Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Surprises?

The next day, Kaeden wasn't at school, and oddly enough neither was Jesse or one of the popular girls that hung out with them, Diana. She wondered why he was out so much and if he could even afford being out so much since midterms were coming up. However, the more Marionette thought about it the more she thought that she shouldn't really care about him, Kaeden wasn't her responsibility and she didn't really even know if she care about him...did she?

"Hey, freak!" Marionette knew all to well that it was her being called over and just ignored the voice. Unfortunately, the voice didn't ignore her.

"Hello, I'm talking to you creepshow!" Marionette turned around to see, Kelly, the head cheerleader, and the rest of her bleach blonde crew standing behind her. Marionette rolled her eyes, never having an encounter with them before but ever since her birthday, new people have just been popping up everywhere in her life.

"What can I do for you?" Marionette asked, hatred dripping on every end of that question. Kelly glared at Marionette and then got close to her to get in her face.

"What the hell is this that I hear you and Kaeden are getting close?" Marionette sighed knowing this was going to happen, every popular girl in school would want her head for even talking to Kaeden.

"Well you heard wrong, now excuse me, I need to leave." Marionette pushed her way through the barbies and out to the front of the school. Shockingly there was Lance waiting there her.

"Hi!" She waved at him, when a hand forced her to turn around and face her again. Marionette glared at Kelly not believing that she would do that and was about to say something when Kelly slapped her in the face.

"I know you've been hanging out with Kaeden so don't you dare lie to me!" Marionette never in her life had been hit before and instantly took hold of Kelly's long golden hair, wrapping it around her hand and pulled her head towards her chest.

"Never...and I mean never hit me again. You want Kaeden, go take him. Not my type anyways," with that said, Marionette let go of her hair with such force that all of her clones had to catch her. Everyone who was on the scene was completely shocked by Marionette's behavior knowing her to be very quiet. Lance was even shocked at the way she had acted towards the girl.

"Fucking, freak!" Kelly shouted after Marionette as she made her way over to Lance. Lance glared at the girl and then looked at Marionette who taking deep breaths continuing to walk home.

"You okay?" Lance asked as Marionette looked down at the floor not wanting to look around at anyone. She had never gotten angry before like that so her own reaction to what Kelly had done had scared her but she knew that she somewhat deserved it.

"Y-Yeah, I guess. What are you doing here?" Marionette questioned looking over at Lance who was worried about her.

"I wanted to come and surprise you. Thought maybe we could go to the park or something." He smiled and she looked at him shocked. She didn't expect that, but thought about it. She was just in a small fight with the most popular school and was probably going to be even more hated by tomorrow so why not have a good time tonight?

"Okay, but as long as I'm home in time for dinner. My mom freaks." She stated as Lance smile only widened at her response. With that they quickly made their way to the small park the was practically the only park in the small suburban town she lived in.

"So besides becoming solid, can you do anything else?" Marionette questioned as Lance pushed her on one of the swings. He chuckled at her question and walked around the side of her, leaning against the pole.

"Only one other thing, but I'm working on getting better." Marionette looked over at him smiling, wondering what else ghost could do.

"So, show me!" Lance looked at her confused as he watched her swing herself back and forth, leaning all the way back as she came forward, almost letting her head touch the ground.

"Show you? Show you what?" Marionette laughed continuing to swing, letting the wind flow through her making her feel so relaxed. She glanced over at Lance knowing that he knew what she was talking about and just wanted to play dumb.

"You know! I already know, you can obviously walk through stuff and now you can become solid, but like, can you move things with your mind or fly or something?" Lance laughed, she was really something.

"I can sort of move things with my mind." He told her and she instantly brought the swing to a stop, looking straight at him in awe. Marionette had always wanted to see something like that, and meeting Lance was just a stepping stone.

"Okay, let's see. Please?" Marionette asked getting up and walking over to Lance with her puppy dog face on. Lance sighed and nodded his head, "Just once, okay?" Marionette nodded her head delightfully and stood next to Lance watching him closely to see how he was going to do it. The next thing she saw were the swings, gently moving and then slowly getting faster. She looked up at Lance seeing him staring at the swings intensely.

"Wow, you're really moving them?" Lance broke focus letting the swings go, looking over at Marionette nodding his head.

"Yea, I want to work hard to make sure I can always do this, Marionette." Lance took hold of her hand causing Marionette to blush and look away from him. No one ever having been so bold.

"I see." Lance noticed how shy she was getting and quickly let go of her hand chuckling nervously.

"I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable. That was stupid of me." Marionette looked up at him and shook her head. She grabbed his hands. smiling softly, her face still red.

"It was just, no one has ever really been this way with me before. You and Kaeden are the first boys who ever liked me." Lance was shocked, realizing that the rest of her school was just like that girl that Marionette had a fight with. Most of them obviously wouldn't except someone as dark as Marionette. Oddly enough, Kaeden did, but he wondered if that was because Kaeden was a vampire and was apart of the darkness himself...

"So, I'm guessing you've never had your first kiss?" Marionette blushed, nodding her head and then noticed where the sun was in the sky.

"Oh, no. I have to get home." Lance nodded his head and they both started to walk back to her house. Just before they go there Marionette turned to Lance, blushing once more and avoiding his gaze.

"Thanks for taking me to the park. I had a nice time." Lance smiled, glad to know that he could do something good for her.

"Anytime. Next time, I promise, I'll take you someplace better, if you'd let me?" Marionette thought about it and nodded her head. "Deal." With that she quickly hugged Lance and then ran off inside to greet her mother and father for dinner. Lance then thought on it, "where am I going to take her?" He quickly walked off to find out.

--

"Boy, am I tired." Marionette said to herself as she finished up the last of her homework, thinking about today with Lance. Then she looked around the room and saw it was quiet empty, like something was missing.

"I've always wanted a cat." She said to herself when all of a sudden she heard rocks being thrown at her window. She waited to hear some more and sure enough, more rocks were thrown. She was completely confused. Marionette then opened the window slowly to look out and see Kaeden standing there. She smiled down at him and thought about how foolish he was.

"What are you doing here?" She asked leaning against the windowsill. Kaeden smirked at her motioned for her to come down.

"Hold on." Marionette closed the window and place on some slippers, quietly making her way out the back door. Surprisingly Kaeden was already there, waiting for her.

"You're crazy! Why weren't you in school?" Kaeden just smiled at her, laughing lightly. He brought her in his arms and hugged her tightly. She was shocked by his actions, never seeing him act this way toward any girl before.

"I wanted to see you. I don't know why, but I just really had to." Marionette was flattered and was completely bedazzled by his actions but something inside her fluttered so she quickly pushed him away.

"Sorry, listen tomorrow night make sure you can sneak out, okay?" Kaeden looked at her pleadingly and she looked at him, biting her lip. For some reason the look in his eyes made her melt inside.

"Uh, sure. I mean why?" Marionette wondered and Kaeden just kissed her cheek.

"Promise me you'll get away?" Marionette thought about it, thinking about how her life was always so boring and normal before she met Lance in person and getting to know Kaeden so she decided to say yes.

"Yes." With that Kaeden smiled and ran off letting Marionette to go back inside. She thought about how her life had changed and how it was taking new turns that excited her as much as it secretly frightened her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image