Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 5- So What Are You?

“So Ellie, what are you?” Danica asked me in a completely innocent voice with pure curiosity in her eyes. Normally I didn’t tell anyone that I had just met what I was, but for some reason I felt like I could trust these three girls.

Sitting up from my previous slouching position I had on the couch, I looked at Laney, Danica, and Mina. We had spent the last two hours unpacking and were all now trying to get to know each other. I should have known this question would come up eventually so I might as well get this over with.

“Well, I’ll tell you, but you all have to promise not to freak, okay?” and they all said they promised.

“Well, I’m a hybrid. Part vampire and part witch.” I told them then looked at my navy blue low top converse.

“Seriously?” Mina asked.

“Yep.”

“That is so freaking cool! I’ve never met a hybrid before.” Mina exclaimed.

“I have to admit, I always thought hybrids would look all weird and creepy, but you look totally normal. No offense to you or anything.” Laney said with a impish expression on her face.

Smiling and laughing a little I told her it was okay. Though I did take out my contacts and showed them my grey eyes.

“Now that is wicked cool!” Mina said while grabbing my face and looking at my eyes intently.

“BOO!” I yelled and Mina let go of my face and fell backwards off the couch and onto the floor and me, Laney, and Danica all burst out laughing.

“That was so not funny” Mina said while standing up and rubbing at her sore butt.

“So now that you all know what I am, what are you guys?” I asked them after I managed to control my laughing.

“Well,” Mina said once she reclaimed her spot on the other side of the couch, “I am a witch.”

“I’m a sexy demon.” Danica said raising her eye brows up and down suggestively, which made us all crack up with laughter.

“And I’m a vamp.” Laney said with a teeth showing smile, even though she wouldn’t get her fangs until after her first transformation.

“Wow…aren’t we a odd assortment.” Mina stated.

At that point my stomach decided to growl. Really, really loudly. Blushing a little with embarrassment, I asked them when dinner started.

Laney, after frowning at me, asked, “Didn’t you read your handbook?”

After giving her a blank look, which was also mirrored by Danica and Mina, she got all huffy.

“Seriously you guys, you need to read it. And dinner starts at 4.” Laney said with a disapproving glance at all of us, one that I was sure that I’d be seeing a lot of in the future.
“WHAT?!” I everything but yelled. “But its 3:45 in the morning! Dinner would have ended almost 12 hours ago!”

“Really Ellie, you need to read the handbook. Dinner is at 4 in the morning. All of our classes are at night. Its like a reverse schedule from what we had in primary school.” Laney stated. After standing up she walked to the doorway. “So it’s almost time for dinner, so if your hungry I suggest you get off your lazy bum and come on.” she said and walked out the door.

After sitting there for a moment being a bit stunned from all that info, I scrambled up to my feet along with Danica and Mina and ran out the door after her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot woot! This is my third chapter posted today! Am i on a roll or what? This is what happens when you have a LOT of free time. lol. If you like it you should comment, cause i do like them comments. ha ha! laterz people.