Callicas Boarding School For Otherworld Youth

Chapter 6- Dinner

After walking out of the dorms, me, Mina, Danica, and Laney made our way to the cafeteria, though in my opinion cafeteria was too much of a primary school term for it. It was nothing like the cafeteria we had at Otherworld primary school.

First of all, they didn’t serve that already-cooked-then-recooked-but-made-to-look-like-fresh-food crap. This was like four star restaurant quality food. There was a salad bar off to the side of a buffet style set up. The room itself was pretty big as well, with tables and booths scattered around the room.

Walking across the room to the line that was forming around the buffet bar, we all grabbed a tray and got in line. “Ellie!” I heard a guys voice yell from across the room.

Turning around, I found my self grabbed and squished in a guys chest in a very tight bear hug. After getting a big whiff of his woodsy scent, I immediately knew who it was.

“Hi Tristian. Could you maybe let me go now, I kinda can’t breath.” I somehow managed to say.

“Oh, sorry Ellez.” Then he let go of me and took a big breath of air. “So how’s your dorm? Did you get good roommates? Please tell me they didn’t stick you with Gwen and her goon squad.”

“Nope, she got us.” Mina said popping up behind me along with Danica and Laney. “I’m Mina.” she said as she shook Tristian’s hand. “And you totally missed her punching Gwen directly in the face. I swear I will never get that scene out of my head. Every time I have a bad day, I might just remember that moment. It’ll cheer me up in a jiffy.”

“Wow, I leave you alone for a few hours and you sock Gwen. Nice job Ellez!” Tristian said and gave me a pat on the back.

“Hey Ellie, aren’t you going to introduce us too?” Danica asked while both she and Laney moved to stand beside me.

“Oh yeah, these two are Danica and Laney. Guys, this is my best friend Tristian.” I said and moved forward in line. “Now that introductions are all done, can we please get food? I don’t know about you guys, but I’m starving!”

Nodding in agreement, we all got our food and sat at a empty round table in the corner of the room. After taking a bite of my Chicken Alfredo, I asked Tristian about his room and his roommates.

“Its pretty freaking sweet. And the guys are all pretty cool too. Speaking of the guys, they’re heading over here right now.” he said and stood up and gestured to three guys at the end of the buffet line. Once the guys saw him they walked over to our table and sat in the last three chairs left at the table. There wasn’t really anything different between the three guys. Like all unchanged students here, they had the usual brown hair and brown eyes with plain facial features. How any body recognized anyone else around here was beyond me. We all just kinda knew who was who. “Okay this is Maddox, Thor, and Brian.” he said while point out which guy was who.

After we were all done eating we decided to all head back to our rooms and go to sleep since we started classes tomorrow. Once all the good nights were said and I was back in my room, I finally let my body relax.

After all those years of only having Tristian to talk to, suddenly having people accept me and be nice to me was a little daunting and made it very hard to be loose and comfortable around all of them. Well at least I was sure that eventually it wouldn’t be so hard.

Satisfied with that though I changed into my black and blue polka dot pajama pants and pulled on a black tank top, got in bed, pulled the covers up to my chin, curled up on my side, and fell into a blissful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woot woot! another chapter. Feel free to comment. ; )