Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

The Perfect Date

Marionette spent the day thinking about her new friends. Within two days her life had taken a large turn. She didn't hate it, but it was definitely strange that her new best friend and now crush was a ghost and her other crush is the most popular guy in school. Things like that didn't happen to people like Marionette.

During class she caught a glimpse of Kelly the girl that she had had the confrontation with yesterday glance at her and once Marionette looked at her she shied away in fear. She never really meant to hurt Kelly but because Kelly had hit her first for some reason it was like an instinct to hit her back.

Once school was out Kaeden whispered to Marionette about their late night date that was to happen, causing Marionette to blush deeply. He gave her a kiss on the cheek (which everyone saw) and then ran off to his car. Quickly before Marionette could be questioned or even be gossiped about, she ran on home.

At home her mother gave her something small to eat and told her that she would have to make dinner for herself, a body in their funeral home waiting to be prepared.

"Sure, mom." This is perfect, sneaking out will be a piece of cake. Marionette thought to herself as she ran upstairs to do her homework and then pick out what to wear for her romantic date.

She knew Kaeden would take her somewhere fancy as most boys do, when she would honestly be happy going anywhere. No one had ever taken her out before and the first time they had gone out it was so much fun, that she knew this time would be even better. The only thing that worried her was Lance.

Would he appear on her date with Kaeden? Or would she have to tell him herself that she was going out on a date with Kaeden? She knew it would be better if she told him herself but she wasn't exactly sure how to say it.

***
"Goodnight sweetie." Marionette heard her mother whisper to her as she went to check on her. Her mother always did this, at around midnight she would check on her to make sure she was asleep and not roaming the graveyard or the funeral home, and then head off to bed her father patiently waiting for his wifes return.

Once she knew her mother was down the hall and in her room, Marionette quickly jumped out of the bed to put on her usual dark make-up and then grabbed a sweater. She was wearing a beautiful skirt with combat styled boots and a corset all in black that looked beautiful on her. She wondered if Kaeden would like it even though it really wasn't his style.

After a good thirty minutes Marionette's make-up was finished and her parents were fast asleep. She also hadn't seen Lance so she figured that he wasn't going to come. Most likely more training on how to be solid.

Marionette made her way out the back and headed towards the cemetery. She felt excited and nervous all at once. This was something so new to her she could feel her heart beating hard against her chest, what she didn't know was that ten feet away from her, Kaeden could also hear her heart pumping from within...delicious blood running through her veins.

"Boo!" Marionette almost screamed but Kaeden covered her mouth quickly. She freaked out before seeing who exactly had wrapped their arms around her and then calmed.

"You okay? I didn't mean to scare you." Marionette shook her head feeling extremely embarrassed. Nothing ever frightened her, practically no could sneak up on her and yet Kaeden did.

"It's fine, that just doesn't happen very often to me." She explained and Kaeden just smiled at her.

"You look beautiful." Kaeden whispered to her, causing her to blush even more.

"Thank you, I wasn't sure if you would like it." Kaeden furrowed his brow, not really understanding why when he then looked at his own attire seeing himself dressed like almost every other person in the school. The only reason why he did that was because he was told to, the Elders wanted them to blend in with the humans to find out more about how much they would tolerate the vampire race, so dressing like this was apart of the whole, "blending in" plan that the Elders wanted.

"I know I don't look it but...I love the way you dress, I used to dress like that myself. My...parents wanted me to be more proper so to get them to stop complaining I agreed, " Marionette was completely shocked. She had never before thought that Kaeden would be one of her own people. A freak like herself.

"I'm amazed." She told him as he grabbed on tightly to her hand.

"You'll be even more amazed in a minute." With that Kaeden pulled out a blind fold from his pocket and asked Marionette to turn around. Slightly weary of what he might do, she hesitated but then turn around and let Kaeden place the blind fold over her eyes.

"You're not doing this to take advantage of me, right?" Kaeden chuckled and turned Marionette around so that she could face him. He saw her lips just there, plump and waiting, wanting to kiss her but he knew that she had never had her first kiss, his talk with Lance not to long before. Lance also told him about the girl who had hit Marionette in the face. He had confronted the girl early today telling her to stay away from Marionette and any of her others friends, the girl all too eager to do so.

"Never." He gently kissed the side of her lip, causing chills to go down her spine and make her knees weak. She couldn't believe this was happening to her. Kaeden picked her up, making sure her skirt didn't fly up and carried her off up a hill. She had no idea what was going on and held on tightly to Kaeden, nervous, scared, these strange emotions she had never felt before and excitement. That she knew, running through the graveyard while her sister chased after her, laughing and playing. Marionette really did miss her sister.

Soon enough, Kaeden placed her back down on the ground and stepped behind her. He made sure she was in place and that everything was perfect when he slowly removed the blind fold from her eyes. When Marionette saw the sight she couldn't believe it. A large and full moon appeared over the cemetery that they were overlooking on the hill they were atop of. Everything was breath taking, the black candles that slowly burned were dripping wax, the wonderful meal that Kaeden seemed to have had prepared, everything made Marionette want to tear. She turned around to look at Kaeden who was just standing there, smiling at her. Marionette couldn't think logically, all she knew was that this man was somehow getting into her head to create the perfect date.

"I-it's...I don't think words would do it justice. This is incredible, Kaeden!" Marionette jumped on him, hugging him tightly as he laughed looking at her. He had never felt this way before about any mortal and Kaeden was alive for a very long time to know that Marionette was somehow special.

"Thank you." She whispered, her eyes closed to try and keep the tears of happiness in.

"I wanted to give you the perfect date, like I said," Marionette smiled as Kaeden sat her down and they began to eat. Kaeden shared things with her that he had never told anyone before, as did Marionette. She didn't understand what happened that night, but she knew that what she was feeling was making her hands sweat, her heart beat faster, and her mind spin. She wondered to herself if she was falling for Kaeden as Kaeden wondered to himself, if he was sure he wanted to let himself fall for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image