The Devil Took My Soul

The Devil Took My Soul

Every kid has their problems in life right? Well, what if I told you my problem was the "Devil"? Sounds very unrealistic, hmm?

Along with problems comes a belief. Sure, everyone will rush over to little Sally when she trips and scrapes her knee, but would they come running over to me in sympathy if they knew the "Devil" took over my soul? Very unlikely. See, here's the thing, no one really believes in that stuff unless they see it first hand, or have some type of communication with the dead. It's a shame, but who am I to judge? I doubt anyone would want to be in my situation right now and quite frankly, I don't blame them.

I am "The Devils Child" according to my Mother. She has strong faith in God, along with 99% of my family. Yes, I am that 1% that has no belief. I am the weirdest kid you'll ever hear about when it comes to religion and beliefs. I have no sense of the Heavens above, or the Hell that's supposed to be burning below my very bed, but a strong belief in the Paranormal, and if you don't understand that word, it means sprits, ghosts, etc. Then why did I say the "Devil" took my soul? Simple. I call every angry spirit the Devil; they resemble him perfectly so why not? So, all in all, I don't really believe the "Devil" took my soul, I believe an angry spirit that hasn't quite passed on yet wants to live through me, and that includes: my mind, my words, my emotions, my actions.

In school I am known as "Schitzie Ritzy", in dumbass language that means "Schizophrenic Sereena". To inform you, I am not schizophrenic. It is the soul that's choosing to live inside me that makes me act bezerk. Just ask my millions of doctors who tested me for everything in the fucking book, they'd tell you straight up. Regardless, I have one friend, one best friend. I didn't start this "cult" for the Dead or anything, I don't wear powder on my face to make me look whiter, I don't wear long black trench coats, chains, any of that. To look at me you'd just pass me off as a girl trying to live life. But I can't. When the evil decides to take over I am a whole different person, believe me. Of course I am oblivious to my actions; I’ve been told I become very violent and rambunxious. So unlike me. I guess one time it was so bad I threw a freshly sharpened pencil so hard to stuck in the chalk board. Well, it had to have been true because when I found myself in the principal’s office I was totally dumbfounded as to what happened. Needless to say, I got suspended for two weeks. I couldn't fight against him, I mean, what would I say? "Oh, that's not fair! I was under control by a spirit!" Ha-ha! Yeah. Talk about three week’s suspension. I will admit having someone randomly taking control of your actions isn't the funnest thing in the world. I could murder someone and have no idea why I'm in a court room. That is the downside of the nonbelievers. To them it'd be me. It'd be "my face", "my actions", "my knife", so therefore I'd be behind bars for something I physically didn't do, but mentally... if that makes sense? Fuck I hated this, I hated this so much. Why me? Why? Why did this... this thing have to take over me?

Rage curled in my stomach, pulsing in my veins. Why? It's clawing at my insides. Why? It's burning my body; the flames, the Hell... Why!

I screamed and slammed my fist next to the previous holes from before.

"It's time to die" I whispered. I grabbed the knife from my dresser and casually made my way down the stairs. Stupid Bitch would regret her faith in God. I'd cut her heart right out of her ribs. I'd watch her scream. I'd watch her die, and then dance in her filthy religious blood. I'd take her body and bury it. I don't need her, I don't need God. Fake... "Fake!" I blurted, pointing at the crucifix hanging on the dull-yellow wall. "Fake!" I screamed louder and lodged the knife into the wall. "Your religion is dead to me!" I shouted. I grabbed the crucifix from the wall and stuffed it in my mouth. It burned my tongue. I could feel the Holy Ghosts' coming for me. The burning; Like water that's been heated for hours. Blistering pain. Swelling. "GET OUT" I spat the burning piece of shit on the floor. I started shaking violently in rage. God hurt me, so I'll hurt his believers. I will take them down and destroy them with everything I got.

"Sereena" the believer said gently, with a hand behind her back. Bitch can't fool me.

"Fuck you and your Holy Water!" I screamed and ran after her with my hands outward. She was fast and out of sight. My lip twitched as I paced around the house. I had to be careful... Suddenly, I stopped and yelled in pain. Those words! Sweet Fuck! It was like a curse to me. I buckled over in pain as the believer came into view reading from the bible. "Fuck you!" I tried to hold my ears shut from the words of pain but I was too weak. She won this round, but I would be back!

"Oh man" I mumbled, my voice barely audible over everyone chattering around me. "What's going on?" I asked. I was scared; there were unfamiliar faces in my house.

"Sereena, hi" a man smiled and knelt down beside me on the couch. "Nice to meet you, I'm Ryan from the Paranormal Research Society. Your mother called us in a day ago"

"Oh..."

"I know this is tough for you, but we're going to do everything in our power to get this out of you, OK?" he flashed me a brilliant smirk

"OK" I nodded slowly "Um, Ryan, when is this going to happen?" I asked. My nerves were shot now, but somehow I had an ounce of hope it would leave. I wanted to be normal... for once. That's all I asked for. I was glad these people understood what was going on and just didn't throw me off as a "Devil Child", or some freak. It feels nice to be accepted.

"In a few hours. We're letting you settle into your own skin first" he smirked again then stood up. "If you need anything just call me"

"OK" I nodded and watched him walk out of the living room. My eyes twitched around the room, my nerves were tearing me apart. It's like I was waiting to be sentenced to death... Waiting for them to call my name, waiting for the electricity to fill my veins, waiting for everything inside me to explode, waiting for my life to end. Maybe this...this thing was a part of my life? No! No! It was playing with my mind. There is no way this belongs in my soul. If I want this gone I have to join the PRS in this fight to free my soul. No matter the pain, the electricity, no matter what, this was going to leave. I kept thinking positive until I seen the priest walk into the room. Oh no...

Boiling; I was boiling. Blood hot as the coals of Hell. There is no way I will let this believer touch me! Him and his filthy hands of Holy Water. He can fuck right off.

"Go!" I screamed, jumping off the coach. I found two guys holding me back with all their might.

"Quick!" the taller one shouted. "Get it!"

"Fuck you and your beliefs!" I hissed, still failing at my attempt to get by them. I heard those words from behind me... those burning acidic words from the thin pages in that book of lies. "Lies!" I screamed and threw myself to the floor. I covered my ears and kept screaming. "The book of lies!"

"Leave this innocent soul!" the believer shouted pressing the crucifix on my forehead. The burning. No! I cannot leave, they won’t make me. I am stronger than God. "Leave!" he shouted again, pressing the thing harder to my forehead. It felt like a thousand hot nails were being hammered into my head slowly and one at a time.

"Sereena, you're in there, I know you are! Fight with us!"

The voice was so familiar... I knew it... It was coming to me, slowly, but surely... Ry--Rya--Ryan!

"GET THE FUCK OUT" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I felt something pushing at my insides; it was nauseating. "Out!" I screamed again, and the feeling got worse as the priest splashed holy water across my burning forehead. I breathed heavily and felt everything bad run up my throat and spill over the hardwood floor.

There was silence for a few minutes, and that gave me time to process how human I felt for once. It felt so amazing. I couldn't wait to start my new life as a normal person. A smile slowly grew across my face, and that's when the priest nodded to everyone. Sighs of relief filled the room.

"Thank God" my mother cried "Thank you guys so much"

"Hey, anytime. I'm so glad we could help" Ryan smiled, and then lifted me back on the couch. "Any more trouble, just call"

I couldn't speak because I was still in pain, but I politely nodded and smiled at him and the rest of the PRS team. Tears of joy were still in my mother’s eyes when she left me to get some rest. I felt so much better and relieved when I slept. Who was I to judge the power of God anyway? If he wanted me to be miserable he wouldn't have saved me just then... It was something I would question for awhile before I thought of being the 100% in my family.

After a few hours I was well enough to walk around and eat some soup. My mother cleaned up the evil in the living room and blessed the area to make sure it wouldn't come back.

"Goodnight, Sereena" my mother smiled and tucked me in; she hasn't done that in a long time.

"Night, Mum" I responded with a yawn. The light was taken from my room when she shut the door and walked downstairs.

I felt very uneasy in my room...again. Someone was watching me from my closet, I knew it. I couldn't be scared of him this time! I closed my eyes tightly and tried to sleep, but the cold chills made it impossible. I felt the blankets being pulled from me and I knew it was him; he was back. The fucker tricked them, me, and everyone. God wanted me to be miserable, it was clear to see.

"You betrayed me" the whisper fluttered around my room in every direction. A maniacal laugh swept through my walls; was I going insane?

I gulped back my fear and ignored it. Imagination.

"Bitch" it breathed by my ear.

I felt the pull, the rush, the evil. No, it couldn't be... Quickly I jumped out of bed and ran down the stairs. Was there any escape from a soul slaughterer?

"Go aw--" I tried to scream but felt the grasp of hands around my throat; my own hands. I couldn't pull them off me. The grip tightened and I gave up. I felt myself collapse to the cold living room floor. Shivers ran through my body as I--it-- continually smashed my head off the floor. I felt the blood of Hell gently slide down the small crack in my skull--- Then the world went blank.