Status: UPDATE: GOING THROUGH EDITING

Sleeping In A Graveyard

Midnight's Song

"I know what you are." Aurora told Kaeden, as she made sure the door was closed behind her. Kaeden looked at her and smirked at her. In his mind she couldn't possibly know, a mortal.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, Ms. Spelling." Aurora glared at him and yanked at his wrist and turned it around, pushing up his shirt sleeve to reveal a small tattoo of Mars on his wrist.

"How the hell do you know that?" Kaeden ripped his arm away from her and pushed Aurora against the house roughly. Aurora's heart started to race but she knew she couldn't show that she was afraid of Kaeden; right now all that ran through her mind was her sister's safety.

"Doesn't matter how I know, what matters is what do you want with my sister?" Kaeden realized why she was so aggressive. She was just worried about Marionette and he understood. He backed away and looked down at the floor.

"If you must know, I actually like your sister." Aurora glared at him not really believing it.

"Oh, really?" Kaeden sighed and looked back into the house. He knew that Marionette was waiting for her sister, she had been talking about this the entire week and he didn't want something like this to ruin it.

"Listen, meet me on the top of that hill and me and you can talk." Kaeden pointed to the hill that he had created the romantic dinner date that he and Marionette had share. He hoped that Aurora would be willing to meet him later so that the both of them could get the answers they were looking for.

"Why later?" She asked as she heard her sister's voice call out to her, telling her that everything was ready for them.

"That's why. Marionette has been looking forward to you coming out her all week, we'll talk later." Aurora bit her lip and nodded her head.

"Later." Kaeden smiled at her feebly and watched her go back inside of the house.

Sighing he walked away wondering how some mortal could aknow about him. The only mortals who ever knew about that were hunters and hunters were no longer a threat after the last century. Hunters were of course still taught about their bloodlines and of the vampires they once hunted, but never to kill. Killing was no longer aloud unless called upon and even so the vampire Elder Council would take care of such matters. How did this simple girl know? Kaeden knew she couldn't have been one of his own, she would have heard that she had no heartbeat, and she indeed had a heartbeat. It began to race when he had pinned her against the wall. 'How does she know...'

"Kaeden!" Kaeden flinched, knowing that voice. He turned around to see Diana's blonde pony tail swaying lightly behind her, hands on her hips and her lips pursed. She did not look happy and Kaeden knew what exactly about she was unhappy with.

"Hi, Diana." Kaeden said monotone as he walked up to her.

"Kaeden, you know being with that mortal is dangerous! Sion and Cordelia are extremely worried, Cordelia has stopped playing!" Kaeden's eyes went wide at hearing the news. Cordelia loved her violin dearly, and she would play almost everyday.

When Kaeden was first turned her playing would help sooth him back to sleep from the horrible nightmares his mortality had left him. When Cordellia played it was almost like the gods would stop to listen and weep at the beauty her music brought.

"I'll go talk to them. And please, Diana, if you got to know Marionette, you would know that she's an amazing girl." Diana looked at Kaeden for a moment before he walked off to leave her to her thoughts. She had secretly always wanted to be Marionette's friend. She could tell that Marionette shared the same taste in life as Diana did but because of their orders to try and "live amongst the living" she had to maintain her unwanted popularity. The only person out of their small trio that seemed to enjoy it was Jesse. The girls, the stares, the clothes, everything. She could also see his jealousy coming through as Kaeden spent more and more time away from the house and with Marionette.

***

"Wow, I can't believe all that has happened! Marionette, I'm proud that you have made friends! Maybe this mean you might make some more on the way!" Marionette blushed and shook her head. She was happy with just Lance and Kaeden and she was especially glad she was able to tell someone everything that she was thinking about the two. Of course Marionette left out the part that Lance was a ghost, but other than that she spilled her guts to her sister and in turn her sister did the same.

Aurora told her of her handsome boyfriend, Lamont Sterling, who was supposedly very charming. He is a writer, who majors in creative writing at her school and they met through their shared love for books. Aurora's eyes sparkled as she told the story of the two meeting and then sharing their first kiss with one another, Marionette couldn't help but be excited and slightly jealous of this man.

On one side, she was grateful that her sister had someone new in her life that she seemed to be head over heals for, but then there was the other side that never wanted to lose her big sister. What she hadn't realized was that Marionette herself was entering a world much like her sister's. She was going out on dates, almost having her first kiss; it was all so new to her that she didn't even see it coming.

"When do I get to meet him?" Marionette asked as she took another bite of her chocolate ice cream.

"Well, he’s supposed to be coming the day after tomorrow, when I leave to go back to college." Marionette frowned at the thought of her sister having to go back but understood she had to.

"Can't wait. So, tomorrow are we hanging out?" Aurora nodded her head and looked at the time. It was twelve in the morning and Aurora couldn't believe that they had been talking for so long, or that her mother didn't call them down for dinner.

"Wow, look at the time. We should get some rest." Aurora urged Marionette to hop into her bed and Marionette did. She was starting to begin to feel the day catch up with her and let out a long yawn.

"Okay. Night, Aurora." She mumbled she Aurora helped her crawl into bed.

"Night, Netty."

Once Aurora was out the room she made sure everyone in the house was asleep before she got herself ready to go meet with Kaeden.

'I'll find out what you want with my sister, Sparks...'
♠ ♠ ♠
Image