“Oh pa-lease!” I said and playfully smacked him on his forearm.

“Ouch! That really hurt Ellez.” rubbing his forearm he started making a pathetic attempt at a hurt puppy dog face, complete with puppy like whimpering. “Anyway,” he said and got up to his feet. “lets go get our room assignments and schedules.”

He held out his hand and I took it and let him help me up to my feet. “Okay, lets go.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 minutes later

“Okay, what classes do you have?” Tristian asked then snatched my schedule out of my hands and started walking to the dorms.

“Oh I don’t know Tristian, let me check my schedule. Oh wait, you already took it from me!” I told him, trying, unsuccessfully to grab mine back from him.

“Lets see…on A days you have Introduction to Vampires History first period with me, then its Level one potion making second, third is Archery, and forth is orchestra with me. On B days its Otherworld history first, Theater second, Witch history third, and Literature for forth with me. Not too bad Ellez, though I think I would die of boredom taking three history classes.”

After snatching my schedule back from his hands, I said “Hey, they just want me prepared you know. Since I’m a hybrid and all. Anyway, I’m going to go look for my dorm room now.”

Walking across one of the schools courtyards, I walked toward the building designated as the freshman dormitories. Looking at the piece of paper the teacher in the gym gave me, it said I was in room set 63. Room set? What was with that? According to the piece of paper there were 10 room sets on each floor, and there were seven floors all together, and that mine was on the 6th floor. Following a heard of laughing girls I got onto the elevator and asked a girl in front of me to hit the button for the 6th floor.

“Well if it isn’t little miss Elizabeth Grayson.” a snide voice came from the other side of the elevator. “I didn’t know they let hybrid dorks come to Callica. What did you do to get in here? Sleep with one of the old farts on the admissions council?”

Doing my best to ignore Gwen and her heard of minions I waited patiently while some girls got out on the 5th floor. “You know Ellie, we all can’t wait until your birthday. So tell us, how does it feel to know your going to die?”

Forgetting about any idea of trying to behave myself while here at Callica’s, I turned around and faced Gwen, balled up my right fist, pulled it back and punch her square in the face.

Falling backwards into the wall of the elevator then sliding to the floor and holding her manicured hand to her bleeding nose, she glared at me.

“I don’t Gwen, but it sure won’t feel as good as that did. Toodle-loo hags.” With that said I stepped gracefully into the 6th floor hallway and gave a little curtsy to them as the elevator doors shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update, but i've been mega busy with AP tests and other senior year stuff. But since my school is closed until may 8th because of the whole swine flu outbreak, I figure i'd write more of this story. Please tell me what yal think! I always love comments. And thanks to all of you who have subscribed, it makes me feel a bit special. lol