The Night You Took Away a Little More Than Just My Breath

The night you took away more than just my breath.

"You may now kiss the bride." The pastor said, just as the sun fell below the horizon. I stood there and watched my dad kiss his new bride, and my new step-mom as everyone began clapping. "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. O'Callaghan!"

My dad and Casey began to walk back down the aisle and everyone began to get up after them to go to the after party, which was on the other side of the nice lake.

There were white tents placed side by side with numerous tables and chairs under them. There was also a stage where the band would play and where intoxicated people could do karaoke. Then there was a long table, full of food and every dessert possible. I knew Kennedy would be all over that.

But first, before we dug into the food we had to sit at our assigned tables while the new couple, or the family made a toast. The people seated at my table was of course Pat, Jared, Kennedy and Garrett. Jamie was seated at the table next to us with all the bridesmaids.

Jamie looked gorgeous in her thin, short dress and with her make up and hair all done. She definitely stood out in the crowd. I haven't talked to her all day. The last time I talked to her was before she left to go to some hotel early in the morning to get ready with her mom and the rest of her family. All the guys, the men in my family, and hers stayed behind at the house to get ready.

Jamie caught my eye as I stared at her across the tables and she blushed, then looked down. I smirked and looked down at the light yellow table cloth as the words my dad were speaking became a voice that just tuned out of my ears. All I thought about was the party and everyone that was coming. Taylor was going to be there, Jamie had said Alexis was coming with a bunch of people from her school, Jordan might show up because I gave her a flier, and all these other kids from our school. It's going to be huge. But I have a feeling something bad is gonna go down tonight, a drama, a fight, just something of that nature and I don't have too good of a feeling about it.

Everyone around me began to stand so I guessed they were finished talking and it was time to eat. I wasn't hungry but I decided to go up to the table with the guys instead of sitting all alone. "Hey, bro." I heard Jamie say from behind me, and nudge my side.

"Hey, sis." I laughed and she gave me a hug.

"Long time, no talk." She said. "Last time we talked we weren't siblings."

"Well, legally." I smirked at her as we got in line behind the guys.

Kennedy got behind us and grabbed Jamie. "Mmmmuah, I missed you!" He exclaimed as he kissed her cheek. He turned to me. "How much longer until this is over? I'm ready to party!" He said.

"Don't speak too loudly, someone might catch on." Jamie laughed.

"I'm ready to party." He whispered. I laughed at him and shook my head.

"Just enjoy this, for right now." I said. "And don't look so suspicious."

The guys got their food and we all went back to the table and sat down. Jamie pulled her chair over to our table and sat in between Kennedy and I. People began clapping and my dad and Casey got on the dance floor to have their first dance. A few relatives were already surrounded by them and watching. Others were clapping and smiling as they sat at their tables.

When the guys finished eating they began to dance to the band that played on the small stage. It was quite a funny sight to see, they looked stupid dancing around like idiots in a crowd full of couples. I looked over and Jamie was talking to one of her cousins. It didn't seem like the conversation was too serious, so I walked over. "Excuse me." I said as I cleared my throat and smiled. "Jamie, wanna dance?" I asked her.

Jamie looked at her cousin and smiled. "Uh, no thanks."

"Oh, come on." I laughed and took her hand.

"No no, I'm fine." She said as I began to pull her away. "I can't dance."

"Well I can't either, but that's not going to stop me." I said, and stopped in the middle of all the tables, in between people eating. "Remember what I told you?"

"Told me, when?" She asked as I put my hands on her bare, cold shoulders.

"That day, when you tried to kiss me." I whispered. "Right before that, I told you to live your life." I said. She looked down and I lifted her head back up. "Don't care about what anyone else thinks, or says. Think for yourself, don't let people interfere. Now lets go out there, and act like fools. you only live once, you know."

Jamie listened to all the words I said and took them to heart. She took my hand and I lead her out onto the dance floor so we could dance, and not worry about anyone else. Jamie laughed as I swung her around and danced all around her. We were just trying to have a good time while this party lasted.

"Hey baby." Kennedy slung and arm over her shoulder. "Brother and sister dancing, that's cute."

"Mhm." Jamie said and placed a hand on his chest. "But I'm gonna, I'm gonna go to the ladies room."

"Don't disappear for long, baby." Kennedy winked at her.

"I won't." Jamie smirked and walked off.

"She's so gorgeous." Kennedy said as he watched her walk away.

"Hm." I said, picking some cheese and crackers off a platter someone was walking around with.

"You think so too." Kennedy laughed, and patted my back. "But don't worry, she's all mine." He walked away as I choked on my cracker, trying to understand why he had said that.

I looked behind me and Kennedy was back with all the guys, dancing. I walked back over to them and Garrett tapped me on the shoulder. "Yeah?" I asked.

"Who's that?" He asked, and pointed in the direction of the lake. "Who's that girl?"

"Who, her?" I asked, as I pointed at a thin, pretty girl with light brown hair in a short white summer dress.

"Yeah. Yeah, her. Who is she?" He asked. "She's hot."

I laughed. "That's my cousin. And don't call her 'hot'. That's rude." I said. "And besides, she's off limits anyways."

"Off limits?" Garrett asked as he looked at her from across the room.

"Yeah, she's here with her boyfriend." I said as I put a hand on his shoulder. "Sorry, kiddo."

"No, no." He said. "She can't be. She's checking me out."

I looked back over at my cousin and she was twirling her hair and eying Garrett down. I rolled my eyes, but chuckled as Garrett walked over to her. "Oh. he's your cousin?" I heard him say, and begin to laugh.

I laughed to myself and turned back around, to bump right into a little girl. "Hi." I said as I looked down at her. She tugged on my suit and smiled. It was the flower girl, Jamie's cousin that was only 5 years old. "Oh, you wanna dance?" I smiled at her. She nodded and I took her hand. I lifted it up in the air and she spun around, laughing.

The fast song ended and I slow one began. The flower girl wrapped her arms around my legs and gave me a hug, then ran off the dance floor as couples got on. I turned around and bumped into Jamie. "Oh, sorry." I laughed.

"It's fine." She said.

I looked around at everyone dancing together and turned back to Jamie. "Would you like to dance?"

"I can't slow dance." She laughed.

"Oh, come on. Enough with these excuses." I sighed and grabbed her hands. "I'll teach you, so you can dance with Kennedy later."

"Haha, okay." She laughed.

"Okay, keep your feet in that position." I said, then grabbed her hands. "Place your hands here." I said, placing them around my neck. "And then I'll, place my hands... here." I said, letting my hands fall down her sides and stop at her waist. "Just move, slow and smooth." I whispered into her ear as I pulled her closer to me.

"John." She sighed, sounding like Jordan when she got annoyed. "Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?" I asked, confused. "I'm just trying to teach you how to da-"

"You're my brother." She whispered, pulling away a little to look me in the eyes. I looked down at her, still confused. "I'm trying to shake these feelings away as much as you are." She whispered. "We can't be this close."

"Of course, we can." I said. "I'm your brother, nothing else. Nothing more." My whisper faded away.

"Don't lie to yourself." She said, pulling her arms away from my neck. "You have feelings for me. I read your diary."

"Ooh." I laughed. "Karma sucks!" I said. Jamie laughed, and I continued. "Don't worry." I told her. "I don't have feelings for you, I have feelings for T-taylor." I quickly said the first name that came to my mind.

"I thought so." Jamie said, looking at everyone around us. "It didn't even seem like you had any feelings for me."

"Really?" I asked. "I mean, yeah. Of course." I said.

"Yeah, it was just like you teased me because you knew I liked you, but sorry I even brought it up." She said.

"No, no. I'm glad you brought it up." I said. "You got your thoughts all sorted out. Now, let's go try and find all the guys so we can get out of here." I said.

Jamie and I exited the dance floor and looked all around and didn't spot one of the guys. I heard pat laugh and looked behind me. They were on a boat that was hooked onto the dock, all standing around and laughing with other family members. "Over there!" I pointed towards the boat.

Jamie and I walked over to it and got on. Pat was sitting next to my grandma, making her laugh and smile. He sure does have a way with old people. Jared and Kennedy were speaking to my aunt and Garrett was with my cousin, laughing. "Hey guys." Jamie said to them.

I pulled pat aside and asked if he wanted to go. "Yeah, I'm ready to get out of here."

"What time is it?" I asked my grandma.

"Oh, it's 7:34." She said, as she looked at her watch.

"Thanks, grandma." I said as I bent down and kissed her cheek.

I told pat to go tell the guys to leave the boat casually as I stepped off alone, and made my way over to my dad. "Hey dad." I said to him as he sat at the table with Casey. She was speaking with one of her sisters.

"Hey, son." He said.

"Some of the guys have to go." I said. "And I offered to take them home."

"Alright," He said. "But drive safe."

"Oh, I will." I said. "And I don't think I'm coming back. I'm pretty tired from waking up so early. So is Jamie," I lied.

"Alright, we'll be fine without you guys." My dad laughed.

"Oh, I'm sure." I said as I shoved my hands in the pants pockets of the suit. "Is all your luggage still in the limo for you guys to go to Cancun?"

"Yup." My dad said. "We're all ready to go. I'll see you in a week, son." My dad stood up and gave me a hug.

"Yeah, see you." I said. "and bye, mom!" I said to Casey and hugged her as well.

"Bye son." She smiled and I walked away, towards my car that half of the guys were already at.

"Kennedy is with Jamie and Garrett is making out with your cousin." Jared said.

"Ugh." I rolled my eyes. "They need to hurry up." I said as I unlocked my car.

"Kennedy and Jamie are coming now." Pat said.

I looked over to see them walking over, holding hands. Then I saw Garrett running up behind them. "Ready?" Kennedy asked.

"Yeah." I said. "Get in, it's unlocked."

"Dude, your cousin." Garret said, catching his breath. "Is wild."

"Yeah, yeah," I laughed. "Now get in, we have a party to throw."

- - - - - -

I went back outside to my car to get more of the alcohol Jamie bought with her fake Id, and then brought it inside. Kids were everywhere, with drinks in hand and wearing nice clothes since the flier said to. Music was blaring from the basement stereo, and everyone was dancing.

The guys were everywhere, talking to everyone. Jamie was in the corner hanging out with Alexis, who was wearing a tiny light blue dress, and Taylor, who was wearing a sexy, silky black dress was mixing up drinks for me at the small bar in my kitchen. "Don't give me anything gross." I shouted over the loud kids, and music.

"It's alcohol!" Taylor laughed.

"Ah, that's true." I laughed at myself.

"Here." She said, after mixing a bunch of drinks in a red plastic cup.

"What's in it?" I asked, as I took the cup from her.

"Just drink it," She said. "It's good. I even made myself a cup."

I took a drink of what Taylor mixed for me and it tasted like fruit punch. This was my first drink of the night, and half of the people here were already intoxicated. "Let's go into the basement, and see what everyones up to." I said.

"Okay." Taylor said, and followed me down the steps past a few people that were walking up.

Kids were sitting on the couch, making out, more were in the practice room just hanging out, and others were all in the game room, playing beer pong on top of the pool table. Taylor and I went into the game room and joined the game. Taylor and I were playing against Garrett and some guy I see around school all the time. They seemed to be a little tipsy already, but nothing was gonna stop them from playing again.

Taylor grabbed a ping pong ball and threw it across the pool table, trying to get it into a cup. She missed so Garrett took his ping pong ball and threw it over to our 10 cups, which were set up like bowling pins. He made it so Taylor grabbed the cup and drank all the alcohol that was in it. It was my turn to throw the ping pong ball and of course, I missed. So, the other guy on Garrett's team threw a ball and made it. Even if they were tipsy, they still had good aim. I drank all the contents in the cup and played a little bit more. I drank 5 cups, which left Taylor 5 as well, and Garrett's team only had to drink four.

By the end of my 6th full cup of alcohol, Taylor and I were clearly intoxicated. We were trying to get back up the steps to the living room without falling and that took us forever between all the giggling, and almost falling backwards. "Hold on, hold on hold." I rambled. "You, you have four eyes!" I squinted as I looked at Taylors face on the stairs.

"You're crazy!" Taylor exclaimed. "I do?!"

"Yeah, yeah." I said. "We gotta, we got to get you to a mmm-mirror or somethin'." I slurred my speech as we clung onto each other and finally made it to the living room.

"No, I believe you." Taylor said as she went to the bar to get a bottle of alcohol. I tried to see what it was, but the letters were dancing all over the label. She took a swung out of it and handed it to me. "I gotta take-take a piss." She pressed her finger into my chest. I laughed at her and nodded as she crawled up the stairs to the bathroom.

I searched around the crowd to find Jamie, but was interrupted by Jordan standing in my way. "Ha-have you seen J-Jamie?" I asked. "Any-anywhere?"

"No." Jordan smirked. "But I have seen you, everywhere." She tugged on my tie and pulled me closer to her face.

"Oh, have you really?" I smiled at her, forgetting about all of our history. To me at that point, she was just another girl wearing a slutty dress that wanted to get in my pants.

"Yes." She smiled, yanked my tie, and made my lips crash into hers. I couldn't tell if she was intoxicated or not, the only alcohol I tasted in between our kisses was my own. Jordan pushed me against the wall and ran her hands up my chest.

"Girl, girl." I pulled away and caught my breath. "Slow down." I said. "I'm gonna go get a new drink."

"Will you be coming back?" She asked, quickly and not letting me go just yet.

"Of course," I said, smirking through my lie. There were many other girls at this party, many other girls I'd rather be with than Jordan. I walked off and back into the kitchen as Taylor came back down the steps. "Guess what I just did!" I yelled at Taylor.

"What?" She laughed at me.

"Made out with Jordan." I said, as I poured myself another drink. "But shh." I said, and stopped to put a finger on Taylors lips. "I told Jamie I liked you so she wouldn't think I liked her." I said, not making any sense. My mind was all over the place. But hey! I was drunk, so it didn't matter.

"You said you liked me to make Jamie think that you didn't like Jamie or Jordan?" Taylor spit out fast. It took me a second to fully understand what she said, but I nodded.

"Yes!" I said, taking a drink.

"No." Taylor laughed. "Jamie or Jordan?"

I stood there and thought for a second. "Oh!" I said. "Jamie, I meant Jamie." I said as I took another drink.

"What about Jamie?" Jamie said as she stumbled up to us. "That's my name. My name's Jamie." She laughed hysterically at herself.

I chuckled and nodded. "My name is John. That's taylor." I said, pointing to Taylor. "And where's Alexis?"

"Alexis isss..." Jamie said, looking around. "I dunno. But hey, taylor!" Jamie gave Taylor a big drunken hug and kissed her cheek, which made me laugh. "This boy," Jamie whispered loudly, "He-he likes you." Jamie whispered and then covered her mouth like a little kid that has just said their first curse word in front of their mom.

"I know!" Taylor exclaimed, laughing. "It's illegal!" She said.

"Yeah, illegal but I still do!" I gave a fake shrug and smiled, then went to take another drink.

"You, boy, do not need another drink." Alexis said as she came out of nowhere and took my cup from me.

"I know!" I said. "But if I keep drinking more I'll never get sober!"

"If you keep drinking more, you'll die." Jamie said.

"Really?!" I laughed. "I never heard that one!"

"I don't think it was a j-joke." Taylor said.

"Oh." I said, looking down. "Hey, where's Kennedy?" I asked Jamie.

"Beer pong." She said.

"Oh.." I said, and then looked at Alexis. "Hey, you drunk?"

"Uh, getting there. Why?" She asked. I did nothing but shrug before I placed both of my hands on each side of her face and locked my alcohol drenched lips with hers."Why'd you do that?" Alexis laughed as we pulled away from the strong kiss.

I shrugged. "I don't know, I'm drunk!" I shouted. Everyone laughed at me and then I noticed Jordan walking over. "Uh, g-guys." I said. "I have to piss. I'll be right back." I said, and walked off quickly.

Almost falling numerous of times up the steps, I finally made it to the bathroom. I locked the door behind me quickly and leaned against the door. No one was upstairs, every door but the bathrooms was locked so our stuff wouldn't get messed with. Everyone was either downstairs or in the basement.

I walked over to the sink and looked at myself in the mirror just above it. The vision of myself was blurry and it looked like I had more hair, going in more directions than I really had. I decided to go to the bathroom right then, since I wouldn't piss myself later.

I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. I shut off the sink, opened the bathroom door and stepped out into the hallway. I walked toward the steps and saw someone coming towards me. I was scared it was Jordan so I leaned against the wall. "What are you d-doing?" Jamie laughed.

"Oh," I said. "N-nothing." I stepped down onto the steps. She stepped up onto the one that was above the one I was standing on, which made us the same height.

"Oh." She said, looking straight into my eyes. I looked right back into hers and then she kissed my lips hard. I was caught off guard and stumbled back a little, but she kept me close. She grabbed a hold of my tie and pulled me towards her room. She pushed me against the door to her room and kissed my neck.

"J-Jamie." I stuttered.

"Don't talk." She simply said and untied my tie, but left it slung over my shoulders. Then she ripped open my light yellow, collard shirt. The buttons got ripped off and a few fell to the floor. Jamie moaned as she started to kiss my chest. "H-hold on." She caught her breath. I looked down at her and saw that she was pulling a key out of her bra to open her bedroom door. The key fumbled around the hole, causing the silver door knob to get scratched. But soon enough, the door opened and Jamie pushed me back into her dark room.

Jamie slammed the door behind her as complete darkness filled the room. I couldn't see her, but I heard loud footsteps coming towards me and two hands on my bare chest. I was pushed back onto her bed and I felt her crawling on top of me. She leaned over and hit the lights, revealing her gorgeous face. I swooned and leaned up to kiss her some more, but she had different plans.

Jamie pushed me back down on her bed and opened up my light yellow shirt some more. She continued kissing my chest as her right hand slid down my stomach to my zipper. "Jamie, d-don't." I said, realizing what she was about to do. But she didn't listen, all she did was continue.

She was now pulling my pants off and throwing them onto the floor next to my shoes. I was just a victim, laying there motionless in my boxers and ripped open shirt. Jamie was tugging at the linen of my boxers and slowly pulling them below my waist. I swallowed my heart that somehow got caught in my throat and closed my eyes tightly as they were now dropping to the floor along with my other articles of clothing. "Hmm." Jamie moaned as she kissed my waist, getting closer and closer to what no one has ever touched, or even seen besides me.

"Jamie." I said, sitting up.

"I-i know." She stuttered and stood up. She kicked off her high heels, slipped her panties off and yanked her dress off her body. She was wearing nothing but a bra and climbing back on top of me now. "Relax." She whispered as she kissed my neck lightly.

I held my breath as she pressed her hips into mine. I squeezed my eyes shut and threw my head back as I heard her smooth, and quiet breathing fill the air. I grasped the sheets as I sunk down into her bed further and gasped for air. All I could do was wait for it to be over and the aching in my guts to subside.
♠ ♠ ♠
HOLY SHIT!
Ahahha ;)

I think you should comment.
Because if barely anyone comments then it makes me feel like no one is reading it and I suck at writing :(
Make my feel better and comment! Haha.

Did you think this was gonna happen?
And what do you think is gonna happen in the next chapter?
What will Jamie and Johno's reaction will be?