The Night You Took Away a Little More Than Just My Breath

It's like we stole this from a movie.

"Thank you!" I yelled into the mic as our last song ended and it was time for the next band to play. Each one of us walked back stage with all smiles to freshen up.

"How do you think that went?!" Garrett asked, excitedly.

"Great. Amazing." Kennedy smiled as he nudged my side. He's gotten over the whole Jamie and I thing. And frankly, I think he's gotten over Jamie. He hasn't spoken to her since he found out and he says 'I don't want a girl that runs away from her problems.' But I sure as hell know, that when Jamie decides to come back, it's going to be nothing but awkward.

"So do we go out there and talk to them or what?" Jared asked, referring to the people that may sign us.

"No." Garrett said. "Just do your thing and they'll come to us."

"Okay." Jared responded as he changed his shirt.

I grabbed a small towel and wet it to wipe the sweat off my face. I changed my plain black V neck into a thin gray one and ran my hand through my sweaty hair. I laughed at my Jimmy Neutron hair as I looked at myself in the mirror. I rinsed the seat off my hand and ran it through my hair again, to wet and style it again. It takes a lot to get your hair into a purposely messy look with it actually looking good.

As I took my wet towel and ran it down my neck, someone knocked on the door of our dressing room. I looked over and saw a girl in a red flannel shirt standing next to a guy wearing a nice suit in the doorway. Garrett greeted them with a hopefully non sweaty handshake and let them sit on the couch.

I walked out there and was the last to greet them, seeing that all of the other guys were sitting on the couch now. "My names Bob, I'm the president of Fearless." The guy in the suit said as I shook his hand.

"And I'm Joyce." The girl smiled as she shook my hand. "I'll help you guys with publicity, tour marketing, and internships."

I smiled at them both. "My names John."

They smiled at me in return as I sat on the coffee table in front of everyone on the couch.

"So, we've been watching you guys for a while and you guys have a great fan base." Joyce began. "Perfect for bands that are just starting off." I nodded but inside I was screaming in excitement. I already knew this was going to turn out well.

"Yeah, and your guys' music is perfect for our label." Bob said. I looked at the all the guys and they were smiling slightly. I could tell Kennedy wanted to explode.

"You guys definitely have a great shot of becoming successful with this." Joyce continued. "Your EP sounds professionally recorded, music is catchy, the lyrics are perfect."

"So this is why..." Bob said. "We want to sign you to our label."

We looked at each other in excitement as the guys began cheering. "Thanks so much!" Garrett thanked them.

"Yeah, thanks a lot guys." I laughed at my band members. "We really do appreciate it."

"No problem, it's our pleasure." Bob said, shaking my hand one more time as they both got up.

"Yeah, it really is." Joyce said. "Your band is perfect for our label. Don't change and we'll get back to in a few days with more info."

"We won't, and alright." I chuckled. I walked the two out of our dressing room as I shut the door behind me. I leaned against the door as I stared at the guys in disbelief. "WE'RE SIGNED!" I screamed.

- - - - - - - - -

"Congrats Johno!" A girl yelled at me in the hall as I made my way to my locker.

"Yeah, congratulations kid!" Some big, muscular senior put his arm on my shoulder. At first I had no idea why they were saying congrats to me, but then I remembered that was got signed and news spreads fast around this school. What a great first day back from spring break.

As I opened my locker and got my books, the same girl that came up to me before the coconut club show tapped my shoulder. "I know you've been hearing this all day and school hasn't even started yet but congratulations! I was there Saturday night." She smiled.

"Were you really?" I smiled back at her to be nice. "How were we? Be honest!"

"You guys were great, like always!" She smiled at me.

"Awh, thanks." I said as she walked away and I headed towards my first period with my books.

With all the high energy from the weekend, I walked into my first period not noticing anybody and sat in my seat. I smiled at all my positive thoughts of making it big and tapped my pencil on my desk, waiting for class to start.

The bell rang and my teacher turned around after writing something on the board. "Okay class!" She yelled, quieting us down. "Work is on the board. You should use pages 287 through 292 in your text books."

I opened my text book to page 287 and began answering the questions my teacher wrote down on the board. As I finished the last question, I looked up at the clock and we only had a minute left. I began packing up and turned my paper in to the teacher. As the bell rang, I noticed Jamie for the first time, walking past me as I tried to leave the classroom.

I tried to catch up with her, but she was walking to fast and someone got in my way. "What's wrong with you two?" Jordan asked me.

"Nothing." I sighed.

"You guys aren't talking." She said. "What, did you two get into a widdle fight?" She teased me.

"No." I said. "Now can you please let me go. I don't want to talk to you."

"I heard about your band." Jordan said.

"Okay." I sighed out of anger as I saw Jamie turn the corner.

"Yeah, I never thought-"

"Jordan!" I yelled at her. "What makes you think I want to talk to you all the time? Go away." I said as I pushed past her and left her there before she could say anything else.

The bell rang as I walked down the hall after Jamie. "Great," I mumbled under my breath, looking down at my shoes. I turned the corner quickly, but ran into someone that was just standing against the wall. "Oh, sorry." I said, before noticing who they were.

Jamie and I just stared at each other for a second. Nothing was running through my mind at that moment in time. But Jamie grabbed my shirt and pulled me closer to her so she could give me a rough kiss.

I tried to pull away but instead she kicked open the janitors closet door that was right behind us, and pulled me in with her. She pushed me against the shelves, causing cleaning supplies to crash on the floor. Jamie smirked at me as she pulled my shirt over my head and began to kiss my neck and chest. I closed my eyes and swallowed my pride as she took my hand and ran it up her shirt.

After being forced to touch her laced bra, she took her shirt off and thrust her chest onto mine. She began to get down on her knees and unbutton my pants when I finally spoke up. "Stop." I said. She unzipped my pants as I scooted away from her and zipped them back up. "I mean it." I said.

Jamie stood up to face me and glared at me. I looked at her as if to say 'You should be ashamed of yourself.' But she didn't read my reactions well, all she did was slap me as hard as she could and storm out of the closet.

"God damn it." I muttered as I heard the closet door slam and I grabbed my face. I slid down to sit on the floor and winced in pain. I was confused as hell. I haven't spoken to her all break and this is what happens when I try? Why the hell did she sexually attack me and then abuse me when I told her to stop? All I wanted to do was talk to her and say sorry for the way I treated her. Now I'm scared shitless to receive the news if she's pregnant or not. I'm more scared of what she'll do to me, rather than the results.

As I calmed down from my racing mind and the pain cause from Jamie's strong slap, I stood up and grabbed my shirt from off the floor. I threw it on and saw that it was stretched out from her pulling on it. I rubbed my face and wiped the small tear from my right eye that was caused by the pain. I brushed myself off, and headed out of the Janitors closet.

I walked towards the office to see if I could get a pass to my second period but I doubt they would. I walked there anyway just in case they were feeling nice today. But as I approached the doors, I saw Jamie sitting outside in the few plastic chairs they lined up against the wall. I didn't want to bother with getting a pass, or seeing her. So I just glared at her as I walked past and headed out the front doors of the school. She didn't seem to happy to see my face, either.

Running to my car so I didn't get caught by any teachers, I left the school parking lot in a hurry. I got to my house only a few minutes later to see that my parents were home. Last night, Jamie didn't come home. She probably got ready for school at Alexis' house and Alexis drove her to school.

Not wanting to get in trouble with my parents for skipping school, I drove to Taylor's instead. Hoping she was at home and awake at seven in the morning, I pulled up in her empty drive way. I got out of my car, and walked up to her front door. I knocked on it a few times before Taylor answered the door in just a hoodie and some boxer shorts. "Hey, sleepy head." I smirked at her and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"What are you doing here?" She smiled at me.

"What, I can't come see you at seven AM on a Monday morning?" I joked around.

Taylor laughed. "Hold on." She said. "I have to go finish doing the laundry, it'll only take a second."

"Okay." I said, entering her house and taking a seat on her couch. I kicked off my shoes and used her coffee table as a foot rest. I leaned forward and picked up the magazine that sat by feet and flipped through it. It was just a bunch of pictures of gorgeous girls. Guessing it was Vogue, I flipped back to the front cover. The cover had an abnormally skinny girl standing in front of a pool in an awkward pose. Above her read the title of the magazine in big, white font- Vogue.

I started flipping back through the magazine and landed on the newest models section. Flipping through all the girls pictures and their descriptions next to them, I saw Jamie. Her picture was taken at the one photo shoot she dragged me to. She looked so gorgeous, I couldn't stand it. Next to her picture it read Jamie O'Callagahn/18/Tempe, AZ. Confused as to if they got her age wrong or not, I read on.

They listed the date of her birthday as April 16, which was yesterday. I felt bad because I didn't know her birthday, and because she had to feel like this on her birthday. I read on about her hobbies and unimportant important stuff like that as Taylor came back into the room and sat next to me. "Did you know she was in here?" I asked.

"Who?" Taylor asked as she looked at the magazine. "Oh." Taylor sighed. "So, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be at school?"

"I skipped because Jamie made me super late for second period. And when you're late at my school you could like get ISS or something crazy like that. It's strict." I said.

"How'd she make you late?" Taylor asked.

"She pushed me into the janitors closet and tried to have sex with me again." I rolled my eyes. "And all I wanted to do was talk to her. So I told her to stop, then she slapped me and left. So when I was leaving I saw her sitting in the office. She must have gotten caught."

"Have you realized you only talk to me about your problems with Jamie?" Taylor sighed.

"Nuh uh," I rubbed her leg. "I talk to you about other things."

"Like what?" Taylor asked.

I sat there and thought. "My band, and stuff."

"Yeah, thats the only other thing." She said. "The reason why you don't like me is because you like Jamie. The reason why you only talk to me is because you have no one else to talk about Jamie. The reason why we didn't have sex the other night was because of your whole damn problem with Jamie."

"Baby." I sighed and tried to give her a hug. But she pulled away.

"Baby rhymes with Jamie."

"Taylor." I laughed at her. She looked so cute rambling on and annoyed, but she didn't seem to like that I was laughing. "I'm sorry." I said as I kept a straight face. "You're just cute."

"Not as cute as Jamie."

"Taylor, no one gives a shit about Jamie." I said. "Now are you pms-ing or something? I've never seen you like this."

"You got it!" She said, getting up to turn on the TV.

"I knew it." I said.

"How long are you staying here? She asked.

"Probably until two something, that's when I get home from school." I said.

"Oh." She said as she flipped through the t.v channels and I cuddled up to her. "You work tonight?" She asked.

"Yup." I said, kissing her cheek. "Do you?"

"Yeah." She looked down at me and smiled.

- - - - - - - -

"You're fired!" My boss yelled at me right before I went to go clock in.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "What for?!"

"You failed to lock up Friday night. You and Taylor are both fired. When you see her, tell her to leave."

"You can't be serious. That was my first accident!" I yelled.

"Making out with your co worker in the middle of the dinning room and then rushing out to your car to do a little more is no accident." My boss yelled.

"What the fuck." I sighed, aggravated. I threw my stupid hat at him and walked out of the restaurant, waiting for Taylor to arrive. I sat on the curb, with my head down and trying to control my nerves. How the hell am I going to tell my dad?

As Taylor pulled up, I stood up and walked up to her car. "We got fired."

"Nuh uh." She said in disbelief.

"Yup." I simply said. "We forgot to lock up. Boss watched the tape and saw us making out, then rush to my car." I chuckled.

"What the fuck!" She said, beeping her horn.

"That's what I said!" I laughed.

"Whatever, let's go get ice cream." She said. "Hop in, we'll get your car later."

"But can I change first?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." She laughed, looking down at her uniform as well.

"I'll just pick you up around 6:30." I said. "Sound good?"

"Perfect." She smiled. "See you." She said as I kissed her on her head. Then she pulled out of the parking lot, leaving me to stand there and realize that my was dad home.

I couldn't sneak in, I would make too much noise with my car, and climbing on the side of my house. But I also didn't want to go into a public place wearing a uniform. Whatever, I told myself, I'll just tell him. Flat out. What's the worst he could do?

I hopped in my car and drove back home. I pulled up in my drive way and snook into my quiet house. Seeing that no one was around, I rushed upstairs to quickly change. I was hoping they were in the basement or something so I could explain myself later.

I opened one of my dresser drawers and quickly threw on the first shirt I saw. Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walk pass my door. I cursed at myself for being an idiot and leaving my door open. Then the person, who was my dad, came back to take a second glance. "What are you doing back home?"

I sighed as I closed my dresser drawer. "I got fired."

"For what?" My dad asked, calmly.

Shocked by his reaction, I gave him a confused look. He was never one to get mad, but with something like this I thought he would. "I made one mistake. Just one! And I get fired." I began to ramble.

"What'd you do wrong?" My dad asked, leaning against the door way.

"Forgot to lock the damn door." I said, realizing how stupid it was to fire Taylor and I just for that. "It's not like kids say 'Hey, lets go break into Johnny Rockets at two o'clock in the morning!'"

My dad laughed at me. "Well what are you doing now?"

"Going out to get ice cream with my friend?" I asked, smirking.

"Sure, go." He said. "Only because Casey and I want to be alone." My dad winked.

"Oh, gross." I said as I grabbed my car keys and left my room. My dad laughed at me as I ran down the stairs and back to my car.

When I arrived at Taylors, she was sitting in her front steps in a striped gray and white V neck from American Apparel and some black skinny jeans. She looked up and smiled as she saw me pull up in her drive way. I stopped my car as she walked over and I let her get in. "So," I smirked as she put on her seat belt. "Where to?"

The looked out of the window and thought. "Let's just get out of this town." She said.

"Anywhere but here?" I asked. She looked back at me a nodded. "Alright." I said as I pulled out of her driveway and began to drive no where in particular.

Taylor wasn't saying anything to me but she seemed perfectly fine. She just sat in the passenger seat, listened to the music I was playing and stared out the window. We were on the high way, passing up every exit and just going forward. Taylor was watching all of the cars and exits pass us.

I reached over and put my hand on her leg as I kept my eyes on the road. She put her hand on my arm and began to rub it as I felt her look over at me. I looked back at her and smiled as I saw the cute smirk on her face. She was happy to just be with me. Whatever we were doing, wherever we were going, she seemed to be alright with it. And frankly, I felt the same way.

I didn't feel like driving on the crowded high way any more so I got on the next exit, without reading the signs. "Are you going anywhere in particular?" Taylor asked.

"Not at all." I replied with a smirk.

The sun was almost fully down and my mixed Cd was almost over. I could see a glow in the sky from the city we were heading into. Tucson, Arizona was where we ended up. As I drove down the bright city streets, crowds of people were waiting outside of nightclubs and calling for cabs. Taylor was taking in the scene as I spotted a small ice cream place on the corner. "You said you wanted ice cream, right?"

"We can." She said.

"Okay then." I said as I pulled in front of the small ice cream place and parked.

Taylor and I went into the cute little parlor and looked at all their flavors. Taylor got a cone of cotton candy, and I settled for chocolate. "And that'll be $6.25." The cashier said as she opened up the cash register.

I saw Taylor trying to pull money out of her pocket to give me. "No babe, I got it." I said to Taylor. Taylor shoved the money back in her pocket. She knows I hate it when people try to argue with me about paying for something.

I handed the cashier exact change and thanked her. The cashier wished me to have a good night and I gave her a nice smile before I turned around with Taylor. "You wanna eat in here or go somewhere else?" I asked her.

"Somewhere else." She said as she lead me to the door. "I've never been here before."

"Neither have I." I simply said as we walked out of the ice cream shop and to my car.

We hopped in my car with our ice cream in our hands. I handed Taylor my ice cream cone as I put my seat belt on. After I buckled mine, I leaned over and grabbed Taylors. I buckled hers and then gave her a kiss on the cheek. She shook her head slightly and laughed a bit as I took my cone back from her. "What?" I smiled as I started the car.

She licked her ice cream and looked at me. "You're just too cute."

I smirked back at her and pulled out of the parking spot. I drove around the city and ate my ice cream simultaneously for a while before I came across an empty parking lot. I parked facing the other half of the city which was located on the other side of the water.

I parked the car and looked over at Taylor. She had already eaten her ice cream but I still had mine. Since I was driving and couldn't eat it as fast, it was melting in my hand. I took my seat belt off and opened my door. I got out and threw the rest of my cone on the ground as I wiped the ice cream soup from my hands on my pants. Taylor got out of my car as well and walked over to me. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her on the top of her head. I went over and laid on the hood of my car, my back on the windshield. Taylor did the same as I pulled her closer to me and kissed her cheek.

The lights of the buildings were reflecting off the water which lit up our faces even more. I smiled as she kissed my cheek softly. "John." She whispered.

"Hmm?" I asked and looked at her.

"Are you sure you don't like Jamie anymore?" She asked.

My heart sank. I didn't want to think of her. All I wanted to do was lay there with Taylor without thinking about anything else, but now my mind is going to be racing. "I'm not completely sure, to be honest." I spoke the truth.

Taylors face fell at my reply but then she began to ask me another question. "Do you feel the same way about me as I do about you?"

"Yes." I replied without any hesitation. But I wasn't too sure of my answer. I didn't know if I really liked Taylor. Sure, she's super sweet and adorable. I knew that I liked spending time with her. But we don't really have anything in common. Jamie on the other hand, is bittersweet. We have just about everything in common but I didn't like spending time with her. Well, not in this situation we're in. But I loved being with her... before.

With my mind racing, I saw Taylor smile at me slightly. I kissed her cold lips softly as she tightened her grip around me. As I pulled away, I looked straight into her eyes and hoped I wouldn't fuck this up. Hurting her is the last thing I'd ever want to do, believe me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I'm taking so long to update :\
But I've been thinking about a new Jack Barakat story!
Its a really cool idea, so keep a heads up for that!

Thanks for commenting and subscribing everyone.
I really appreciate it.