Hotel Bella Muerte

Ghosts from the past.

"Thank you very much." Myra says handing the customer his bag. She's quite proud of herself, two weeks at her new job, her first pay check was about to go through.

She could see her boyfriend wandering through the rows of boooks as he waisted for her to finish her shift.

Another customer drumps a stack of books onto the counter in front of her.
"Good afternoon." Myra says cheerily as she scans each book, "That'll be forty-six dollars and twenty nine cents. How would you like to pay?"
"Cash." the person says handing her a fifty. She gives change just as her supervisor passes.

"I'm going to go now."
"Alright, just close up your cash register."

Myra finishes up before skipping off to see Gerard.
"Heya babe." she says wrpapping her arms around him.
"Hey." he laughs as he turns around to kiss her, "Guess what I got today."
"Hmm, a flying telescoped named Steve." she jokes as they make their way out of hte store.
"No, your key." he says holding out the small piece of metal, "Frank dropped it off today."
"I'm sort of overly excited about this, its like my first apartment all over again."

Back at the Way's house they find Mikey digging through the fridge.
"Hey Ma! Call the po-leese." Gerard says in a hick accent, "We gots ourselves a robber."
"Oh, you're so fun-nay." Mikey says rolling his eyes, "So I'm free tomorrow if you need me."
"Great thanks." Myra says appreciativly.

She'd almost forgotten that they were driving up to Boston the next day to clear out her old apartment so the landlord could get a new tenant.

After a long and boring drive they find themselves on the worse half of Boston in front of Myra's old apartment building.
"Moving in with Jamia is definitly a step up." Mikey observes out loud.
"Landlord is waiting for me." Myra says pretending not to hear him.

"Really makes you think huh." Mikey says once Myra's in the building.
"What?" Gerard says bluntly as they open the back door of their tour van to unload the empty boxes and garbage bags.
"That if you weren't on the road with the band you'd be living in a shit hole like this."
"Shut up Mike." Gerard warns.

"Okay, I got the key." Myra says returning to the van, she picks up the last bundle of boxes before they head inside.

They walk up three flights of stairs before finding themselves awkwardly staring at a door with chipped pain.
"Here goes nothing." Myra says turning the key and pushing open the door.

The living room is empty except for a few cushions and random bits of garbage. The kitchen and bathroom are pretty bare as well, but the bedroom is scattered with clothes.
"Most everything is garbage." she sighs as they dump the boxes. Mikey opens the box of trash bags and takes one for each of them.

Mikey takes the living room, Gerard the kitchen and Myra the bathroom.

"Psst Gerard!" Mikey whispers as he makes his way to the bedroom. Gerard reluctantly heads into the room, "Check these out." he holds up three very short skirts, "Yeehaw. Your girlfriend was a lively one."
"Glad you think so." Myra says a little ticked off. She grabs the skirts and shoves them deep into her trash bag, "Thanks but I'll take care of my room."

"I'm sorry, Mikey's being an idiot." Gerard apologises while Mikey has gone back to the living room. Myra let's out a loud sigh.
"S'okay, I guess." she mumbles.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, its just my old life is- fucked up." she grumbles, "and then I'm in New Jersey, I'm getting clean, I've got real friends, a boyfriend who isn't a dealer, a whole new life and now smack I'm reminded of this monster."
"Well think of this as like closer. Shutting a door on your past a moving forward."
"Yeah." she nods and takes a deep breath.